Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default The most sexy alpha man / chick magnet scents

Just curious for opinions, which of these do you think is the most alpha masculine AND the most sexy / strongest "chick magnet scent' based on your experience?

Aventus
    Puredistance M
    MDCI Ambre topkapi
    YSL M7

I should mention i own Aventus, have samples of puredistance M and Ambre topkapi, and have a bottle of M7 incoming. I wanted to get the opinion of those who've experienced wearing these and which one made you feel the most "alpha man" and also gave you the most female attention / compliments.

Aventus has been amazing for me so far in both categories. I don't have much samples of Ambre topkapi but the few times ive worn it i've gotten amazing responses too, but not as good as aventus. Haven't tested puredistance M in the field yet, and i'm waiting for my M7. Can't wait to do more tests =)

What's been your experience? Thoughts?

Basenotes Member

Default Re: The most sexy alpha man / chick magnet scents

In case you haven't seen the "female compliments" thread yet:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

Here are the rankings from it so far:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yNk5fLWc#gid=0

Aventus

Basenotes Plus

Ah~ yeah i actually read through that thread. Its pretty intense that there's actually an excel database ranking, lol. I'm actually wondering specifically for both making you feel alpha / manly man and chick magnet at the same time. =P

There's the others which girls really dig (like 1 million, acqua di gio, bleu de chanel etc..) but they don't make you feel like a real man. And then there's the others which make you feel manly but aren't necessarily loved women (anteaus, yatagan, etc...) So i figured i'd ask about the ones that fit both the criteria~

Absolue pour le Soir by MFK.

Deep, dark, intensiv, aggressiv, complex, not easy to handle, but a master.

Banned
    Blog Entries

There's no such thing as a chick magnet scent. Almost anything you wear will be 50/50, some women will like it and some women won't care for it.

In my experience?

No such thing.

My thoughts?

Be yourself and stop fretting about a perceived 'image'.

Boomshanka.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    There's no such thing as a chick magnet scent. Almost anything you wear will be 50/50, some women will like it and some women won't care for it.
    Exactly. The fragrance is not a chick magnet, the man is.

I've been in the hobby going to college for the last semester or so, and I've yet to get a compliment from all my expensive fragrances. In the end that's not what it is about for me, so I don't mind. But, to answer your question, it's really too subjective to say what works well with women. People swear by Aventus and I own and love it as well, so maybe that.

Basenotes Member

I'm sure the OP knows a scent alone is not going to be responsible for attracting women. He even says in the opening post, "gave you the most female attention / compliments." A certain shirt won't do it, a specific pair of shoes won't do it and neither will correct posture. But the whole package can certainly do it and the right scent just may help. He's already had a lot of success getting compliments from wearing Aventus and knows that other scents have a manly vibe to them that women in his experience aren't as crazy about. I think a thread asking others for their opinions on what scents are well balanced in regards to masculinity and being well liked by women makes for an interesting topic.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    I'm sure the OP knows a scent alone is not going to be responsible for attracting women. He even says in the opening post, "gave you the most female attention / compliments." A certain shirt won't do it, a specific pair of shoes won't do it and neither will correct posture. But the whole package can certainly do it and the right scent just may help. He's already had a lot of success getting compliments from wearing Aventus and knows that other scents have a manly vibe to them that women in his experience aren't as crazy about. I think a thread asking others for their opinions on what scents are well balanced in regards to masculinity and being well liked by women makes for an interesting topic.
    Well, like someone pointed out, there is the database. What I was saying specifically is that I have yet to get compliments (outside of my mom lol), so I'm not convinced that scents garner many compliments, especially in college. But, the ones that do are known entities: AdG, 1 Million, Bleu de Chanel,etc. All the ones that are simple and easy to like.

Sounds to me like OP got sucked into the fragrance marketing.

Basenotes Plus

I think xray gets what I was going for =) I guess i'm not very good at explaining things haha. The scents alone can't do everything, i understand that it's mostly about myself, and partially the whole package. (I was a psychology double major and I have marketing experience doing artist development for some of the biggests musicians today, so i wouldn't say i'm a sucker for marketing, lol.)

To me scents are the same as having a nice pair of shoes or jacket or shirt. It makes you feel good and depending on how it looks it'll augment your whole presentation and perhaps get positive attention from women. I think image is an important and interesting aspect of a man's life, and scents in particular can play a huge part in that. It's like an accessory in fashion. you don't need it. but it adds to the whole package, and it's fascinating how the smallest details can change both inward and outward perception.

So yeah, I'm just curious to see what peoples thoughts are on scents that are well balanced in both making you feel manly, and at the same time attractive to females to garner attention. In my experience so far there are definitely scents that get women's attention, it just seems though most of them seem to be more fruity/aquatic. So i'm wondering about some specific, more masculine scents to see if people had experience with them getting positive female attention while still making the wearer feel manlier.

No DHI? lol! U should throw away everything from ur list exept Aventus, add DHI and Amouage Jubilation XXV and ur set! Period.

I got bit on the neck once by a friend of my fiancés sister. She came up to me to hug and kiss me on the cheek, and ended up making some sort of mating call sound and bit me right on my neck. She mumbled something unintelligible afterwards.

I was wearing DHI. I'm pretty sure she liked it.

Creed Baie de Genièvre is still the only fragrance that has induced another man's girlfriend to spontaneously make out with me with her boyfriend within easy viewing distance.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Exactly. The fragrance is not a chick magnet, the man is.
    Yes. This.

Wear what makes you feel like you can take on the world, and that confidence will be more appealing than any specific fragrance. Just go easy on the trigger. Fragrance I can smell at more than arm's length makes me think the guy's trying way too hard. Game over.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jadelotus View Post
    Yes. This.

Wear what makes you feel like you can take on the world, and that confidence will be more appealing than any specific fragrance. Just go easy on the trigger. Fragrance I can smell at more than arm's length makes me think the guy's trying way too hard. Game over.
    Excellent advice!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Basenotes Member

^ I agree, excellent advice, however...part of the reason a various suit, haircut, fragrance, etc. makes us feel more confident is knowledge that others are affected by those things in a particular way. I may feel like I can take on the world if I were to dress in a Tarzan outfit, but my illusion will quickly disappear when I appear in that outfit in public.

These sort of threads frequently have posters treating the OP as if he's ignorant to facts such as a "panty dropper cologne" won't actually be the cause of a woman wanting to sleep with you or that a scent can be worn for how it makes you feel about yourself and not just for others. But most of us want a balance between what pleases us and what pleases others. We humans are social creatures and what pleases others and how our look and behavior changes how others perceive us is important. Part of the reason we wear what's currently fashionable, wash and wax our cars, etc. is because how these things affect how others perceive us also affect how we perceive ourselves and directly affect our levels of confidence and how much we feel we can take on the world.

My choices in scents and how often I wear one would be vastly different if I was the only one with a sense of smell. I'm sure I'm part of the majority in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    ^ I agree, excellent advice, however...part of the reason a various suit, haircut, fragrance, etc. makes us feel more confident is knowledge that others are affected by those things in a particular way. I may feel like I can take on the world if I were to dress in a Tarzan outfit, but my illusion will quickly disappear when I appear in that outfit in public.

These sort of threads frequently have posters treating the OP as if he's ignorant to facts such as a "panty dropper cologne" won't actually be the cause of a woman wanting to sleep with you or that a scent can be worn for how it makes you feel about yourself and not just for others. But most of us want a balance between what pleases us and what pleases others. We humans are social creatures and what pleases others and how our look and behavior changes how others perceive us is important. Part of the reason we wear what's currently fashionable, wash and wax our cars, etc. is because how these things affect how others perceive us also affect how we perceive ourselves and directly affect our levels of confidence and how much we feel we can take on the world.

My choices in scents and how often I wear one would be vastly different if I was the only one with a sense of smell. I'm sure I'm part of the majority in that regard.
    Well said.

If you want a safe bet with the ladies, (or anyone else for that matter), the powerhouse frags are probably not the way to go. Things like Acqua di Gio, Bleu de Chanel, Versace Eau Fraiche etc. are popular for a reason and that is - they smell nice, they smell fresh, they're not too in your face, most people (women, men, grandmas and kids) find them pleasant. When you go for something more unique and strong, there are always going to be people who hate it, and people who love it. As for compliments, I don't think many women compliment guys on things like fragrance very often because the guy might think she's hitting on him. Most compliments I've heard of are from wives/girlfriends or other women who want to know what it is so they can get it for the man in their life. And well, guys don't compliment guys on things like fragrance very often because they're afraid to seem "gay" (silly, I know)

Basenotes Plus

I got chased by chickens the last time I wore Avent...... Oops wrong thread. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I got chased by chickens the last time I wore Avent...... Oops wrong thread. Sorry.
    lol!

Saying all women tend to go for fruity/aquatic scents is as much a generalization as Tania Sanchez's qoute in the guide;' "what scent drives men wild?" After years of intense research, we know the definitive answer. It is Bacon. Now, on to the far more interesting subject of perfume. It is a mistake to think that the overwhelming reason for women to wear perfume is to attract the opposite sex. But as Luca once explained to me regarding the temperate-independant scanty dress of many young women at night, what a woman on the prowl requires is something that men will register after six beers. Of course, if your mating strategy casts this wide a net, you may drag in more old boots than big tunas. But that is probably fodder for another book.'

Go with the fragrance that works with your chemistry, one you feel you are wearing, not one you feel is wearing you, if you know what I mean.

Basenotes Plus

LoL, good one diamondflame. And i do looove bacon. And honestly if a women wore a bacon perfume, i think i just might find that attractive, haha.

I do get what you guys are sayin, i do. But its really not what i was going for on this thread. The point of me starting the thread though is again, not about finding the "panty dropper". I know you don't need the scent attract women. trust me I get it, lol. Its just like an accessory to me. I wear it because it feels good to have something nice on, etc.. but thats beside the point.

I wanted to see what people's thoughts and experiences on some scents that i thought are strongly masculine and had great general positive appeal to women, and also if people had experience with other scents that had a good balance of strong masculinity and general appeal to women.

In retrospect i think i should have phrased the topic / original post a little better. Writing has never been my forte, haha.

So yeah, any more thoughts/ experiences you guys would like to share based on the original post?

As i said, if ur not searchin, throw away all exept DHI and Aventus. Thats all you need.