Code of Conduct

Default Invitation to fragrance project

Dear friends,
    I have started composing 5 new fragrances that will feature these 5 Italian “Art cities”.
    Venice, Rome, Florence, Naples and Milan.
    It is the new "The Italian series".
    Having lived in Italy for the last 26 years, I would like to interpret the soul of the "Bel paese" with these fragrances.
    I have the pleasure to invite Basenoters to participate in this new project, either by helping in the concept or in evaluating the free samples that will soon be available.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer
    http://www.profumo.it/Blog/index.php

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Invitation to fragrance project

Sounds interesting. I would love to try them. Are they going to be male, unisex or feminine frags?
    Much like hearing a piece of music that can instantly take you back to a certain time and place, the faintest trace of a fragrance can evoke strong memories and powerful reactions from within.-Roja Dove

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Interesting indeed!

There will be for every taste, male, female and Uniex, although these distinctions I believe are cultural more than belonging to the nature of fragrances themselves.
    Moreover, when using natural ingredients as the frame itself of perfumes, some perfumes based on traditionally "male" ingredients such as Labdanum, Tobacco, Frankincense and woods have such a success among women that they become unisex by fact.
    You can already read the beginning of the project and help me, by participating on the profumo's friends club.

I shall welcome you there.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo View Post
    There will be for every taste, male, female and Uniex, although these distinctions I believe are cultural more than belonging to the nature of fragrances themselves.
    Moreover, when using natural ingredients as the frame itself of perfumes, some perfumes based on traditionally "male" ingredients such as Labdanum, Tobacco, Frankincense and woods have such a success among women that they become unisex by fact.
    You can already read the beginning of the project and help me, by participating on the profumo's friends club.

I shall welcome you there.
    I agree. I love to wear men's and women's frags equally. I wear what pleases me.
    Much like hearing a piece of music that can instantly take you back to a certain time and place, the faintest trace of a fragrance can evoke strong memories and powerful reactions from within.-Roja Dove

Please include me. Keep the names in Italian. I am busy right now, but it is not going to happen until later in the year, right?

"Balconies" is brilliant. "Heart" -- I feel has to change, too common.

Yes Twolf, it will happen within the next few month.
    "Cuore di Napoli" is the name proposed by my friend from Naple, does it sound better to you? You can post your comments on the profumo's friends club, this is the place where the project takes place.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Oh, I would love to participate as well. I also think it better to keep the names Italian.
    Do happy

I would like to participate. And I vote for Italian spelling versus English.

Hello,

Now that I am out of the hospital and back on the forum though right now still to a bit more limited extent I would also love to participate if possible.

I'm in...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I'd missed out on Tawaf the last time. Hope I can be of service this time round. Coincidentally I had visited those cities (except Naples) while on my honeymoon in Dec 2011.

I would also love to participate.

Another vote for keeping the names in Italian. Cuore di Napoli sounds indeed far more intriguing than "Heart".

Basenotes Plus

I would love to participate if you still have room for more people. I agree with the others, keep the name in Italian. I like the name you're considering, Cuore di Napoli, very much.

Welcome Kiliwa, there is room for everybody in this project. You will receive the updates soon about the samples if you suscribe to this thread.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Basenotes Plus

Thank you Profomo! I've subscribed to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I'd missed out on Tawaf the last time. Hope I can be of service this time round. Coincidentally I had visited those cities (except Naples) while on my honeymoon in Dec 2011.
    Welcome Diamondflame, I think that you still can get a free Tawaf sample from STC with any order there.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Please count me in. Id like to help out.
    Remember when life gives you lemons make lemonade, also find someone whose life gave them vodka. Have a party!

I will subscribe too then and agree the names in Italian are really good, Cuore di Napoli sounds great.

Dear friends,

The first version of the first perfume of the “Italian series” is ready to be sampled. It is “Milano Café”.

The concept is that the characteristic smell of Milano is the aroma of coffee that invades the streets, the working places and that is present in every social occasion, be it professional or leisure.
    I have added the chocolate, that is either added as powder to the cappuccinos or given together with the cup of coffee as a single square piece nicely packed.

The third note of the accord is a multi ethnic note of woods and spices that features the Somali and Arab shops and restaurants that have flourished in the city in the last 20 years.

The perfume is warm, dry and woody. The original blast of coffee- chocolate melts quickly in the woody-spicy notes and using it gives 2 types of satisfactions, the first minute “soo coffee” and then after that the heart and end of the perfume.

The free samples will be available
    With Lisa at STC (1 ml) along with any order of decants passed there (from next week)
    At profumo.it from now on (5.5 ml) with any order passed there (from today)

You can test the perfume and write your feed back, comments, reviews on the profumo's friends club thread. According to what you say I shall either keep the perfume as it is or adjust it for a second round of sampling.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Basenotes Plus

Profumo, I would like to participate, if that's still possible.

You are welcome RHM.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Hi, I'd very much like to be involved in the development - am I right in assuming I would first need to make a purchase from either of those websites in order to acquire a sample? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    Hi, I'd very much like to be involved in the development - am I right in assuming I would first need to make a purchase from either of those websites in order to acquire a sample? Thanks.
    Hello Woodoodanny, we are discussing this on the Project thread, maybe you would like to give some suggestion about it.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

I am glad to inform that the feed back from Basenoters who received their free sample of "Milano Caffé" have started to arrive on the "Italian Series" Thread
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

The new version of "Milano Caffè" is ready.
    More sofisticated, more Elegant, and also more coffee. I prefer it, the "Ethnic" insiders part of milano is still there but subdued, as any visiytor to the city would see it.
    There is more of the urban, sofisticated, elegant and young fashion Milano in the new version.
    I am curious to see which of the two wins the heart of those who liked the first one.

You can get free samples as usual from STC and profumo.it.
    Those of you who did not have the first version can now ask for both free samples.

Your comments are desired at Profumo friends club group
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Basenotes Institution

Great, thanks
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

The new Milano Caffé arrived at STC. You can get your free sample when you purchase your usual decants. If you did not get the first version, ask for both of them, they are both free.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Hi!
    Been admiring your inspirational website for a while - thank you!

Which carrier do you use 4 shipping?
    -we're having problems here.
    Thank you!

Hello Ipp. The free samples come from Lisa of STC by USPS. Just order anything from her and you will be entitled to them.
    If you mean about our carrier from Italy, it is UPS.
    Last edited by Profumo; 19th February 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer

Whew - thank you - sure many people will be happy to hear that