Code of Conduct

Default D&G The One for Men at 15 for 100ml...

...it isn't going to happen really, but you can get bloody close with Iconic by Marks & Spencer!

This stuff is almost an exact clone of The One for men, and quite a good quality one at that - perhaps slightly less refined and a little more linear, but the warm, sweet gourmand accord of vanilla and tobacco is unmistakable. Even the bottle is reminiscent of it's designer counterpart!

This smells great and at only 15 for 100ml it will be appearing in my collection very soon!

Anyone else tried this or any of M&S's other fragrances? Are they perhaps all clones?

Default Re: D&G The One for Men at 15 for 100ml...

Do they have these on display in stores to try? Having a quick browse and it does appear to be some imitation going on.

Blue de Chanel?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Autog...qid=1356807063

David Beckham Instinct?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Homme...elated-items-3

Diesel Zero Plus?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Fuse-...qid=1356807063

Polo Green?
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/Woods...elated-items-3

Similar looking bottles and similar notes too.

Would be intrigued to hear from anyone who has tried them?

They do indeed! I've got a wristful of Iconic now after passing through their store in York. I sniffed another that reminded me of 1 Million but I can't remember which it was now...

Hmmm, I'm wondering if Iconic can actually improve on The One in terms of longevity (I'll know in an hour or two) and sillage (I'd know now except I have Paul Smith Man on the other wrist and that's all I can smell!).

Ah brilliant. I'll have a browse in store next week and report back.

Keep us posted on Iconic. Currently have half a bottle of The One and while it smells great, I always have to be wary of the fact it won't last long thus it rarely gets a chance on nights out / evening meals etc although it would be perfect in these settings. So if Iconic is longer lasting, at that price, it's a no brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    If 15 is the price, and not the minutes of longevity, it might be quite alright.
    Ouch!

Popped back in today and discovered that Homme from the same line is in fact an EXACT replica of 1 Million! Also priced at 15 for 100ml or 6 for 30ml EDT. Pass it on!

CologneFan85

The One gentleman on me is a projection beast!

For many years I have heard accusations that M&S have 'copied' designer brands- I suspect their new lines are probably, shall we say, 'inspired', by mainstream favourites

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    The One gentleman on me is a projection beast!
    My condolences TOG was a frag I tried and tried to like, but could never ever do it.

The dry down of The One is wonderful and if you don't need a nose magnifier with the M&S version I might buy it
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    My condolences TOG was a frag I tried and tried to like, but could never ever do it.

The dry down of The One is wonderful and if you don't need a nose magnifier with the M&S version I might buy it
    I'm having a slight battle with TOG too after buying it semi-blind, although I think I've just about made my peace with it now.

As for the M&S stuff, I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed!

I popped in today to try it out and it is pretty much exactly the same as The One.

Currently have a bottle of The One however it's less than a half full so going to pick up this stuff and use it as an everyday no-brainer scent.

Quote Originally Posted by P77 View Post
    I popped in today to try it out and it is pretty much exactly the same as The One.

Currently have a bottle of The One however it's less than a half full so going to pick up this stuff and use it as an everyday no-brainer scent.
    Good move! Glad to hear it's not just my nose that thinks they're identical. Perhaps you could do a side by side comparison for us and report back with your thoughts?

Did you happen to try the 1 Million clone too? That one is called Homme I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    Good move! Glad to hear it's not just my nose that thinks they're identical. Perhaps you could do a side by side comparison for us and report back with your thoughts?

Did you happen to try the 1 Million clone too? That one is called Homme I believe.
    Will do!

Although the M&S I use is very big and has a large women's Beauty department, for the men's fragrance there was literally half a shelf with around three perfumes out of there whole collection on display. I was in a rush so I didn't really look at the other two and can't remember what they were but I'm going again on the weekend so will definitely have a try if Homme is there and report back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by P77 View Post
    Will do!

Although the M&S I use is very big and has a large women's Beauty department, for the men's fragrance there was literally half a shelf with around three perfumes out of there whole collection on display. I was in a rush so I didn't really look at the other two and can't remember what they were but I'm going again on the weekend so will definitely have a try if Homme is there and report back.
    - - - Updated - - -

Picked up Iconic today and while there checked out Homme and totally agree, it is a complete 1 million clone. Even the bottle is gold. It is actually a very good copy, if I cared for 1 Million I would have got that as well but I'm not a fan.

The Autograph Intense smells a lot like Dior Fahrenheit, has the same earthy note.

Tried the Lyn Harris selection out but nothing really stood out apart from a feminine one which was very nice.
    Last edited by P77; 6th January 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Aaah, I'd not immediately made the link between Autograph Intense and Fahrenheit! I need to revisit M&S in that case. I love Fahrenheit and don't currently own it. Funds are short so that might just be the next best thing! Cheers.

Can anyone give an update on the longevity of iconic please?

Hmmmm interesting stuff guys. I must investigate!!

- - - Updated - - -

I went into M & S today and OMG 'Homme' = 1 Million clone (it is actually more like 1 Million Absolue Gold imo) Not sure about Iconic and D & G The One, coz I'm not familiar enough with 'The One' to make the judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Can anyone give an update on the longevity of iconic please?
    Not bad at all for a cheapy! I got a full days worth of moderate projection from just a few sprays. Quite possibly better than the real thing in that respect (although that's not difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Hmmmm interesting stuff guys. I must investigate!!

- - - Updated - - -

I went into M & S today and OMG 'Homme' = 1 Million clone (it is actually more like 1 Million Absolue Gold imo) Not sure about Iconic and D & G The One, coz I'm not familiar enough with 'The One' to make the judgment.
    Trust us - I've worn both numerous times and it's almost completely identical. Very nice fragrance it is too!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    Not bad at all for a cheapy! I got a full days worth of moderate projection from just a few sprays. Quite possibly better than the real thing in that respect (although that's not difficult).

Trust us - I've worn both numerous times and it's almost completely identical. Very nice fragrance it is too!
    Agreed, it is very nice. The 'Homme' comparison to '1 Million' is bordering on theft :-)

oh no my secret shame :P came across these about 6 months ago, yes Homme is a dead ringer for 1 million but half the world is still wearing that at the moment Keep your eyes peeled in Next and M&S theyre such good value for the money.
    Definition by next is similar to La nuit de l'homme, and signature gold is almost Black XS, also 1 sware of the Eau de Parfum range smells like VR antidote.

I tried 'Autograph' in M & S today, it doesn't remind me of anything, but it is exceptional imo. Really great scent!

Being a big fan of D&G The One for Men I got my self a bottle of Iconic today and WOW! very impressed . Thank you for letting me know about the M&S stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Being a big fan of D&G The One for Men I got my self a bottle of Iconic today and WOW! very impressed . Thank you for letting me know about the M&S stuff
    Glad to have helped! And Dailey, you're absolutely right - I've not sniffed one I didn't like in M&S yet!

I would be interested in trying it. I like The One but found that it has zero longevity on my skin and I'm not really into reapplying every 2 hours unless the scent is good and I paid little to nothing for it.