Code of Conduct

Default Do you think IFRA will affect more frags in 2013?

We all know how, since 2010, IFRA regulations have been excluding more and more natural ingredients from perfume. I've read that in 2013 the number is set to increase even more, and will radically affect almost every classic or vintage scent. It will also mean a continuation of the fruity/gourmand theme, because these can be more easily concocted from the reduced number of ingredients available. They're easier and cheaper to make, so the market is being saturated with them.
    Can anyone comment on this?
    As people have often noted on BN, so many of our wonderful vintages have changed beyond recognation. Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Mille, Vol de Nuit, the list goes on and on.
    I'm so glad I bought back-ups over the past two years for the scents I love, and only wish I could afford to hoard even more. I'm not a fan of fruity scents, and I love the rich complexity of the late-lamented classics.

Default Re: Do you think IFRA will affect more frags in 2013?

IFRA has already restricted most of what it possibly could. As discussed in some thread, next year the EU could chime in and further eliminate said substances altogether. But as you point out most of the perfumes involved have already been heavily reformulated that it's hard to think about what else could. (Well, Piguet has said it will reformulate Bandit again...)

cacio

It wouldn't be a surprise if they did.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It wouldn't be a surprise if they did.

Is the Pope Catholic?

Quote Originally Posted by redrose View Post
    We all know how, since 2010, IFRA regulations have been excluding more and more natural ingredients from perfume. I've read that in 2013 the number is set to increase even more, and will radically affect almost every classic or vintage scent..............Can anyone comment on this? ...........
    The classic fragrances are dead. Many of them will continue to be made but won't smell anything like what they used to. Hard to identify many of them already. Smelled New York the other day and had to work hard in order to convince myself that any New York was even there. Patricia de Nicolai should discontinue it asap.

I used to wish they would reissue Patou pour Homme. Not anymore! Whatever they might make would be nothing like it.