Code of Conduct

Default Borneo 1834 pulled

Was in Barney's last weekend and asked if they had Borneo 1834 to sample. They told me it was pulled by SL for reasons they did not know.

I'm not one who likes to spread rumors on here...so maybe it's just because of a bottle change or something. I don't want to suggest I have inside info that they are no longer making it or anything else like that. Just passing on info I heard.

Default Re: Borneo 1834 pulled

if that rumor is true, then they prob pull Borneo 1834 off and add it to their exclusive line in Paris, like how they did to Fumerie Turque a while back
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Usually a money thing (not the consumer's money, the company's money).

It just emphasizes the point that if you like something and can afford it, buy it. Or as Luca Turin writes in the introduction to his perfume guide: "And if you love something, buy two bottles, because next time the thing may be changed or gone."

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    if that rumor is true, then they prob pull Borneo 1834 off and add it to their exclusive line in Paris, like how they did to Fumerie Turque a while back
    That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roper-Hall View Post
    It just emphasizes the point that if you like something and can afford it, buy it. Or as Luca Turin writes in the introduction to his perfume guide: "And if you love something, buy two bottles, because next time the thing may be changed or gone."
    I know! I have this urge, and would act on it if I had enough money, to create an "Ark of the Arts" a la the place in the movie Children of Men but just for perfumes.

But I would not share.

Basenotes Plus

Still showing available on SL's US site. Luckyscent still shows as available.

Quote Originally Posted by Roper-Hall View Post
    My first thought, too.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

This was the Barney's in Chicago FWIW.

Two things:

First, I think SL moves a couple of fragrances around each year. Some go back to the exclusive collection, some exclusives go to the export collection. That may be what's going on.

Second, SAs in all kinds of shops have this annoying habit of telling people that a perfume has been discontinued just because that particular shop no longer carries it. It's happened to me at least half a dozen times and it's always been wrong.

As someone else mentioned, Borneo 1834 is still happily available in the export line on SL's website. That's probably the only proof you need.

Shop talk!

I went to a shop and asked for a creed bottle 30ml. They said that doesn't exist! 75ml is the minimum ;-) if a shop doesn't carry it. It doesn't exist :-D

gone from the shops!
    ....why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat....

As far as I know, Bornéo was released worldwide in 2008 as an exclusive for that year. I bought the very last bottle a couple of years later, but afterwards didn't see it any more around. I guess it all depends on the supply a shop had at the beginning...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Bah! Everything at Barney's Chicago is always discontinued!