Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New version of Dior Homme Cologne in 2013

Picked up a 75 ml not too long ago from a reliable eBay seller. Agree with previous posts about how natural, pure & simple this smells. The grapefruit blossom gives it a much softer & more floral touch than I expected, but in the heat, this stuff is going to be fantastic. Very fresh & classy smelling, without trying too hard or smelling of soap. Just a nice light citrus floral with some clean musk. This, Guerlain Homme L'eau, Neroli Portofino & Creed OV will be getting a lot of play from me in the heat of summer.

Need to pick this one up.

Got it & dig it.

Where did you get it from? I just got a reply from Dior that it won't be available in the US.

To me it is very similar to DHS minus the ginger and watered down. Very nice.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    To me it is very similar to DHS minus the ginger and watered down. Very nice.
    I have to agree, it's quite similar to DHS, but they've removed the chemical "something" that made me recoil every time I tested DHS.

I'm very happy with DHC, smooth, watery, polite and with huge longevity on me. Perfect for summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Where did you get it from? I just got a reply from Dior that it won't be available in the US.
    Talked to a SA at Dior here in Vegas and she told me it's coming out soon and they'll have it. I got my bottle from ebay.

Thanks!

I've tried it yesterday. Its unoffensive, very light and simple creation. On drydown it reminds me Paul Smith Story. Sillage is better than I expected (very good for such light scent) and I can still smell basenotes close to skin 12 hours later. (I had original Dior Homme Cologne on other wrist and it already disappeared).
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Anyone know where I can get my nose on this in Canada? The Bay at Yorkdale doesn't have it in- at least the last time I checked.

Fans of DH/DHI should not be hyped, almost generic, 'natural' citrus cologne with musk. That's it.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Just visited this one today again and find it quite nice. There's a lot of power in it even though its a floral scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Fans of DH/DHI should not be hyped, almost generic, 'natural' citrus cologne with musk. That's it.
    Some people, that is all that they want .

I picked this up yesterday off eBay; hoping that 1) I picked the right buy to buy from, 2) This smells more like Mugler than DHS, which I couldn't stand

Samples came in- I'm digging it. Better than DHS'08, but quite similar to it. My girlfriend asked me if I was wearing "the one she liked", aka Mugler Cologne, so I guess it's similar enough to that as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adama View Post
    Samples came in- I'm digging it. Better than DHS'08, but quite similar to it. My girlfriend asked me if I was wearing "the one she liked", aka Mugler Cologne, so I guess it's similar enough to that as well.
    Interesting!

You're probably the person to ask here - what are the main differences (to your nose) between the early DHS and the recent one? I smelled the old one long ago, and own the new one. Trying to remember the old one - not sure if it's worth pursuing a "vintage" bottle.

I gotta say, the DHC 2013 is really nice. I bought it blind about 6 months ago, and I am really impressed with the scent and longevity. Definitely has Dior DNA, but pretty different from DHS 2012, DHS 2008, DH, and DHI. I can't compare it to the previous DHC or to the new Dior Homme Eau, but it is different enough from the others that I own to make me glad I own this one too. Fresh and clean (so not for everyone) and big compliment getter. Another hit for Dior IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I gotta say, the DHC 2013 is really nice. I bought it blind about 6 months ago, and I am really impressed with the scent and longevity. Definitely has Dior DNA, but pretty different from DHS 2012, DHS 2008, DH, and DHI. I can't compare it to the previous DHC or to the new Dior Homme Eau, but it is different enough from the others that I own to make me glad I own this one too. Fresh and clean (so not for everyone) and big compliment getter. Another hit for Dior IMO.
    Agree.

I tested DHC 2013 at a duty free airport shop a few months back and sprayed some on my skin; longevity was surprisingly good and I really enjoyed the lemon and bergamot freshness and clean muskiness in the latter stages. A winner in my books and I think this would do wonders in the summer heat; sometimes I want a quality, simplistic scent that doesn't try to hard and this does just that.

Will surely look into getting it once the weather warms up.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    To the people saying a "lighter version" of Chanel AHS Cologne.... seriously?

That stuff is as light as it gets...smells like 10% lemon juice, 10% alcohol, 80% water.
    That's where the profits come pouring in! Sounds like a market scheme. I PASS.