Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: If you can have only 1 full bottle of Amouage, which one of thes would you buy ?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ciel Man

2 1.92%
  • Ciel Woman

0 0%
  • Dia Man

5 4.81%
  • Dia Woman

2 1.92%
  • Epic Man

11 10.58%
  • Epic Woman

1 0.96%
  • Gold Man

5 4.81%
  • Gold Woman

0 0%
  • Honour Man

2 1.92%
  • Honour Woman

0 0%
  • Jubilation 25

5 4.81%
  • Jubilation XXV

28 26.92%
  • Lyric Man

5 4.81%
  • Lyric Woman

0 0%
  • Memoir Man

16 15.38%
  • Memoir Woman

0 0%
  • Reflection Man

10 9.62%
  • Reflection Woman

0 0%
  • The other scent, please specify

6 5.77%
  • Non of them is full bottle worthy, get decant or split

6 5.77%
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Default If you can have only 1 full bottle of Amouage, which one of thes would you buy ?

I know someone who is going to have a flight connect at Dubai Airport so I am consider asking him to buy a bottle of Amouage from Dubai Duty-Free Shop.

The attars are too expensive for me.

If you can have only 1 full bottle of Amouage, which one of thes would you buy ?

I already have decants of these 3 scents:
    - Jubilation XXV
    - Epic Man
    - Lyric Man

Jubilation XXV is so beautiful, my favorite of the 3 decants I have, but it is getting tamer at the dry down.

Epic Man is so opulent that it is harder to wear here. It is my power scent.

Lyric Man is so rosy, that I need to find the right mood to wear it. It is my social event scent, so charming.

But Memoir Man has all the notes and prosibly project dark and mysterious aura that I love, but it is going to be a blind buy for expensive perfume. It is my most curious to try scent.

Which one of these you think it is the full bottle worthy ?

Ps. By the way, Jubilation is no longer listed in the price list at Dubai Duty Free.
    http://www.dubaidutyfree.com/content...gs%20DEC12.pdf
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 31st December 2012 at 03:34 AM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Default Re: If you can have only 1 full bottle of Amouage, which one of thes would you buy ?

Memoir Man

Default Re: If you can have only 1 full bottle of Amouage, which one of thes would you buy ?

Jubilation XXV is just absolutely stunning to me, its rare for me to just smell something from a sample and immediately think I have to own it. Usually I'll give something multiple wearings, but I fell hard for XXV and thankfully a fellow basenoter had a bottle for sale that I snatched right up.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Anyone and only if it were gifted to me as I personally wouldn't buy any.

Jubilation XXV is beautiful in just about every way, and probably my favourite fragrance overall. It's without a doubt my choice (and the only Amouage I own at the moment). Memoir, Epic and Lyric are all very good as well, and I think they are bottle worthy. I would also add Honour Man to the list, the pepper, cedar and frankincense are perfectly blended.

I'm a Lyric Man man.

Epic Man.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Imo xxv.

Epic man or nothing.

I voted Gold man, but then I read that you think Epic so opulent - and Gold is *more* opulent. So perhaps that won't do. Besides, it's not listed in the file you linked. Still, if you are going for Amouage, you should go for opulence, that's what they did best - so if you like Epic, you can go with that.

Memoir man is also a great choice if you like herbal, anisic notes. It is a nice woody incense overlaid with an anisic scent. Particularly dark it is not, but it is not fresh either. I also like Interlude, tobacco, incense wood, but clean, not a heavy masculine; some people find it confusing, though.

cacio

After sampling/wearing majority of Amouage men line, I felt quite underwhelm. Aside from Lyric Man which you've already had, I think non of them while is nice (not great) is worth the price. You can do better elsewhere

I really like Memoir Man, but it's hard to say I'd buy it at such a steep price. There are just better incense frags out there that the pepper and wormwood don't make it stand out. However, it does last FOREVER on my skin (more than 24 hours).

Based on limited testing of the line, I would pick Memoir Man. It's a striking balance of incense and herbal/green notes. Jublilation XXV is also good, as is Lyric Man.

Jubilation XXV is the best by a mile. However, Lyric Man, Epic Man, and Memoir Man are certainly worth owning IMO.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Memoir Man
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

I would be inclined to recommend Memoir Man because it's popular with a lot of guys here and it's considerably more interesting than Epic Man which, although popular, is a bit of a one trick pony (Epic Woman is far more interesting and just as 'robust' IMO).

If it were me probably Ubar - after working my way thru the whole line and owning several this one seems to have held my attention for some reason . . . and Gold Man is terrific but seems to work best for grown-ups who aren't timid about wearing fragrance.

Hard choice between Reflection and Epic.

Reflection: The ultimate Gigolo/womaniser scent, always attracts a ridiculous amount of neck sniffing and positive comments from the ladies.

Epic: The best high quality Masculine power scent ever created. The smell of money and success.

Ubar is the only one I own and its the vintage version.
    DONNA

Guerlainista

JXXV was the first one I bought, so I suggested that one. It was a tough choice between it and J25. I think XXV is more versatile, and you like it already. Buy what you know you like. At these prices don't take a chance on something you may not like.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Ubar[. Like a long lost beauty brought to life in the present. Magnificent.

- - - Updated - - -

Ubar. Like a long lost beauty brought to life in the present. Magnificent.

Ubar is amazing and little talked about like all the best fragrances. Leans to the feminine side but the best Oriental i've ever smelled.

Blog Entries

Not to be the odd man out, but you didn't list any of the OPUS line. I LOVE Opus VI, I think it smells mysterious, like some ancient pyramid of a pharaoh
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Ubar is very nice but it might be too much in the Thai heat. I would definitely recommend Memoir Man if the OP is not convinced about JXXV's drydown (as neither am I, by the way). Memoir Man is regal but versatile, distinctive and not too heavy.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Opus vi

- - - Updated - - -

Followed by Opus iv and Interlude

I'm really liking my sample of the new one: Interlude.

I voted for Epic. It is my only Amouage which I got recently and wore during the festive period. It is truly epic in every sense. The frankincense in it and the other exotic notes like sandalwood and myrrh to name but a few make it a must buy for me. I seriously can't think of a better one to select here.

For me it's XXV and Memoir Man. I usually use XXV during the day and Memoir at night. There should be a balance of light and dark, it's just the way I perceive things.
    The butterfly
    perfuming its wings
    fans the orchid

--Basho

I love both Memoir Man and Jubilation XXV equally. I voted Memoir for its uniqueness.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Jubilation XXV is the best by a mile. However, Lyric Man, Epic Man, and Memoir Man are certainly worth owning IMO.
    Agreed. It is the only one that I have purchased a decant of and will be purchasing a full bottle. Memoir Man is also very good but I would not go so far as to purchase a bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Agreed. It is the only one that I have purchased a decant of and will be purchasing a full bottle. Memoir Man is also very good but I would not go so far as to purchase a bottle.

I have not sampled them all but an Amouage is in my future for 2013. I was ready to buy one when in SF a few months ago and leaned toward Jubilation XXV but did not buy it because the shop owner scoffed at it. His opinion was that Gold was the best of the line. I need to sample more before I decide and will be watching this thread closely.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Basenotes Plus

Epic Woman followed closely by Dia Man.

I voted Jubilation 25 but it would be a tie between this, Memoir Man, Epic Woman and Jubilation XXV.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Why So Serious?

Most Amouage would be quite heavy in your weather conditions. Memoir Man is surprsingly subtle but long lasting, might do very well.

Reflection might suit the climate, but it's the least interesting Amouage in my opinion.

Thus based on all factors i'm recommending Honour Man, probably the most underrated Amouage, it has a fresh quality about it but with a strong presence of pepper, it's a very uplifting fragrance suitable for all weather conditions. It lasts as well as most Amouage, it doesn't project like a missile but you'll get noticed. I often wear this one in warmer weather and in the office, it's a big hit.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Byerley
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Epic Woman followed by Lyric Man.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I voted for XXV, but I really don't think any of them are worth the price they are asking for them. If some kind person were insisting on buying one, however, it would be an easy choice.

Too rich for my blood. I just recently sold off my Jubilation XXV because it isn't the easiest to wear but it was definitely the best Amouage IMO.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Probably Ubar.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by teepeeasel View Post
    For me it's XXV and Memoir Man. I usually use XXV during the day and Memoir at night. There should be a balance of light and dark, it's just the way I perceive things.
    I agree
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Reflection Man

Jubilation XXV or Lyric Man.

Memoir Man - Complex and interesting and takes you on a journey, would have said Jubilation but the blackberry note gets annoying after three/four hours for me.

In the heat I would go for Memoir Man and then Lyric Man for the evenings