Code of Conduct

Default SOTD, Monday, 31st December 2012, New Year's Eve

Good morning, all.

Today looks to be another busy day. Will be meeting up with friends in the evening to welcome 2013.

SOTD is Tabac Blond extrait.

Wishing you all a happy New Year's Eve!

Alfred Cheney Johnston, Cigarette ad, 1933.jpg
    Do happy

Default Re: SOTD, Monday, 31st December 2012, New Year's Eve

Sportissimo by Galimard

Hello all. JHAG Calamity J.
    DONNA

Good morning, perfumed friends!
    Now, this is it for 2012. In fragrant retrospect I can say it was a Guerlain year for me. Through and through! January brought Sous le Vent into my life, Vega in April while in Paris. Both have joined the cave hoarding league chez Larimar. I also intensified my love with Jicky considerably, equally split now between the EdP (more in warmer climate) and the Extrait (in the cold), which in the end joined the heights of Tabac Blond in my perfume love. I remember a clear bout of Caronista-hood in late summer, when I finally decided to get Acaciosa, which is not likely to be produced ever again. Other houses I focused on were Serge Lutens and Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier.
    Today I am wearing Boxeuses, which I have grown fonder of recently, but its low sillage still leaves me unclear whether to get it again. I revsited some wax samples yesterday and must say I was smitten by Douce Amere. I had marked this as 'not like' in my brain, but definitely wonder whether I had ever sniffed it. Anyway, I think I'll need this in my life... something addictive going on there. Plan to play around with the wax samples of the Bois series during the day. I will see the new year in wonderfully preserved 1960s L'Heure Bleue Extrait, a case study for a very rich natural musk base. Hugs and kisses for everybody, for my special darlings, who know who they are. ^^
    Wishing you a splendid start in 2013! Heal your paws, roast in front of the open fire, drink champagne (that's the only thing I drink all night) and be happy! xxx.

Fragonard Lune de Miel

Basenotes Plus

Working this morning, but the bubbly is already chilling and will be joining L later

SotD is Chergui.

Hi All,

Loved reading your fragrant reflections on the year-that-was, Larimar.
    For my part, I lost my heart to vintage No.5. A Summer visit to Paris brought Tabac Blond and Li¨ into my life. The cupboard was stocked with reserves of Jicky extrait, too.
    For now, I'm wearing Sycomore,though I suspect I'll be twinning myself with LadyM tonight.

Thanks to everyone for your humour, generosity, and kindness of spirit this year ; it has been a true delight to commune with you each day here on BN.

To health, happiness and smelling fab in 2013

Wearing Johana by Keiko Mecheri at the moment, will change to Prada Amber Pour Homme for the New Year's Eve celebration.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE AND AMAZING 2013!!!
    Last edited by lucasai; 31st December 2012 at 05:16 PM.

Muscs Koubla´ Khńn.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Thumbs up Re: SOTD, Monday, 31st December 2012, New Year's Eve

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Lovely to read people's fragrant reflections of 2012. For me, 2012 was the year I was truly bitten by the fragrance bug, when it turned from being something I liked to something I LOVE to a more-than-normal degree - I know you all understand! It's also been the year I discovered the wonderful, caring, generous and creative (not to mention enabling!) community that is Basenotes - thank you to you all! I'm not as active as I'd like to be, maybe I'll sort that out in 2013

Currently sampling Diptyque's L'Ombre dans l'Eau (lovely green blackberry, but it's become a bit too sweet for me) and SL Fille en Aiguilles (calming resinous incense, beautiful but definitely not an everyday scent for me). Might slip into one of my Lutens (Jeux de Peau or Borneo 1834) to welcome in 2013)

Happy new year everyone!

Basenotes Plus

For this last day of 2012 I am wearing Angel.

I can't improve upon the lovely sentiments already expressed, so I'll just wish you all a fun and safe New Year's Eve, and all good wishes for the coming year.

Terry xxxooo

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

A Happy, Healthy and Wealthy 2013 to all my wonderful Basenote friends.

2012 reintroduced me to my adoration of fragrance after a decade away. I found my previous loves greatly changed, especially my lovely astringent whooshy chypres. Oh how I mourned the loss of oakmoss. Still I rediscovered some very old favourites in EL Azuree and Alliage and feel EL should be congratulated on keeping their classics in good order.

Discoveries were the sweetly, luscious Lutens, I've found only 1 which didn't capture my heart.

Unexpectedly, I fell for Amber and vanilla notes which I've found too sweet in the past.

New Year resolution? Stop exploring and shop my own collection and samples. For 90 days there will be no more purchases.

Today is AG Myrrh Ardente one of my amber resinous loves of the year

Nice posts on this thread. Many heart-warming (and everything-healing) SotD threads this year altogether, they are not just the plain account of who wears what -- they show who we are as individuals and what our daily lives bring to us. You all have been there for me, through thick and thin. Back in 2007-2009 BN family literally saved my sanity, providing huge support and inspiration. 2012 did not disappoint either. Thank you!

Fragrance-wise, I think I need a Paris trip. Will plan for 2013, uncertain of the dates yet. Many new fragrances were found in my own stash, rediscovering made the process more enjoyable. I have minimized my FB Wardrobe to a good manageable size, at least I can see it all on one page at a glance. None of the new releases has rocked my world though, however there are some scents I still would like to test with the emphasis on finding a new fig, a new deep and resinous, and a new tasty. Best to all and yours.

Guerlain Cuir Beluga.

Wearing Samsara today.

This year I discovered two new loves - bois des iles and terre de l'encens.

I don't post a lot, but I spend A LOT of time reading basenotes! Thank you all for your posts, messages & trades throughout the year! Hope everyone has a happy, healthy & fragrant 2013!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cuiron Pour Homme this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning, everyone!

2012 saw me selling more bottles than I bought-- pruning to remove deadwood. I'm not quite done with that process.

I also haven't done as much sampling this year as in previous years, partly due to having a better grasp on my own perfume tastes and partly because we didn't get into NYC to sniff, not even once. And local stores haven't had much of interest to me.

Basenotes continues to be a wonderful and diverse community and I'm grateful to be here.
    May we all enjoy a safe holiday and a hopeful New Year.

SotD is Gal Trebol.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 31st December 2012 at 03:12 PM.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Ambre Sultan today. This has been my scent of New Years Eve for the last few years and I don't see a reason to change things up this year. We don't have plans, it will hopefully be a nice quiet night at home. I'm on call for the hospital and hope I'm at home and not at work! I hope everyone has a very fun, but very safe NYE ... and I'm sending my sincere wishes for a wonderful 2013 to everyone.

I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Basenotes continues to be a wonderful and diverse community and I'm grateful to be here.
    May we all enjoy a safe holiday and a hopeful New Year.
    Perfectly put, 30R - I've nothing more to add.

Will be seeing in the New Year wearing champagne as well as drinking it

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 31st December 2012 at 07:13 PM.

A very healthy, happy, and fragrant New Year to all!

During the day, I am wearing Chanel Coco Noir; tonight it will be Bottega Veneta.

Basenotes Plus

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!

Much love to all of you!

SotM 31 Rue Cambon.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 31st December 2012 at 05:17 PM.

All your posts are such enjoyable reading today, gang! My year was interesting because I became more of Chanel girl than a Guerlain one. Shalimar got a pretty new bottle but also a more sugary, less smoky vanilla, which was unacceptable to me. My pre-Wasser bottles have gone from regular wear to precious juice status. But I found plenty of Chanel to fill in the gaps!

Most importantly, I came to realize that I need my BN buddies for fullest enjoyment of this hobby. I just don't know how I thought perfume was so much fun before I found you all! I love it when we agree and when we don't. It's just never boring with you in my life!

31 Rue Cambon for now (hello to my twin, Kiliwia!), will go even glammier for the evening, not sure what yet. I wish you all a very happy new year! May you all be blessed with health, happiness and most of all, love.
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 31st December 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Gandhajala referred to the delight of communing. That's what it is, isn't it? Just being with you especially pleasant people is a gift one gives oneself. So, I guess that means, I thank me for the gift of being here. Wait ... where did that sentence go wrong?

Strangely, have chosen La Rose du Petit Prince (a children's citrus scent) to start this last day of 2012.

At last some minutes of rest in a very busy- cooking!- day! SotD was BornÚo, tonight I'll wear Myrrhiad, as my partner asked me to.

Agreeing with all said above about how lovely is spending some time here with you, fragrant ones!

I wish you a good NYE and a wonderful start of the New Year!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

V&R ~ Spicebomb.

May the new year ahead see the fulfillment of your widest, deepest dreams.

Big dinner out tonight and for that, I usually wear Shalimar or No. 5, because I think they go well with food and drink. But after reading the OP, maybe I'll experiment and follow Lady Murasaki's lead and go with Tabac Blond.

Happy New Year to all, and a happy, healthy, prosperous 2013!

I too wish to say how wonderful it has been to be a part of this beautiful and joyous community for yet another year. Thanks to Grant, and to all of you!

2012 highlighted my continued love of leather scents, and surprisingly, in the latter months, I found myself drawn to heady florals (EL Tuberose Gardenia and Jasmine White Moss were big hits). I also re-confirmed my love for some of my most cherished fragrances, the Hermes Caleche collection, and the Chanel Les Exclusifs.

In honor of 2012 and in anticipation of 2013, I'm wearing Caleche (extrait) and feeling most elegant in it!

I wish all of you a fresh start, continued personal and professional successes, and wonderful new fragrance discoveries in the New Year.

L
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

D&G Velvet Love from a sample.

May you all have a very blessed and fragrant 2013!!! Many thanks and hugs to all of you!!!

"One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I wish you all a happy 2013!

Happy New Year all, it seems everyone pulled out all the stops today.
    Last edited by L'enfer; 1st January 2013 at 02:16 AM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Azuree edp
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!