Code of Conduct

Thread: Givenchy Pi

Default Givenchy Pi

What are your thoughts on this horribly sweet cologne?
    I don't have it in my collection, but what I do have is blackxs Paco Rabanne which is very, very sweet aswell.
    Is Pi similar to blackxs?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Givenchy Pi

I never tried Black XS, but I think Givenchy Pi is a good fragrance and I like it.

I don't own Givenchy Pi because I know I won't wear it enough to justify a full bottle of it.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I used to wear Givenchy PI a lot, when it first came out. It smells great but now I find it to be so synthetic. I will not re-purchase a bottle. I had a bottle of PR Black XS. Too kiddie like for me. Gave it to someone else who would better appreciate the fragrance.

If applied sparingly, Givenchy Pi had, so far, a rather good interaction with my skin.

But I admit, Black XS, while not too similar to Pi, is a good alternative, in my opinion, both for the ones who like and who dislike Pi- the notes are vanillic-gourmand too, but with a fudge-chocolate-marzipan-cocoa accord which is, surprisingly, not sickly sweet, nor excessively projecting or overpowering.

I can state with certainly, having had a tester of this from Sephora, that women like this one.
    To me, I don't tend to go for sweet or gourmand scents. PR 1 Million is about the only exception I make. My wife had been thinking of giving me Pi for xmas, but I told her not to bother. Pretty cool bottle, though.

I personally like it and own it.

Nice frag. Purchased when it first came out. Ended up purchasing another bottle. Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself!

Smells like Le Male to me.

for what it is i like it. Its a synthetic sugary/vanilla/tonka mix. Has great projection, good longevity and gets lots of compliments

I like the drydown of Pi. The top notes aren't very nice though. Also, in terms of sweet/gourmand scents, it feels a bit dated. It's almost "ambery" or syrupy to me instead of an edible, gourmand type vanilla. I own Black XS and would rate it way higher than Pi for my tastes. Although Pi would be considered a more mature sweet scent. Anyway, it's not bad, but I'd take a lot of other sweet scents over Pi (Black XS, 1 Million, Le Male, La Nuit, Ck One Shock, Spicebomb, etc. are all more modern).

Quote Originally Posted by dagawami View Post
    Smells like Le Male to me.
    +1, bro.

It's a better version than le male imo. It's not so loud and better balanced, a little sweeter though

Pi is nothing like Black XS. Been wearing Pi, a lot this Winter, it's probably my most worn. Unlike many, I don't find it too sweet. It's more oriental/floral than gourmand imo.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Great male almond fragrance

I'm not a huge fan. It has a bitter scent on my skin.

Basenotes Institution

T. M. V.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

No they are not simillar at least not for me ...Used to own both of them, and used to love both of them in my younger days . Pi is not ordinary vanilla based scent , not as sweet as it could be.

I only tried it once so am not so sure but from what I remember Pi was one of the better of the very sweet frags.
    Black XS though almost made me gag, overpowering sweet shop vibe. Nasty.

Sampled it about a year ago, thought I liked it was even considering purchasing, glad I didn't as now I don't like it. Smells old to me.

Every thread about this one I confirm that this is a very polarizing fragrance.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

I like it Very sweet.