Code of Conduct

Default Just received my 5 ml sample of 24 gold by Scentstory, can't wait to wear this bad boy tonight

Just got it in the mail a few minutes ago... just by sniffing the cap and sprayer, i know that i am in for a treat.... what i get from the initial sniff from the cap is a powerhouse fragrance... this one is a wild one... jumps out at you loud... i get the raspberry, vanilla and chocolate note that everyone is talking about, but i get also amber, woods, and civet... this one gives me a tobacco vanille, jubilation xxv and back to black kind of vibe with my initial sniff.. niche quality stuff here...beautiful stuff...let's see how it work as a full wear tonight on new years eve... i willkeep everyone posted what i think of 24 gold by Scentstory....

- - - Updated - - -

Going to apply it in a bit....but sniffing the sprayer again, i now also get the amber absolute comparison... i think i think it's coming from the amber note... wow this fragrance is kind of wild... all these great niche fragrance all in one...
    Last edited by change1; 31st December 2012 at 06:57 PM.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Just received my 5 ml sample of 24 gold by Scentstory, can't wait to wear this bad boy tonight

24 is a great underated frag. This juice is definitely a sleeper (more for us). Don't go too heavy on the sprayer though. Enjoy!

Default Re: Just received my 5 ml sample of 24 gold by Scentstory, can't wait to wear this bad boy tonight

It's good but really synthetic to me...but for the price great buy!

Tried this but didn't care much for it. Agree quite synthetic and to me pretty generic.

Got it on now.... rule #1... dont spray it on the neck... i learned it the hard way.....this stuff is powerful...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Tried this but didn't care much for it. Agree quite synthetic and to me pretty generic.
    I presume you mean 24 and not 24 Gold? There's nothing generic about the Gold version!

No doubt! Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Got it on now.... rule #1... dont spray it on the neck... i learned it the hard way.....this stuff is powerful...

ok, here's my take on 24 gold... as I expected the initial blast starts of with a loud sweet vanilla, raspberry, and chocolate note... think of raspberry jello, tobacco vanille and back to black... that's what I get with the initial blast... the dry down is very interesting... the raspberry and chocolate note is toned down...and now I get a woody, vanilla, and amber scent, and close to the skin now... what i get is a YSL M7 and Amber Absolute kind of dry down... overall, I really like this fragrance, but it should not be sprayed on the neck or close to the nose, because it will knock you out! the only hold back on this fragrance is that I don't smell it much anymore after 4 hours... it's kind of weak now...

My grade for 24 Gold after one wear is a 9/10... this would be a 10 if it last longer....
    Last edited by change1; 1st January 2013 at 03:49 AM.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

4 hours? This stuff lasts over 24 hours on me. It's probably the most potent scent I own.

I received a sample yesterday... I just don't get it -- why is there so much love for this? It's so sweet and feminine (and I only did 1 spray!). It doesn't seem to change much either. I'll try it again today.

It's not bad but rather sweet/unisex/young/ and dare I say feminine. I happily wear (old) women's scents but this and things like Lolita Lempicka (original) I find too girlie and/or youthful to wear, associating them with typical, popular women's scents. Also I found, whilst the top notes are nice and strong, it did fizzle out after a while. Didn't seem to last that long on me.

I think my 5 ml samples will last me for a while... it's a powerhouse fragrance for the first 4 hrs
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I thought it was horrible but just my opinion.

Tried it again and have to say I don't particularly care for it. Too sweet and syrupy; to me it smells like something that would be more suited for a woman. But I have 10mls of this stuff, so I'll keep trying... haven't worn it outside yet so perhaps I haven't experienced the development.

Love it and it lasts forever. One of my best purchases last year
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    Love it and it lasts forever. One of my best purchases last year
    Just out of interest... what is it about this fragrance that you love? What do you get out of it?

it is a 'bad girl' on my skin. too feminine to my nose...... my wife loves it and smells amazing on her.....
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

EXTREMELY sweet and feminine. Gave it to my girlfriend and she loves it.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

If 24 Gold lasts less than 12 hours on you, you're doing it wrong.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I presume you mean 24 and not 24 Gold? There's nothing generic about the Gold version!
    100% agree. Not synthetic either!!

Top quality frag that if it was by Tom Ford, would be £135 for 50ml

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    100% agree. Not synthetic either!!

Top quality frag that if it was by Tom Ford, would be £135 for 50ml
    It smells very high quality indeed.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

It's an amber bomb so I can see why some see it as feminine. I don't get the comments about it being generic or not lasting. In my opinion it's quite different and is a beast on my skin.

I put on 24 gold again today.. one spray to the chest and it lasted for 12 hrs + i think i got a grasp of this fragrance now... here is a list of similar niche fragrance notes that smells like 24 gold.

The raspberry note of tuscan leather

The vanilla of tobacco vanille

The amber of amber absolute

The sweet wood from oud wood

The spices of jubilation xxv

All wrapped in one....
    Last edited by change1; 8th January 2013 at 12:10 AM.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

A hell of a fragrance man. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

This is also a good frag for oud lovers. I can definitely detect it in this. Oud and raspberry.

- - - Updated - - -

This is also a good frag for oud lovers. I can definitely detect it in this. Oud and raspberry.