Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Estee Lauder Azuree and Gres Cabochard- Does anyone find them somewhat similar?

I have Cabochard EDT from the 80's and just got Azuree EDP for Christmas and they smell awfully similar to me. They share the some of the same notes, but Azuree EDP last longer obviously. Does any one else agree they are somewhat similar?
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Default Re: Estee Lauder Azuree and Gres Cabochard- Does anyone find them somewhat similar?

Indeed, Cabochard, Aramis, Azuree. All three composed by Bernard Chant, who obviously used the same base and structure. I find Aramis sparer and more musky, Azuree more citric up top, and Cabochard more smooth and ambery. Now that Cabochard has been ruined, we'll have to do with the still excellent Azuree.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Estee Lauder Azuree and Gres Cabochard- Does anyone find them somewhat similar?

Cacio, I love the Azuree! It is one of those few frags that will actually stay on my skin for 8-10 hrs. So far, only Mitsouko and maybe L'Heure Bleue could do that. Plus I love a scent with a floral/leather scent. Thanks for sharing your information about the three frags. I had no Idea one man was behind them all.

Many leathers are very persistent on me. If you have not smelled it yet, you should then try also Knize Ten, which is also floral/leathery. And Cuir de Russie, though the edt is not as long lasting (but the parfum is).

cacio

I have some vintage Aramis, and it's a ringer for vintage Cabochard. It does not cost much on Ebay. Modern Aramis is still fine at the counter too, the last time I smelled it, probably three years ago.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rednails View Post
    I have some vintage Aramis, and it's a ringer for vintage Cabochard. It does not cost much on Ebay. Modern Aramis is still fine at the counter too, the last time I smelled it, probably three years ago.
    That's interesting! Thanks rednails!