Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Smile What did you get for Christmas?

I got some clothes, a new wireless router, scented candles, L'Heure Bleue, Estee Lauder's Azuree, and the love of my family!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Default Re: What did you get for Christmas?

I got Escada Magnatism (total suprise wasn't on my list/debating exchanging) from Grams, a full size bottle of Salvatore Feragammo and Gucci Rush from my parents,and the edt,lotion and body mist to BBW Cashmere Glow from my brother .Also a body mist and lotion from VS -Endless Love (from a coworker secret santa exchange).
    Other gifts were edible,or spendable,and two necklaces.
    Fragrance Omnivore

100mls PG Tonkamamde to replace my lost bottle.
    Cashmere scarf
    Money
    Long shoe horn (I have arthritis)
    2 Indian spice boxes
    Bracelet
    Huge decorative bottle of chilli oil
    Champagne
    Wild Rose hand cream
    Bottle of home made raspberry vodka

Best of all? My wonderful sons home for Christmas

No perfume gifts this year but my youngest son bought me
    a voucher to attend a day course in creating my own scent.
    I shall report back on how that goes in the future.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Among other niceties Donna Karen Fuel for Men 100ml, a Ralph Loren Polo long-sleeve shirt, white with small black-lined checking, a 1.75 liter bottle of Glenlivet 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

The Malle coffret from my DH! Otherwise, little stocking stuffer gifts, a book, and such. Oh, and a sweet niece was staying in a hotel recently, that supplied La Labo Rose 31 toiletries, so she collected a bunch of those for me -- cute!

Basenotes Plus

My favorite gift was having my whole family home for Christmas, even if we had to have it a couple days early. Also got a Kindle Fire HD, Parfum MDCI discovery set, Downton Abbey season 2, candles, picture frames, Christmas tree ornament, 2 cool crossword puzzle books and chocolates.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

My gift was having my family with me for the holidays. All of us declared "no gifts" except for the kids, but I still got terrific coffee beans, some chocolates, and a pair of pjs. It was a wonderful Christmas.

I never get perfume gifts, my friends know better.

I get money, gift voucher and a bottle of champagne plus 3 bottles of wine.

I did buy with the said money and gift voucher.

Estee Lauder Private Collection set
    Prada Candy gift set
    Diptyque Virgilio
    Armani makeup
    Kevyn Aucion makeup
    Laura Mercier makeup
    scented candles
    haircare gift set Bumble and Bumbe
    Philosophy bath/shower/shampoo plus matching body lotion
    Eve Lom Collection

All in the sales, which I always wait for on Boxing Day.
    DONNA

Lovely posts, all of these!

I did get some smellies this year, Mr. PL is a pretty fearless perfume gift giver. He deserves extra praise this year for a Chanel gift box filled with some excellent choices: Coromandel, a big bottle of made in France No.5 EDT and a No.5 Sheer Moisture Mist (which I am addicted to!). He also gave me some very pretty diamond earrings; nothing too flashy, they are more sweet and delicate. And PJ's, which I love to receive at Christmas. He got me too much and we were both plenty spoiled otherwise, too. We both agreed the best gift came from my brother and s-i-l, a multi-picture frame filled with photos of ourselves with our adored 3 year old niece. Almost made me cry! And my brother's wife, who arranged the pics, has quite the stylish eye; it really turned out great-looking.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Seven samples of my choice.

Portrait of a Lady, which I like, similar to Briar Rose but Briar is less expensive. Of the two, I prefer Briar Rose.
    Ambre Extreme by L'artisan has a very, very bad note in there to me, like a strong poop note then gets better as the dries down. But horrible poopy note!
    Amber Oud by Kilian, not bad really! Could go for a little less bay in there though.
    Noir Epices, something in there makes me sneeze, musky? Plus orange-y rose, not sure if I like orange-y rose, pass. Was expecting more spice..all I get is orange-y rose and a bit of pepper. A rose dipped in peppered orange juice or rinds..not diggin it.
    L'eau de Ambre L'artisan, a no good green note, must be the geranium, don't think I like geranium. That green, blech.
    Ambre Precieux by MPG. Kind of reminds me of Must De Cartier for women, which I like but there is something about this I don't care for, some kind of greenness to it or something/smells antiseptic-y. Don't think I'd wear it.
    Voleur de Roses L Artisan, a branch-y, woody patch and rose. A bit too much patch in there for me though and I don't like strong patch notes on my hubs either. The rose note is alright after that patch subsides a bit. I don't like that much patch in my scents though, at least that kind of patch? I do like some, just not that much, probably wouldn't wear. For a dark rose, I much prefer something like Noir De Noir by Tom Ford.

2 out of 7 I may wear, lol
    Last edited by kalli; 1st January 2013 at 06:30 AM.

Blog Entries

We don't do Christmas gifts...we "give" ourselves a set $ amount to be used whenever we want, for whatever we want, throughout the year.
    And I buy some chocolate for all of us. Lindt, Nutella, that sort of thing.

Angel by Thierry Mugler!
    My special perfume!

In addition to wonderful time with my family in small-town Nebraska and with my BF's family in SoCial, I received a leather sleeve for my MacBook from Saddleback Leather Co. (I *love* their stuff), 3 bowls and a pie plate from Bennington Pottery, a bottle of Slumberhouse Baque and the sample suite, and, from the BF, a beautiful silk scarf printed with Van Gogh's "Irises" and a bottle of Bulleit Rye Whiskey (for my rye Manhattans). I may be getting myself a bottle of Mazzolari Lei. :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone.

Jicky EdP and a bottle of Green Chartreuse.
    The Jicky is much weaker than the bottle I bought 5 years ago. The initial blast that seared your nose is gone. I'll have to keep the dregs in my old bottle for special occasions. Shame.
    Fortunately the Green Chartreuse is just the same as it was when I first tried it almost 40 years ago.

A friend gave me a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label... I don't drink whiskey though. Fragrance-wise, my husband gave me a bottle of Iris Ganache and my daugther got me perfume sample sets. I also received books, bottles of champagne, gift cards, etc.
    Do happy

Basenotes Plus

Cartier IV L'Heure Fougueuse from the missus.

I got a jumper (sweater) and polo-shirt both in identical shade of burgundy + set of 3 jazz music CDs

Heaven in a bottle - a pristine pure parfum Le Dix. The first perfume I have had since my youth which has that ability to radiate from the skin and surround me in an aura of heavenly perfume, almost like having a halo of fragrance.

I remembered my Chanel 5 pure parfum of the 70s being able to do this, but nothing I have acquired or tried since has managed it. Le Dix does.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    Heaven in a bottle - a pristine pure parfum Le Dix. The first perfume I have had since my youth which has that ability to radiate from the skin and surround me in an aura of heavenly perfume, almost like having a halo of fragrance.

I remembered my Chanel 5 pure parfum of the 70s being able to do this, but nothing I have acquired or tried since has managed it. Le Dix does.
    Nice Frag, Le Dix! Enjoy
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Le Dix, I will have to sniff that at some point. Enjoy!

Perfume-wise some Petite Robe Noire extrait and a bottle of L by Lolita Lempicka. Other gifts included some books, chocs, jewellery, clothes and Jaws on blu-ray.

No gifts of perfume ... but some gift cards and Christmas cash will be used to remedy that (as soon as I can decide which FB to purchase!) I received some cool Jayhawk stuff: jayhawk rain boots and a hat, a Dooney purse, a royal blue infinity scarf, tech gloves (so that I can use my iPhone with gloves!), book, and chocolates.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Bought my wife Chanel mademoiselle and daughter Jimmy Choo.

No one dares buy me fragrance except my niece... she's fearless and loves perfume (she's an Alien, Womanity girl).

She surprised me and got me a gift certificate for Love Potion... yes, pheromones!

I guess I'll be checking a few out.

Basenotes Plus

My husband surprised me with a beautiful pair of diamond cluster stud earrings. I also received a pair of Uggs slippers, a gorgeous pink and gold toiletries case filled with orange blossom/frangipani scented hand cream, body lotion, shower gel, soap, and a votive candle, and a great pair of caramel-colored ankle boots. In addition, I got some Christmas money which I think I'll put towards a purchase of Vol de Nuit.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I didn't get anything
    I guess it's ok. We're not Christians looool.

for swap/sale:

The Musc Ravageur fairies dropped off a big bottle of my beloved...
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I didn't get anything
    I guess it's ok. We're not Christians looool.
    LOL. Alhamdulillah we are not

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    No perfume gifts this year but my youngest son bought me
    a voucher to attend a day course in creating my own scent.
    I shall report back on how that goes in the future.
    What a thoughtful gift. WIth many of us being so invested and particular about our fragrances, our family will not dare try to buy us for fear we will hate it or think it's crappy. So I imagine that even the thought of finding a fragrance for us is intimidating as heck. What you son did was truly thoughtful and special. I hope you get a lot out of the class!