Code of Conduct

Default Broken Guerlain SDV atomizer

Just got a bottle of SDV in the mail today, and the atomizer worked for about 8 sprays, then it crapped out. I put the bulb atomizer on for now, but does anyone know how get these atomizers working or replaced?

Default Re: Broken Guerlain SDV atomizer

If you bought it at an official Guerlain store, ask them if they have spare, or return the bottle. Various websites sell atomizers and bottles (eg perfumersapprentice or bestbottles) but the problem is that one has to find one that fits exactly.

Note that the bulb atomizer makes the frag evaporate very fast, so I would not use it, or at least, I would not keep it on for a long period. Rather, I would decant what you need to use into a small sprayer, and keep the broken atomizer on the bottle, so that at least the perfume does not evaporate.

cacio

Purchased from Sak's online. How long are we talking before the fragrance would be affected by the bulb? I guess I will just decant this bottle as I go and seal it with the cap that came with it. Disappointing, but I'll get over it.

Saks usually replaces without problems, so you should definitely contact them. If you have a Saks nearby, you may even be able to get a replacement or a sprayer if you go there in person.

In any case, I was talking about the long term - there won't be much evaporation in a week or so. But over a period of months, you will loose juice.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    If you bought it at an official Guerlain store, ask them if they have spare, or return the bottle.
    This. Even Saks should replace it.

Called Saks and they said I could return it, but I couldn't find the return label. Did I throw it away? So I look through two full garbage bags to no avail. I'm getting pissed at this point. I go back to my closet and switch the bulb atomizer out with the regular one and it is now working again. WTF.

...I always break the atomizer of the bottle with pliers, and pour the contents into a bottle with a removable sprayer...!

Just take it in store and politely ask the sales rep if they can do anything about this. Explain you have lost your receipt, they should help you no problem but then you are in the US. lol