Code of Conduct

Thread: DHI why???

Default DHI why???

Does anyone know why DHI was discontinued right after it was reformulated in 2011?? It seems to be one of the most loved fragrances of all time, so why do you think they did away w it??
    Last edited by stinkypete; 28th December 2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Brought it to his face and it stank like a flanker -lil wayne

Default Re: DHI why???

I read somewhere that it was down to Dior not owing the rights to the formula as they contracted someone else to produce it.

But I believe this was referring to why the vintage was discontinued. Can't see them reformulating it and spending more money on advertisments then discontining a new product after such a short time.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 28th December 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Wasn't even aware that it had been discontinued. Guess I'm glad I have my bottle.

DHI has been discontinued?!
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    DHI has been discontinued?!
    Not to my knowledge.

Just brought a bottle from the boutique in NYC about three weeks ago (re-formulated).

OP may be confusing DHC and DHI.

I was told by the boutique manager at the new Chicago location that “it’s like lipstick; they get discontinued all the time”.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stinky View Post
    I was told by the boutique manager at the new Chicago location that “it’s like lipstick; they get discontinued all the time”.
    I don't get it.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

To the best of my knowledge, DHI has not been discontinued. It continues to be sold at the Dior Boutique, New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I don't get it.
    I didn't either but that was his response as to why they didn't have DHI. I guess he was trying to equate it to how different varieties/shades of lipstick come and go.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

I have also read that it's discontinued, don't remember my source, sorry. I understood it supposed to be only a limited edition at the first place.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

I'm pretty sure this is still in production. In the UK it is readily available at key retailers and no sign of any discontinuation imment.

I found out on another thread that diors website still has it if you change your location to France and prob some other countries but at least France forsure..

Again with this? Until we have conclusive evidence, please don't make threads like these. 2nd time this month a major overreaction to this beloved fragrance being gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Again with this? Until we have conclusive evidence, please don't make threads like these. 2nd time this month a major overreaction to this beloved fragrance being gone.