Code of Conduct

Question Giardini Di Montecatini 12 by Borghese

Does anyone know what is in Giardini Di Montecatini 12? I've searched far and wide but cannot find anything like it. There is no published info on its make-up. I remember paying around $30 a bottle and now the only existing bottles cost $500.00! Yikes!

Default Re: Giardini Di Montecatini 12 by Borghese

I don't know, but I remember that line (Borghese, right?). Those were nice products. I remember there were two scents - XII was one and there was another. I had both, one in a perfume spray and one in a body cream. Beautifully packaged, too. I really liked Borghese cosmetics, does this company still exist or produce cosmetics? (I don't know beacause I rarely shop anymore.)

I used to have a Giardini Monticatini oil. Very strong rose, very 80s, but not as sweet as YSL Paris

I have both of the Borghese Giardini Di Montecatini fragrances from the 1980's. The one containing rose is XII, or 12. It has aged very well, IMO, and doesn't smell of old, dusty, dried roses. That is rare, as I have found that scents containing rose frequently do not age very well.

The other scent is VI, or 6. It's beautiful and unisex, I think, but I'm not sure what notes it contains. If I find anything on that, I'll post it here. Otherwise, I will give my impressions of the scent.

I love them both, and yes, they're nearly impossible to find. It would be lovely if Borghese would dig up the formulas for these beautiful blends and bring them back into production, but I'm not holding my breath on that!

Basenotes Institution

uaskygal, can you post a picture of the bottles?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

The one I had looked like this. And the body cream, which was divine, came in a jar of the same heavy, frosted glass with a gold top. It was a nice presentation, and the scents were lovely.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks sweetie. I have never seen that. I love their face mud mask - there's nothing on the market like it. Alas, it's so expensive!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

You're welcome. Never tried the mud mask -- guess I don't need to if it is $$$$.

I've seen it online, extremely steep prices

I have a bottle of XII that is 2/3 or more full. I will list it on eBay.