Code of Conduct

Default Review: Bond Musk, AF Woods

Bond Musk

No need to get fancy in the description. It starts out with lovely green notes that seem promising, but very quickly dissipates to Bond's Amber notes of Rose and oud. Such a let down and disappointment for this house. I mean, rose and oud for a musk scent? 100ml sells for $175. If you like amber, get this because its cheaper and essentially the same fragrance.

AF Woods

The store I visited had a stock pile of it and it was on sale. Its the same fragrance that I remember except for the fresh citrus that they've added to the top notes. I really like this but alas its so inferior to other woods fragrances that I have, namely Molecule 01, that I enjoy more. Is this really being discontinued?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Review: Bond Musk, AF Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    100ml sells for $175.
    Where at? I saw it at Nordstroms last week, but the 100ml bottle was going for like something over $350.

I loved AF Woods, but never find it around anymore.
    The longevity of woods always sucked for me, but I still loved that fragrance.

I was just asking about Woods in a recent thread. Sounds like it was the reform/re-release you found? How do you think it compares to the vintage in overall smell/longevity? I'm really thinking about picking up a bottle of the reform, but scared they may have butchered it. Also, you mentioned you have some others you like more that are similar. If you don't mind me asking, which ones do you find similar/like better? Thanks!

I bought a bottle of Woods from the A&F website for $37 shipped. It smells very soapy and like an old school powerhouse like Drakkar Noir. I put it on the other day and could smell it on my wrist the next day 16 hours later.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    I was just asking about Woods in a recent thread. Sounds like it was the reform/re-release you found? How do you think it compares to the vintage in overall smell/longevity? I'm really thinking about picking up a bottle of the reform, but scared they may have butchered it. Also, you mentioned you have some others you like more that are similar. If you don't mind me asking, which ones do you find similar/like better? Thanks!
    I like it better than the vintage. The citrus tempers it and longevity seems to be the same. I love it but not sure if I'd wear it over some others. I'm debating. AF did not have the 1892 line in..
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Personally never found AF Woods to be an interesting scent.

Thanks Scentologist! Appreciate your thoughts on it. I think I'll end up trying to find a bottle soon. Hednic's right, it's not necessarily that interesting or anything special, but I used to really like it back in the day & would just like a small bottle to give it the ocassional whiff & reminisce.