Code of Conduct

Default Halston Amber/Woman Amber

Well seeing as it's around Christmas I had some vouchers and the like, and so I popped off to my nearest department store. They've got two 150ml bottles of Antidote and I was thinking of grabbing one, or the new one by Bottega Venetta as it seems quite unisex.

A bit of testing later and I went home with Gucci Pour Homme and Burberry Touch, funny how these things happen. I'll go pick up the others when I get the chance. One thing I did test though, and came away fairly impressed by were the new Halston fragrances, the gold bottle ones.

The silver bottle ones were nothing special, but Halston Man Amber and Woman Amber (especially) were great. It's always tough to judge a scent in the fragrance department though. Another issue is these are rather pricey and the bottles don't feel like they belong to a pricey fragrance. The caps don't fit very well, and they're very light/flimsy, as it the bottle itself.

Though I enjoy the fragrance, I'd be looking at close to $100 a bottle, and I can't help but get the feeling these will - if not be in bargain bins - at least be far cheaper given a few months.

What does everyone else think of these fragrances? Notes for Amber Woman are top: aldehydes, red currant, mandarin middle: rose, amber, tuberose and base: oilbanum, musk, suede, sandalwood

Notes for Man Amber are top: thyme, geranium, bergamot, middle: labdanum, amber, myrhh and base: oud, cedar, musk

I find the women's one stronger, and more interesting, but the men's was pleasant enough too.

Default Re: Halston Amber/Woman Amber

Positively love Halston Amber Man. It's been around in the States for a couple years now, and I have yet to see it heavily discounted. My advice would be to snatch one up. I paid full retail and don't regret it one iota.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Thanks for the advice. Amber Man isn't too pricey, about $60 for the smaller bottle, but Amber Woman (the one I like more) is more expensive, and the bottle seems less sturdy. I may pick up Amber Man on your advice, or I'll spray some on at the shop and leave it for the day, see how I like it.

Personally don't care for the Halston Amber Man. As for Antidote, hope you get a chance to go back and pick it up. It's well worth it IMO.

I love Amber Man. I didn't try the Woman version. I'll give it a spritz next time I am at DJ's.

Dependent

Pyramid sounds great. How sweet is it?

Halston Amber Man is awesome. One of my best fragrances. Love the balmy amber, it isn't sweet and it is well blended. The Oud isn't prominent but it plays it's part and there is that fire cracker note. Just buy it!
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Large, boxed bottles of the men's version can be found on ebay right now for $41 shipped. I've enjoyed it for a couple of months now - it seems to share some DNA with John Varvatos 10th Anniversary and a little bit of Prada Amber Pour Home Intense.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Personally don't care for the Halston Amber Man. As for Antidote, hope you get a chance to go back and pick it up. It's well worth it IMO.
    It stumps me. I find it very interesting, and love the bottle but the opening is a turn-off. I do mean to get it, but now the debate is whether I grab the 75ml bottle from the DJ's website or go in store and pick up the 150ml

Neither came off sweet to my nose. Amber Man was, well, ambery but quite dark with resins and woods, the top notes fly off very quickly for me. Same with Amber woman - the top notes dissapearing - the middle and base are more animalic than the masculine version and in my opinion more sexy, but quite unisex, and it seems stronger. That said it is more costly and the bottle sizes are smaller.

Dependent

Thanks Miket.

I like Halston Amber Man. Never got a chance to try the womens. But the mens seems to keep me happy. I think others have pretty much covered how it feels. Ambery, balmy, a firecracker-like note. Its quite nice. Wears closer to the skin for me, but when something smells good, I don't care ( as long as it doesn't totally disappear).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Not too much for me and I detest most amber-dominant fragrances for their unalloyed sweetness.