Code of Conduct

Default What to buy with my $100 gift card

Hey everyone, so I was wondering if I could get some advice on what fragrance to purchase with my $100 mastercard gift card. As far as I know, you can't combine it with another debit card, so I can't go over $100 (which stinks since I have several frags in mind that are over $100).

My wardrobe is up to date, but for conveniences sake, my current selection is: Creed Himalaya, GIT, Aventus, MI, Windsor, TdH (edt), Burberry London, HM by Hanae Mori, 1 million, New Haarlem, burberry brit, TV and Neroli Portofino. I have decants of a few, but that's mentioned on there as well.

Thanks!
    Last edited by OctaVariuM; 29th December 2012 at 12:50 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: What to buy with my $100 gift card

Your collection is missing the kingpin designers: Chanel, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent. I'd do some research, maybe test a few in the department stores and snag one of those. All within $100 even at a 3.3 oz bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    Your collection is missing the kingpin designers: Chanel, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent. I'd do some research, maybe test a few in the department stores and snag one of those. All within $100 even at a 3.3 oz bottle.
    Yeah, and I've been trying to rectify that, but nothing seems to interest me from the houses so far. DHI is too sweet and I don't need another gourmand, La Nuit is just bleh for me (okay, but nothing amazing), Chanel stuff outside of the exclusif line seems boring (BdC for example).

I'm not discounting them, I just need to try more I guess.

I'm pretty sure you can go over and ask for $100 to be applied to the gift card and the rest on another card. Most stores would be more than happy to do that for you.

What do you like in a fragrance?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Yeah, and I've been trying to rectify that, but nothing seems to interest me from the houses so far. DHI is too sweet and I don't need another gourmand, La Nuit is just bleh for me (okay, but nothing amazing), Chanel stuff outside of the exclusif line seems boring (BdC for example).

I'm not discounting them, I just need to try more I guess.
    I wasn't a big fan of La Nuit de L'Homme as well. Did you try L'Homme and L'Homme Libre? I was more impressed with those two than with La Nuit.

For Dior, have you tried Fahrenheit? Very unique, you will not find a fragrance like that one.

For Chanel, I understand what you mean for BdC. I liked Allure Homme Sport the best out of the three I've tried. Maybe look into Egoiste or Egoiste Platinum. That's what I'll be looking into soon.

Quote Originally Posted by iverthps View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can go over and ask for $100 to be applied to the gift card and the rest on another card. Most stores would be more than happy to do that for you.

What do you like in a fragrance?
    You can do it in store for sure, but I'm talking via the internet since that's where I have to buy all of my fragrances.

As for what I like in a fragrance, that's a tough question. I'm far more apt to buy something based on the scent than on longevity and projection, since I wear stuff for me and not anyone else. I really like having fragrances to fill a roll. Like, lately I've been looking for a citrus and for an incense fragrance since I am lacking those in my collection (largely), and once I do that I'm not sure where else I need to look. Outside of that, uniqueness is important to me. I don't like having scents that smell alike to eachother. I don't mind if they smell like something else, but not in my own collection anyway...at least for now since I'm still pretty new and without a lot of fragrances.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    You can do it in store for sure, but I'm talking via the internet since that's where I have to buy all of my fragrances.
    You still might be able to do it if you talk to a customer service rep who takes the order manually. Call or email them and ask.

Montana Graphite
    Carbone de Balmain

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    You still might be able to do it if you talk to a customer service rep who takes the order manually. Call or email them and ask.
    I'll certainly try at least. I've ordered from several sites in the past, so you'd think they'd want to be accommodating.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I've looked them all up and checked them out.

Dior Homme Sport

or

Eau des Baux

+1 for ysl l'homme and chanel pe