Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Parfumeur Patchouli Patch - just like dishwater or not?

I bought a bottle of patchouli patch and I was so disappointed.

In the shop I tested some and it was good, but my bottle is so light I can hardly smell anything! I might as well just spray myself with water - Id get more smell out of it!

Has anyone else had this problem with this scent or any other ones of theirs? Ive tried on some others and again they are very light and hardly a scent that stays for more than 5 minutes.

I emailed them to see what they would say, but they just said if you think theres a problem take it back to the shop.

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur Patchouli Patch - just like dishwater or not?

Thats very odd. I only need 1, or max 2, sprays of patch. It is quite powerful out of the gate and lasts all day. Maybe you are anosmic to the materials:do you have problems with patchouly in general? Worse, the bottle could be a watered down tester.

Haven't had this problem at all with any of their scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Roper-Hall View Post
    Thats very odd. I only need 1, or max 2, sprays of patch. It is quite powerful out of the gate and lasts all day. Maybe you are anosmic to the materials:do you have problems with patchouly in general? Worse, the bottle could be a watered down tester.
    Hi - no usually patchouli lasts on me.
    You know I did think about the bottle being watered down. Do they do that with testers often?
    I said this in my email to them but the woman said that there was no way - but of course she would say that!

Thing is I have a small 1ml sample of their Fou D'absinthe which is quite strong, but when I sprayed a tester on in the shop it was quite weak - so im wondering if some bottles are watered down and they've all been mixed up or something

I paid £78 for that bottle which is quite alot for me, and that was down to the fact when I tried the sample in the shop it was quite strong, so there must be some kind of difference in their bottle and the bottle they sold me - cheating bastards!

I would take it back to the shop as they suggested.

I'm not the biggest fan of this scent but it isn't weak.

Hi- no, I have no proof that testers are watered down, my remark is more a reflection of the thread "question about designer testers at the mall" by comfortablynumbbg written dec29/2012, as well as the subsection "materials needed" found in the perfume diy thread titled "Smelling Techniques: Guide and Summary". However, if patchouly is not a problem for you, then perhaps you could try returning the bottle, to compare with the tester at the counter, for there is surely something amiss here.
    Last edited by Roper-Hall; 2nd January 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Hi I have a bottle of this 2 squirts and they can smell you for miles, maybe you should e mail them as their customer service very good

Well, I am not a big fan of patchouli based fragrances. That said, I think Patchouli Patch is one of the best. It takes a dirty earthy note like patchouli and cleans it up quite a bit, still focusing on the patchouli note. Well done.

I think once my SOTD wears off.. I'll give this sample another wearing.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Same here!
    Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    I would take it back to the shop as they suggested.

I'm not the biggest fan of this scent but it isn't weak.

L'artisan scents have an odd sort of strength, I think. It's not up front but a kind of low level persistent push - more of a tortoise than a hare if you like. You think they are not there but then 6 hours later you realise they are very present but in an unfamiliar register, like a bass voice you suddenly start to hear in a choir after a while.
    To my mind they also have an odd combination of smelling really good and quite chemical/synthetic at times with some aroma chemicals used in quite high doses - would be unpleasant in another composition but somehow works in this.

I have not tried Patchouli Patch, but I've several others. They have all been very light (from dab sample vials). They are among the lightest fragrances I've tried, very transparent and close to the skin. Even something like Al Oudh which I would expect to have a quite intense smell is not at all. Right now I'm wearing Timbuktu on one wrist and Dzongkha on the other, and I can only pick them up very faintly. I can only pick them up clearly when my nose is maybe 6" from my wrists, and I only applied them maybe 30 minutes ago. Also noticed this with Mechant Loup and Bois Farine. Though, I do enjoy Mechant Loup and Timbuktu regardless, I'll have to increase my application and see what happens.