Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Should I blind buy Pure Malt as a High School kid?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 45.45%
  • No

    12 54.55%
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    Hi guys. So I currently have the opportunity to purchase Pure Malt for $100 from craigslist. However, unlike other fragrances I buy from craigslist I have never smelt pure malt but that isn't the issue for me. The issue is that I'm a high school kid (senior going to college in Austin) and wanted to know if it is worth dropping $100 on pure malt and if you guys think I will like it and wear it without trying it. I currently have Angel men and don't really wear it because most people get annoyed when I use it (1 spray) however I don't mind the smell and think it is decent. Also I wanted your guys opinion on whether or not I could use half and sell it years down the road for a reasonable price or if I open it and try a spray but do not like it. Also I was reading in a another post that this would not be good for a "Muslim setting" lol. I wanted to know if the whiskey note is that pronounced and obvious. Thanks for everyone's help and opinion.

    UPDATE
    I ended up smelling it and buying it. The one I smelled was already open (I love it) so my box is still completely sealed. I'm still reluctant on using it because of the price and the fact that I already have too many colognes for someone my age. What should I do?
    Last edited by 102; 31st December 2012 at 01:29 AM.

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    77,245

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    Hard to know for sure how you'll react, but I personally think it's worth the purchase.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    Quote Originally Posted by 102 View Post
    Hi guys. So I currently have the opportunity to purchase Pure Malt for $100 from craigslist. However, unlike other fragrances I buy from craigslist I have never smelt pure malt but that isn't the issue for me. The issue is that I'm a high school kid (senior going to college in Austin) and wanted to know if it is worth dropping $100 on pure malt and if you guys think I will like it and wear it without trying it. I currently have Angel men and don't really wear it because most people get annoyed when I use it (1 spray) however I don't mind the smell and think it is decent. Also I wanted your guys opinion on whether or not I could use half and sell it years down the road for a reasonable price or if I open it and try a spray but do not like it. Also I was reading in a another post that this would not be good for a "Muslim setting" lol. I wanted to know if the whiskey note is that pronounced and obvious. Thanks for everyone's help and opinion.
    Buy it directly from Thierry Mugler for $88 shipped - http://www.muglerstoreusa.com/A*Men-....html?start=13
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Chanel Egoiste Platinum, Creed Green Irish Tweed, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

  4. #4

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    If you don't wear Angel Men as is, Pure Malt isn't different enough to change your mind. It's a more sophisticated execution of Angel Men, but most of those friends who are irritated by it won't be able to appreciate the difference. So only spend the $100 if you would be happy if something that smelled virtually identical to Angel Men showed up.

    Now, if you loved A*Men and went through bottles of the stuff (as I have), that would be a different story. Then I would definitely recommend you pick up a bottle, if for no other reason than to experience something you already love with a slightly different shading...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    I wouldn't if u never smelled it. I was going to blind buy Amen but I am so glad I didn't. I hated the opening. Always try. Bc people hype things up so much.

  6. #6
    Dependent mesaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Buy it directly from Thierry Mugler for $88 shipped - http://www.muglerstoreusa.com/A*Men-....html?start=13
    Absolutely. $100 for Pure Malt would have been a steal a year ago, but it's abundant now and there is no need to pay that much for a bottle.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    My vote went to blind buying, but not for that price. You can probably find it much cheaper. I find it quite strong still, so be easy on it.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    If you MUST blind buy (which I don't ever recommend), blind buy Pure Havane instead directly through the company's website for $88.00.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    If you are reluctant to use it, then you don't love it that much.

    Take it back or sell of enough of your current collection to offset the cost. If it just sits in a box because you are afraid to use it because of the cost, then you have wasted your money. Fragrance is meant to be enjoyed.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    Open it and use it.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Should I blind buy Pure Malt?

    Quote Originally Posted by LA2000 View Post
    If you are reluctant to use it, then you don't love it that much.

    Take it back or sell of enough of your current collection to offset the cost. If it just sits in a box because you are afraid to use it because of the cost, then you have wasted your money. Fragrance is meant to be enjoyed.
    This is exactly what ran through my mind. I've already began to post my fragrances for sale. Thanks for replying.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 4th June 2012, 11:51 AM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2nd February 2012, 03:54 AM
  3. Blind buy 1. Pure malt. 2. Serge lutens FuMerie turque vs. Chergui?
    By sshak13 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 29th April 2011, 01:35 PM
  4. Am I ok to blind buy pure malt if...
    By QWERTYOP in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 13th February 2011, 11:56 PM
  5. Terre D’Hermes, Pure Malt, 1 Mill- Safe blind buys?
    By jshin100 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12th January 2011, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •