Code of Conduct

Thread: "Escape" ??

Exclamation "Escape" ??

Hello,

When I asked to my uncle what was his cologne (cause I never smelled this one, he have so many cologne so I was curious), he said that it was an aftershave and it was called "Escape or something like that". So I was telling to myself "ohh! Ok I know, Escape! Calvin klein! I didnt know it was smelling that good". So I went to the perfume store and smelled it again before buying it. SURPRISE : It was not the same smell. VERY different. What I smelled on my uncle was similar to "Eau d'orange Verte" from hermes, but with less "orange" and more spicy and similar to "Malizia Uomo" and "Aqua velva".

So now I'm confused. Do they have reformulated the old classic "escape" from calvin klein?? And since my uncle said "escape OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT" I was like well, maybe its not escape. So I told the seller at the perfume store which one was named something that could be similar to "escape". She told me "escada". I smelled them, nothing like what my uncle wore. Damn!

So I searched the web, maybe there is an aftershave called X-Cape, or S-Cape or anything like that, but found nothing.

So, what could be this so called "escape or something like that" ? There is an "escala" aftershave, but again, it don"t smell like what I smelled with my uncle.

Then... I asked my uncle (lol) and he don't remember, it was a gift and since the bottle is empty, he putted it in the garbage some days ago.

I need help to find this. It was smelling sooooo good!!

Default Re: "Escape" ??

maybe he said he wanted to escape from your presence.........
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

it just smelled different on him than from the bottle.....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

maybe Eternity................

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    it just smelled different on him than from the bottle.....
    I tried it on my skin too and it was still very different. I know that there could be some light difference of smell from different people but not so big lile it was for me. I mean, the smell on him versus the smell on me was like comparing aqua di gio with aventus. There is a big difference...

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Maybe some Bvlgari, Eau de Campagne, Armani PH, Eau de Rochas, Eau Sauvage?... I don't know about any CK reformulation beyond Obsession Woman.
    Well, then how these ones you named can be similar to the name "escape" ? He really said "oh thats called escape, I think, or something like that". So I don't know how can I think its named "escape" if he wore like Eau de rochas or Bvlgari lol

Call your uncle and ask him to look at the bottle and tell you the name. Will probably save you some time.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    maybe Eternity................
    Or Euphoria

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    maybe he said he wanted to escape from your presence.........
    Hahaha

for swap/sale:

Good luck on your search, "cool" (gasp) boy!
    This is so funny to see how you act guys on this forum. Well, ok, call me "gasp" boy if you want, but in 2-3 years I'm gonna own you every one here (or almost..). Yeah right, ok, now i'm a "boy" that work in a strip club. What a dumb guy huh? Well, guess what? In 2 (or 3 years) I'm gonna finish my studies and have my surgeon diploma. I hope to not have to make a surgery to people like you when I'm gonna be surgeon, cause I'll let you die on my operation table!

Quote Originally Posted by Bachatu Man View Post
    Call your uncle and ask him to look at the bottle and tell you the name. Will probably save you some time.
    I already said he put the bottle in the garbage. You guys are blind or what...

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    This is so funny to see how you act guys on this forum. Well, ok, call me "gasp" boy if you want, but in 2-3 years I'm gonna own you every one here (or almost..). Yeah right, ok, now i'm a "boy" that work in a strip club. What a dumb guy huh? Well, guess what? In 2 (or 3 years) I'm gonna finish my studies and have my surgeon diploma. I hope to not have to make a surgery to people like you when I'm gonna be surgeon, cause I'll let you die on my operation table!
    ???

for swap/sale:

Then you're not ethic and mature enough to be a doctor. Grow up or you won't deserve your diploma. Honor and respect it if you really get it.
    Are you seriously judging someone's personality based on the "personality" of a FORUM ? You are wrong! forum life and real life are 2 different things. Most of the forums I go, I just troll or make some stupid things. Believe me, when you study for being surgeon, these little "trolling/acting stupid on forum" are vital to not become crazy lol

And anyway, a good doctor depends on how he work, not what he is doing in life. I know a doctor that is on of the most reputed one in my country, very professional. A very good doctor. BUT, he is a real dumb in life, cheating his wife and smocking weeds. But this don't make him a bad doctor...

He might have meant Escada?

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    He might have meant Escada?
    So I told the seller at the perfume store which one was named something that could be similar to "escape". She told me "escada". I smelled them, nothing like what my uncle wore. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    I revisited Escape recently after loving it when it was new out. I like the Escape that is out now, but I think it's different to before. The old one had big spillage and smelled ethereal. I think it's possible your uncle had an early bottle of Escape.

Quote Originally Posted by 0j76 View Post
    I think it's possible your uncle had an early bottle of Escape.
    That would be my guess too.