Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool What fragrances make you happy when you smell them??? What fragrances will you never get tired of?

Forget compliments! Forget universal appeal! Forget what the ladies like!

I learnt the hard way. Buying fragrances partly to please other people’s noses has just been a waste of time and money. Black XS, JOOP GO!, Givenchy PI, Body Kouros… the list goes on, have all ended up on eBay at some stage which leads me to start this thread.

What fragrances do you never get tired of? What fragrances when you smell the nozzle or yourself does it makes you smile and your eyes light up??

Don't know why but...I am always amazed when I’m at home and I random smell the atomizers of the following.

1. La Nuit De L Homme – Finally found a fragrance that I love much more then all my fragrances!

2. Pure Malt Thierry Mugler – enough said…

3. Boss bottled – All I have to say is THANKYOU Annick Menardo for making a fragrance so pleasing and well blended, if the bottle said ‘CREED’ on it there would be a big hype!

4. Dior Homme Sport –I was out wearing this the other night and I caught a whiff and I thought I need to find out what fragrance this person is wearing!!! Little did I know when I got home it was homme sport I just had never smelled the dry down! Sweet, NICE powdery lemon and ginger

5. Armani Code – smooth. My going out/ date scent.

6. Chic Carolina Herrera - One of the best scents I know. Extremely pleasing to other people too.

7. Dior homme(original)- took me months before I saw what everyone was on about. But now I must admit it is unique. It’s the only ‘sophisticated’ outing fragrance I own.

What about you? What really pleases your nose???

Default Re: What fragrances make you happy when you smell them??? What fragrances will you never get tired o

Gengis Khan
    Siecle
    Balafre

Default Re: What fragrances make you happy when you smell them??? What fragrances will you never get tired o

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Balafre
    Now you are just showing off! I'm so jealous.

Amouage Attar Homage
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Amouage Reflection

Virgin Island Water would probably top that list for me. It just makes me calm and happy, and I could literally wear it everyday (even winter) and not tire of it. The others that also make me feel this way are Mugler Cologne, Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (clear bottle), and Cool Water. (and yeah, even though I like GIT, I honestly prefer the peppermint and lavender in CW over GIT's violet leaves, which can be a bit grating after awhile).

Habit Rouge.

I second the OP's comments re Boss Bottled. A great scent which has suffered from over-exposure and being made by the archetypal house of forgettable frags.

Basenotes Plus

I never get tired of Chanel Égoïste. It makes me swoon every time I smell it.

Tonka Imperiale, Rose 31 and Penhaligons Castile always seem to put a smile on my face.

Aventus. The whole world should smell of Aventus!

Midnight In Paris, it never gets old.
    There is nothing better than getting compliments on how good you smell!

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News

A lot my scents do that...that's why I bought them.

Tops are Windsor, X for Men, L'Homme Sage, Habit Rouge EDP, Versace L'Homme, Egoiste.

I find the top notes of Hammam Bouquet sublime. The middle notes are just wonderful. The progression never lasts more than 3 hours or so, if that. But while it is playing out, it is hard not to be happy.

Knize Ten
    PdN New York
    Or Black
    Yatagan
    Bel Ami (Vintage)
    Sycomore
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Insensè

...and many others....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Most of them, some more, some less, in different ways. For example Mitsouko.

As for never tiring of them...who knows. Everything can get boring at some point.

GIT
    Amouage Homage Attar
    Egoiste
    M7
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

At the moment, mine would have to be Frapin L'Humaniste. Just wow.

Vetiver 48
    MKK
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Musc Ravageur
    LDDM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

I love Shalimar, Vetiver, Le Male, Chanel Edition Blanche -- I dont own any

Really very many.

Cuiron
    Traversee du Bosphore
    Tam Dao
    Santal Noble
    Parfum d'Habit
    34 Blvd St. Germain

for swap/sale:

Millesime Imperial
    Fahrenheit
    Tom Ford Extreme

Chanel No.5 and Mitsoiko

Noir de Noir overwhelms me with its beauty.
    Eau de New York makes me less grumpy in the mornings.
    Terre d'Hermes & Vetiver Tonka have that luxurious opening that transports me.
    Invasion Barbare just beautiful,
    Great Jones & Italian Cypress make me proud & happy to be a man.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Basenotes Plus

Opium Homme EDP
    Pure Malt
    Egoiste Concentree

Chanel Sycomore: beautiful, deep and did I mention beautiful?
    Amouage Tribute Attar: Smoky frankincense and rose just transports me to a wonderful place.
    Lutens Fumerie Turque: It took a while to warm to the tobacco and honey, but now just can't get enough.
    Givenchy Vetyver: So fresh and such a nice vetiver. I love spraying my pillow with this one.
    Musc Ravageur: Breathtakingly beautiful vanilla and musk with a little cinnamon and clove - so sexy, comfortable, and look Ma - no flowers!

Pure Oud oils: So much depth and beauty in a single oil - and yet each oil is unique! Borneo Ouds - clean, ethereal and woody with a lovely sweetness. Hindi Ouds - animalic. Maybe not to wear out, but wonderful to smell on ones self. Cambodian Ouds - sweet jammy and berry with a woody backdrop and just a hint of animal. Current fave East Kalimantan Ltd (Borneo) from Agaraura - woody vanilla. These oils really are for personal enjoyment - they can be confronting for others not familiar with them - but they make me happy as

1881/Cerruti

Banned

all my fragrances which I rotate to avoid being bored ... my special pick-me-up Fire Island by Bond No. 9 ...

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I love all my fragrance, but my favourites are mentions in my signature.

I also rotate my scents.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

YSL L'HOMME, i have crush on it.

Pure Malt
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Bois des Iles
    L'Autre
    Muscs Koublai Khan
    La Vaniglia
    Fleur de The Rose Bulgare

Banned

L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake for men and Polo Blue for Men.

Eau Sauvage
    Guerlain Vétiver
    Habit Rouge
    Héritage
    Serge Noire

....Double post ....

Fahrenheit
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Aramis
    I dont own any of these:-/

Right now, Guerlain Homme L'Eau and Dior Homme Cologne.
    Current favorite: Chanel Bois des Iles

Cool Water
    Smellin good

Amouage Homage
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

L’air du desert Marocain
    Muscs Koublai Khan
    Rose 31
    Musc Ravaguer
    Dior Homme
    Absolue Pour le soir
    No.88

Chanel Platinum Egoiste - I have not smelled another fragrance that instills the confidence this one give me. Never gets old.
    Dior Homme - classy
    Millesime Imperial - I wish it had better longevity.
    L'instant Pour Homme extreme - Classy winter night

1/ Bogart, One Man Show
    2/ Terre d'Hermes
    3/ M7
    4/ Givenchy Insense
    5/ Boucheron Pour Homme EDT

Never like forever is a very long time.

For now:
    Coromandel
    Fumerie Turque
    Ambra Aurea
    Givenchy Vetyver
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

The only one I have tried so far that does it for me every breath is L'instant Pour Homme extreme, been wearing steady for over 2 weeks and still cant get enough

Fahrenheit
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

As plain and as shallowly optimistic as it sounds, most of my scent wardrobe, including the "tested/pending/to buy"-list, they are all to me, albeit by different means, for different reasons and in different styles sources of near-limitless joy

La Nuit EDT! Reminds me of Christmas!!
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Acqua di Parma Colonia.

I love to smell and wear :
    Dirty English
    Potion

L' Instant de Guerlain Extreme, Millesime Imperial, Tactics

Mine would have to be:

Bond new haarlem

I also have been spraying some Love n Luck on before i goto bed. This scent is very calming/relaxing to me for some reason.

creed aventus for me

Oscar de la Rentas's Pour Lui - Never get tired of it! I wear it to please myself and it's a bonus when people comment on it. Same goes for Obsession for men by Calvin Klein - I wear it only for me because I love it (especially the heavy cinnamon) and in spite of the idea that I may be too young to wear this '80s scent (I'm 27).

Oh, and I agree about Joop Pure_Dreamer! I'm really not a fan!

A lot of my fragrances make me happy when I smell them (including Happy by Clinique!)

The ones I don't see myself ever getting sick of (assuming I didn't wear them too much):
    Creed Aventus
    Bond No. 9 NY Oud
    Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street
    by Kilian Straight to Heaven
    Mugler Pure Malt
    Mugler Pure Cologne
    Tom Ford for Men
    Puredistance M

But wearing anything too much would get a little tiring...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Black March by I Hate Perfume.

I do a lot of gardening, and mushroom hunting in the fall. The smell of the richest earth in Black March never fails to bring back the very best memories of both of these beloved pursuits

Creed Aventus, Millesime Imperial
    Terre d' Hermes

I wonder if it's a certain genre of fragrance that makes us feel happy?

Aventus. GIT. Dior Homme/Intense
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

I feel happy:
    M7 by YSL - love this stuff... don't know why, but it makes me happy
    Fahrenheit by Dior - my go to casual sundays fragrance. Always reminds me of the week which makes me happy.
    Cuiron by Helmut Lang - wore this all through med-school... man the cougars loved it. Puts a smile on my face every time I wear it.
    Aventus by Creed - love pineapple. It makes me think of hawaii and sun!

I feel sophisticated and don't every get tired of that:
    Creed Royal Oud - It's my go to meeting scent. It instills pure confidence.
    Tom Ford Extreme - I feel like a CEO master of the universe with this on. It smells like old money. That never gets old.

Shalimar and Jicky.

Macassar, Antaeus, Gucci Nobile, Eau de Rochas pour Homme, Jules, Boss Spirit
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by döfä91 View Post
    Macassar, Antaeus, Gucci Nobile, Eau de Rochas pour Homme, Jules, Boss Spirit

These! And the smell of $ $ $!

Burberry London.

Dior Homme Intense.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme