Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New version of Dior Homme Cologne in 2013

From perfumemaster.org: A new version of Dior Homme Cologne is coming in January/February, at least in Europe.

Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit Blossom and Musk.

I guess the 2007 version will be retired, so stock up if you liked that one!

Default Re: New version of Dior Homme Cologne in 2013

Thanks for the info.

Is that all of the notes? If so, it sounds nice and simple. I don't know if I have room for yet another iris-bomb in my collection.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Grapefruit again? Goodness is that not be overplayed?

Hope it smells better than it sounds!

My friend who works with the Dior house said that it reminds her of Dior Homme Sport wich i can see in the notes. So no buy for me.....

The original was lovely, but FAR too light and fleeting, even for a cologne.

Stock up on 2007? I can't find 2007 anywhere (at least in US).

Looking forward to testing the new one. I'm a sucker for Dior Homme and all its flankers even though I'm not a fan of the new DHS.

What is this thing? Doesn't look masculine at all like DH and DHI

This looks simplistic. The bottle looks beautifully cold and uncompromising. Looking forward to a new masculine from dior.

I'll try it when it hits stores here as I love Dior and it's creations, but I was hoping they'd release a masculine. Oh well, it might turn out to be a pleasant surprise. Hope it will be.

Didn't see the point of the first one and don't see a point to this one.

Will it be as impossible to find as the original?

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Grapefruit again? Goodness is that not be overplayed?
    Well, it was either grapefruit or oud...........I guess the grapefruit worked better.

I am certainly looking forward to giving this one a sniff...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I'm very fond of the original. Don't want to be too negative without actually sniffing the new version first, but. . . this doesn't sound very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    The original was lovely, but FAR too light and fleeting, even for a cologne.
    For me it had very good lasting power for a cologne.

Where is the original available?

Really look foreward to trying this one out. It brings to mind Kenzo Power Cologne, which I really enjoy. The packaging of the Kenzo lists bergamont, cedar and vetiver. Its smells awesome and I certainly feel there are other notes going on in the accord. It doesn't list iris, but I feel it has something there that resembles it. I hope the new Dior Homme Cologne comes close. I am so glad they decided to release another one.

The original can still be found. If I loved it, I could have it. But alas, I don't. I still see it for sale online and in perfume shops. A little pricey, but when you really appreciate something, that doesn't stand in the way for a Basenoter.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Thanks, will have to test this one.

As long as they don't mess with DH & DHI again, they can put out whatever else they want. DHS actually benefitted for a new formula though imo.

I am real glad that Dior is revamping their line up

so any other info on this?

Tried this one today. Nice, though nothing new. Dior Homme Cologne is a light modern citrusy cologne. I feel citruses (a tangerine type) on a soft (like a cotton fabric!) musky base. Reminds of Dior Homme Sport without ginger or twice less strong Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport. No connections with old Dior Homme Cologne.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 5th February 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AntonPan; 5th February 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Got this as a present and like it. Really a lighter version of Allure Homme Sport Cologne - lemons, lemons, lemons. Though nice longevity and sillage for cologne concentration.
    45dc739df49b.jpg
    014d0e660577.jpg
    Last edited by AntonPan; 5th February 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Lovely bottle thats for sure....but hows the scent?

I was at Sephora today and they had it in so I gave it a sniff and asked for a sample to take home.

Here's what I think about it: http://chemistinthebottle.wordpress....-cologne-2013/

I tried this at duty free. I was not impressed; it smells like a typical citrus cologne and there are better, more natural smelling variants out there of this formula. I couldn't even detect any of the Dior Homme signature iris, which is what made the 2007 DHC so magical and beautiful.

I am a big fan of the 2007 DHC, and it is miles better than this thing.

Sounds like vintage Dior Homme Sport without the potency. Thanks for the info.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Sampled it a few days ago, it is a watered down Dior Homme Sport (2008 version), with a bit more citrus added. Longevity is average, projection is mediocre at best (did 3 sprays in the same spot on my wrist to get these results; so i guess that compared to the usual spraying, both longevity and projection are awful - for just one spray in a spot).

Sigh, was really hoping this'd be something awesome

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    Well, it was either grapefruit or oud...........I guess the grapefruit worked better.
    Grapefroud!

The bottle looks nice and minimalist. The fragrance sounds... just minimalist.

Anyone seen this in the UK?
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

I recently fell out of love with Dior Homme. No interest from me.

The video review of new DH Cologne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4

I keep hearing people say that they expected more from this one and that it's nothing more than a citrusy light summer fragrance. What were people expecting? A heavy winter masculine hit from Dior? I think it's pretty obvious from the note breakdown how this one was going to to be and there is nothing wrong with a relaxing cool strictly seasonal fragrance. Pretty clear thats what Dior was aiming for.

Going simple is sometimes the way to go, great to visit this classic cologne style theme.

Keep the reviews coming!

The original version of Dior Homme Cologne is a spectacular transformation of the original EdT into a sort of modern cologne effect. It has all the best parts of Dior Homme EdT, reimagined as a cologne - lighter, more refreshing - but still retaining the distinctive "make up bag" notes. It's in a large, beautiful version of the original bottle. Have to say, what I'm reading here is not getting me too excited. . . but I'll end up springing for it nonetheless, since I love DH, DHI, and original DHC so much. An encouraging development: I keep reading that the new formulation of DH Sport is more like the original EdT. Now that is a spectacular idea. I own and kind of like the original sport version. I'll end up getting the reformulated sport sooner than later.

A bar soap version of original DH would be most welcome. Calling Dior. . .

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    I keep hearing people say that they expected more from this one and that it's nothing more than a citrusy light summer fragrance. What were people expecting? A heavy winter masculine hit from Dior? I think it's pretty obvious from the note breakdown how this one was going to to be and there is nothing wrong with a relaxing cool strictly seasonal fragrance. Pretty clear thats what Dior was aiming for.

Going simple is sometimes the way to go, great to visit this classic cologne style theme.

Keep the reviews coming!
    I think people are expecting some thematic connection with the pillar 'Dior Homme'. All the more shameful since there is a previous Cologne version which has that thematic connection, but which this new version totall lacks, and is now a more generic fragrance amongst the 1000s released in a year. I would ask, why not a new name for such a fragrance. Even a flanker of a flanker would be better... Dior Homme Sport Cologne?

To the people saying a "lighter version" of Chanel AHS Cologne.... seriously?

That stuff is as light as it gets...smells like 10% lemon juice, 10% alcohol, 80% water.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I have two samples and I think this is very nice. This was never created to wow anyone. François Demachy excels at fruity/citrus tops with musky bases that's the style of many of his frags. The aim was clean, fresh and minimalist frag and in that respect it's a success. Dior PR "A pure signature based on notes of Calabrian Bergamot, Grapefruit Blossom and White Musks. Dior Homme Cologne, an essential luxury that dares to be radically simple." This is actually an EDT and the longevity for me was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    To the people saying a "lighter version" of Chanel AHS Cologne.... seriously?

That stuff is as light as it gets...smells like 10% lemon juice, 10% alcohol, 80% water.
    These cologne versions are designed with transparency in mind. Shouldn't really surprise you especially since you live in Florida. This is pretty much the type of climate these are made for. Problem I have is that if they're going to charge high prices they ought to double the size of the bottles.
    Last edited by silentrich; 14th March 2013 at 12:30 AM.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

The original cologne lasted for all of 15 minutes and was little more than a massively watered down DH. I never understood the love for it.

I can still smell it on my clothes a full day after. And again people this is an EDT

Quote Originally Posted by alexwagner View Post
    I can still smell it on my clothes a full day after. And again people this is an EDT
    I own Guerlain L'Eau and I have to do the same thing when I wear it to get any longevity at all on it. Just because it's labeled an EdT doesn't mean anything with these cologne fragrances. If anything they're actually weaker than most EdC's I've tried an owned. A prime example is the EdC Bergamotto Marino which lasts all day (on the skin) and projects better than most EdP's.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Concentrations only truly make sense in relation with each other for the same kind of formulation.

That is to say, a Dior Homme Cologne EdT is likely to be more intense and lasting compared to a (hypothetical) Dior Homme Cologne EdC, but is less intense and less long-lasting compared to (again hypothetical) EdP and extrait versions of Dior Homme Cologne.

It is no use having an extrait version of an eau de cologne (genre, not concentration) type perfume consisting mainly of citrus oils and little base materials (such as sandalwood, or oakmoss, for example). The extrait is only going to be more intensely citrusy but will still be quite short-lived.

I absolutely agree I was just clearing it up in case anybody had any assumptions of this being an EDC. Even if it was the longevity is still great.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by alexwagner; 14th March 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Basenotes Junkie

I sampled this today, and I have to say WOW. First, it's got good staying power even on exposed skin without a pulse point (my hand) and it smells ... well, divine. Also, it's been on a pretty dry hand now for at least six hours, still going very strong. I don't really know how you can get bad longevity out of this one. Also, the simplicity is what attracts me to it. It's just so damn good, uncomplicated and smooth.

I'd like to draw an analogy to Dior's Prive collection and Cologne Royal. To me, Dior Homme Cologne is actually similar, or may even be better. I'll try to get a head-to-head between the two going, I just have to aquire Dior Homme Cologne first - and I'm pretty sure I will. Not much have exited me lately, but this gem is surely damn good. That grapefruit working with the musk is just simple, classy and great.
    Last edited by hreple; 22nd March 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Could we have this in the database please!

Will this be available in the states?

I have been yearning for grapefruit recently. Is the grapefruit a dominant note? Does it resemble DG the one?

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    I sampled this today, and I have to say WOW. First, it's got good staying power even on exposed skin without a pulse point (my hand) and it smells ... well, divine. Also, it's been on a pretty dry hand now for at least six hours, still going very strong. I don't really know how you can get bad longevity out of this one. Also, the simplicity is what attracts me to it. It's just so damn good, uncomplicated and smooth.

I'd like to draw an analogy to Dior's Prive collection and Cologne Royal. To me, Dior Homme Cologne is actually similar, or may even be better. I'll try to get a head-to-head between the two going, I just have to aquire Dior Homme Cologne first - and I'm pretty sure I will. Not much have exited me lately, but this gem is surely damn good. That grapefruit working with the musk is just simple, classy and great.

Basenotes Junkie

I find the grapefruit dominant at least for the first hour, after which it mingles with the musk to create some sort of smooth, chilled out cologne that stays on for ages (at least on me).

You should try it out yourself - I can't promise anything, and if grapefruit tickles your fancy, I suggest Terre D'Hermes as well, but this cologne is pretty damn good and grapefruity in my book.

Would love to see it in the basenotes register.

After a couple of minutes of good smelling citrus, it goes down hill to this generic and bad smelling fresh scent. A unworthy release from Dior again

Can't wait to try this..

I like this one. Simple, wearable, and lovely. Bright citrus + smooth musk combo. And it last forever.

Gonna snag it soon. Gots to call Dior and see if they have it.

Must try this one. Went out looking for it last week, not available anywhere.

I'm loving my bottle. Minimalist, clean citrus musk. My favourite part of this frag is how damn natural it smells. Excellent longevity also from this frag.

Is this available in the U.S.? Would be nice for the summer.....

dying to get my hands on this...