Code of Conduct

Default Nice, mild, casual, not too common fragrance for everyday wear suitable for a 15-year old boy? 75$

Yes, I did search, however, I wanted to find something suited more for me, I guess.

Hi, I'm 15 and I'm searching for a mild, casual and not too common fragrance I'm looking to use everyday, I also shower everyday (whenever I'm going to school). My style is, well, not the douchey style if you know what I mean, so I would prefer to not have a "douche-fragrance" that is too overwhelming.

My general style of clothes and hair is casual/indie/fashionable, I'm rather tall, skinny, pale, blonde and blue-eyed, and my general haircut is "side bangs" or how you should call it. Don't know if that's important to know, but I'd think so.

I'm unable to go try out in "perfume shops" or whatever, because there's none around here. But I'm willing to order from the internet, just throw at me your advice. Is 75$ a reasonable price? I'm willing to go higher but I thought 75$ sounded reasonable for my age etc.

Also a sidenote of how I apply fragrances, I just spray once on my left wrist, rub it against the right wrist and then rub both wrists against the back of my neck. Basically I like to use as little as possible and not overwhelm people with the smell, but if they get near (like sitting right next to me) they'll feel it.

Also, I'd rather not have that mint-smell if you know what I mean. I think I want something.. fruity? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nice, mild, casual, not too common fragrance for everyday wear suitable for a 15-year old boy? 7

Welcome!

$75 sounds like a reasonable budget for your age. However, blind buying is very dangerous if you haven't experimented much, you risk buying something you don't like.

For something a little fun, not expensive, and good, I like the company Lush. Their perfumes are much better than their soaps. 12:45 would be citrusy, a touch sweet. Breath of god is avant-garde, smoke plus a touch of sweet candies. B-scent is slightly sweet and fresh. As a plus, they also come in small sticks, so you can use those before moving to a bigger bottle.

Otherwise, since you are in Sweden, something warm and enveloping sounds appropriate. I like Chanel Egoiste (the regular Egoiste, not the concentree) which smells rich, sandalwoody, with a touch of candied fruits.

cacio

Default Re: Nice, mild, casual, not too common fragrance for everyday wear suitable for a 15-year old boy? 7

Burberry London

The Lush-parfumes and also Burberry London seem very interesting, however, I'm confused, what do you mean by "12:45"? Is it a thing? I can't seem to find it at all on the Lush-website.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't rule out 1 Million by Paco Rabanne. Very nice, girls love it, and people claim it is way "too common," but I have yet to smell it on anyone, anywhere. And this one would work in your colder climate.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleu de chanel is amazing, it's like 2 fragrances in one

For the first hour or 2 it is bright citrus and peppery, really nice

After that it dries down to a nice powdery fresh smell

I've heard of 1 Million too, from what I've read it's rather tempting that one aswell. But I have a question about climate and everything:

Yes, I live in Sweden and it's rather cold here right now, but at summer it actually gets warm (weird, right? ), do I need a specific fragrance for a specific climate? Or can't I use a single one and keep it all year around?

EDIT: Ooh, getting alot of responsens. I appreciate it, keep it coming.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Burberry London
    this man has a collection of 1300+ fragrances, and he seems to recommend this one the most. with good reason too, london is a very nice one

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellagio for Men should work for you and is dirt cheap at $16 for a complete gift set including full bottles of the EdT, shower gel and aftershave balm at online sites like Amazon and elsewhere. It is a very nice fresh mildly herbal citric scent with a bit of a L'eau d'Issey pour Homme vibe, only it smells a heck of a lot better, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    this man has a collection of 1300+ fragrances, and he seems to recommend this one the most. with good reason too, london is a very nice one
    Yeah, but I've heard from many places that it has bad longevity. Is that true? I would like something that could last me a good 8 hours at least.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just tested ysl libre tonight, it lasts really long and is potent but smells really nice... It's sweet and spicy

Currently the one I'm most interested in is Bellagio For Men, if I buy it I'll just buy the fragrance only. If it's good or if it sucks and there's a better alternative, please do tell me.

EDIT: Also I've found one on my own which too seems interesting; YSL La Nuit De L'Homme. If you've used it I'd appreciate some feedback on how it is.
    Last edited by Noll; 28th December 2012 at 12:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    lol

- - - Updated - - -

Do not get Bellagio for Men. Get a nice name brand fragrance. YSL La Nuit de LHomme is a good spicy sweet frag that is great for you guys and good for all weather.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    lol

- - - Updated - - -

Do not get Bellagio for Men. Get a nice name brand fragrance. YSL La Nuit de LHomme is a good spicy sweet frag that is great for you guys and good for all weather.
    Yes! I'm leaning towards YSL La Nuit De L'Homme right now. Just read about it and watched some reviews and it seems rather perfect.

But I'll think about it, Bellagio still sounds appealing. I'm not all about "having an attractive smell to all the girls" or whatever, I just want to smell nice. I've also been thinking of Versace Eau Fraiche.
    Last edited by Noll; 28th December 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Bvlgari Black.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe slightly out of your price range but it would last you a long time: Potion by DSquared2

I wish this was easier to get here in the States.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I made up the numbers in the Lush, it's 25:43.

Re: some of the others, I personally find the Bellagio too sharp and synthetic - for freshness I prefer vetivers (like Encre Noire or Tom Ford Grey Vetiver). But they are more expensive.

cacio

25:43 is very interesting, I mean, I wouldn't like an overly masculine fragrance, since that's just not me, so 25:43 sounds great, but I'm still worried it would be too feminine, it isn't, is it?

Post Thanks / Like

No, citrus and tonka are classically masculine materials.

cacio

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Geir

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post

I actually strongly prefer Bellagio for Men to that one and find it competes just fine with many, many "nice brand name fragrances" (which btw, the Bellagio is a pretty nice 5 star hotel in Vegas).

As for buying the individual fragrance versus the gift set... The reason to buy the set is it sells for less than the individual fragrance. By itself on Amazon a 100ml bottle sells for $25, while in the set it is $16 with the extras... Even if you throw out the aftershave balm (which is very watered down admittedly) and give away the shower gel you are $9.00 better off for the same sized EdT.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Just an FYI, 1 Million is the epitome of "douchey" as far as that goes. La Nuit is not too far behind, either, although it is a pretty nice scent and definitely works with the younger girls.

Versace Eau Fraiche is good and fits the 'skinny, pale, blond hair blue eye look' quite well, but it's rather citrusy/fresh and summery. Not so fitting for a Swedish winter, I imagine.

Burberry London is kind of the opposite. Sweet, masculine, evokes autumnal colors of cigar brown, red leaves, etc, and thus would be more fitting (imo) on a darker haired person. It's a great winter scent, but doesn't do as well in the summer.

I'll think more on what the ultimate all purpose scent would be. Right now, I'm thinking Versace PH (yes, it smells a bit like AdG in the beginning, but it becomes more woody and slightly oriental in the dry down. Suitable for all occasions, too.)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like SOS I like Versace PH. I also like Ed Hardy Love & Luck. It's a reasonably priced decent approximation of Creed's Millesime Imperial.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Post Thanks / Like

Burberry london, la nuit de l'homme or angel men. A*men has amazing longevity.

All these choices.

I'll skip on Burberry London, YSL La Nuit De L'Homme and 1 Million. Currently the most interesting ones I think are Lush 25:43 and Bellagio for Men.

I'll just add my .02
    Many of these scents are plenty fine, but most are still quite common. If you want a unique signature scent, that very few others will know about or have, I suggest a small niche perfume house here in the US called Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. They are perfume oils , but all amazingly well-blended. Price-wise, they start at $17.50, and go up to $26, depending on the collection. A couple of my favorites are:
    Crowley - Leather with a touch of vanilla
    Chimera - Musky cinnamon and amber
    Bow and Crown of Conquest - More classic cologne (tonka, amber, sage, musk).
    Tarasque - Black licorice and creamy leather

It maybe a bit summery but I think Allure Homme Sport by Chanel might be up your alley (based on US prices, not sure on international pricing).

Post Thanks / Like

Mugler Cologne

Post Thanks / Like

Check these out!

Gucci Pour Homme II
    Guerlain Homme
    Rochas Man
    Dior Homme Sport
    CH Men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Just an FYI, 1 Million is the epitome of "douchey" as far as that goes.
    Oh, really pal? Females love 1 Million on a guy. But I realize that not every guy here is interested in *female* attention.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 29th December 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Based on your description of yourself and what you are looking for in a fragrance:

Prada Amber Pour Homme
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    Lanvin L'Homme

Lanvin L'Homme is the ultimate "non-offensive"/multi-puprose scent I've smelled,
    although I personally prefer the other two.

And all of these are fairly uncommon in my experience, i.e. I've never smelled them
    on another person. They're not your "run of the mill" designer fragrances.
    Another added bonus is that they are all affordable and well within your price range.
    The one drawback is that they are not "fruity." Had a hard time thinking of any fragrances
    that fit all your other criteria, and that are fruity as well.
    Last edited by cpp214; 29th December 2012 at 05:09 AM.

I really do appreciate the effort everyone's putting in for helping me find the right fragrance.

But as of know I think it'll be Lush 25:43, it seems almost like exactly what I want, as far as I've understood it's rather fruity, has excellent longevity and isn't too masculine or overwhelming. (if I were to apply it in a good way). Anyone else used Lush 25:43 here? Care to share some thoughts and opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I have 25:43 and it's a great fragrance. Very harsh in the beginning, but it settles into a really nice vanilla, lemongrass, and spicy concoction. It's very strong and lasts forever. I've had more than a few people say this smells like pumpkin pie, but they all really love the smell.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As a high school kid myself, I would recommend Very Sexy by Victoria secret. Smells great and no one has it. Also its $49. Other then that, Boss Bottled, YSL La Nuit, One Million, Burberry London, The Dreamer, Rochas Man,

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

With you budget you can buy two designer fragrances. Just pick any 2.5oz from Armani Code, YSL La Nuit, One Million or Rochas Man.