Code of Conduct

Default Have you ever found a diamond in the rough?

I certaintly did today. If you guys have ever read some of my earlier threads you would find one about the Halston Z-14. We have talked alot on here about reformulations and in my earlier thread I found an old box of Jeff Gordon edition of Z-14. This version even though it was a few years old was still far superior to the current Z-14 on the market today. If you haven't read my earlier thread check it out to catch yourself up to speed. Anyways, I was at a local dept store yesterday and noticed they had a tester bottle of Z-14 behind the glass display but also saw one out on the counter. I asked the associate to spray the tester on the counter and sure enough it was the new formula Elizabeth Arden puts out. After the lady sprayed it she immediately said she was not a fan of it for it was to harsh to the nose. She then got the tester from behind the glass and sprayed it and my gosh we were both blown away by how different they were and this one smelled really good and she agreed. I liked it so muchn I asked her if I could buy it and her and her manager said they could not sale testers. I was so dissapointed cause I new this one was probably the second formulation of Haslton Z-14 comaparable to the Jeff Gordon edition. As I was walking out I heard the sales lady say try to call district and see if you can get anywhere. So today I called district and explained everything to them about the reformulations and how I wanted the tester because this maybe my last chance at the older formula. She called me back and she said I can go back to the store because they were allowing me to buy the tester. I was so excited. When I got back to the store the same lady was working from yesterday she told me to enjoy it because I earned it for pushing past the powers at be and going higher up the chain. She rung up a 4.2 OZ tester bottle of Halston Z-14 for only 5.00.............5.00???????? CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? I about ran around the whole store. Not only did I get a very great deal but I also got the older formula or so I thought. When I got in the truck and tested this on my skin I noticed this was different than the Jeff Gordon Edition I had. This in the opening was very rich, very warm, and as I sit here typing almost 4 hours on my skin this thing is not going anywhere. I noticed on the sticker it was distributed by EA fragrances but I looked up the barcode number and found out this tester bottle was made in December of 2006. You know what this means? If I am not mistaken Elizabeth Arden took over the Halston line about that same time. So I am convinced that I may have a vintage bottle of Halston Z-14, The new formula came with the Jeff Gordon edition in 2008 and back when this was made they just put their sticker on it to get it to the shelves. They share similar qualities but to be almost 12 years old and smell this dang good with monster projection and longevity tells you how reformulations Def in some cases hurt a fragrance rather then help it. Anyway, I am so excited about it all. What do you guys think? Do you think I have a vintage bottle? Have you ever found a cheap diamond in the rough? Leave your comments below and looking forward to hearing from you.

Default Re: Have you ever found a diamond in the rough?

One diamond in the rough I've found over the years is C'est Magique Homme by Kesling which I thoroughly enjoy.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    One diamond in the rough I've found over the years is C'est Magique Homme by Kesling which I thoroughly enjoy.
    Rub it in why dontcha!

Five dollars? That's super amazing! Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by automorphism View Post
    Five dollars? That's super amazing! Honestly.
    I know right. I think I almost stopped breathing when she rung it up lol

24 gold by scentstory
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    24 gold by scentstory
    I've heard good things.

Hey! I'm a huge Jeff Gordon fan. I might have to get my hands on that just for the memorabilia aspect.