Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Cristal & Gold Gentlemen's Eua De Toilette Old 80's-90's

I know NOTHNG about fragrances but I was recently given an unopened bottle of Amouage Cristal & Gold Gentlemen's Eua De Toilette 50ml from the 80's or 90's. It has a stamp on th ebox B no 769. I was about to throw it out (I don't wear fragrances) but then I looked up the name online and realized how expensive the name brand is. I can not seem to find this bottle anywhere online. Can anyone help? I have no idea where to turn.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amouage Cristal & Gold Gentlemen's Eua De Toilette Old 80's-90's

It is the vintage bottle style of Amouage Gold before Amouage changed all their bottles to a different house family style and called them edps. As an aside, that is a very fine fragrance and it would be a shame to have someone throw that in the rubbish bin. The person who gave that to you spent quite a sum on that gift I am sure...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I'm sorry, I'm not going to throw now. It was given to my father in law many years ago new and he passed away 3 years ago. It has been sitting on my dresser for 2 years now. I can not smell and do not wear any colognes. Like a fool I just took the plastic off and opened the package. I think I will try to sell it and buy something nice with the money so I can pass it on to my kids in his memory. Thank you so much for your knowledge.

Any idea what something like this would sell for? Where could I sell something like this? I see there is a selling section on this forum. Like I said I'm a newbie.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose there is always eBay...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Mod - Thank you for moving it to the proper forum.

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, what a marvel! (salivating...)

Vintage Amouage is fantastic. Gold is perhaps my favorite perfume, a humongous floral oriental - and vintage must be even stronger. If you've never worn cologne, this will hit you like a punch. You should keep it and pass this on to your kids -this is wonderful stuff.

That said, as for selling, new Amouages go for $300. As said, vintage is even better, and you have the whole packet, but the market for vintage Amouages isn't that large as for other famous perfumes, so it is somewhat harder to pull out these amounts, though I think this bottle well deserves it. (If you look at ebay, note that the prices you see are not necessarily what one will get - one should look at actual, completed transactions). Hard to say therefore what this will get you - it'll be very variable. That's another reason for thinking carefully before offloading it.

Lack of the wrapping isn't an issue. This way you can actually show the inside. If you do post, make sure to say that the frag has been always kept in the box, in a dresser or wherever. The biggest problem for frags is light, so the fact that it has not been exposed to light will guarantee good quality. Heat can also damage frags, so that's why you should say that it has been kept in a closet or a cool place as well. Also, put a high minimum price - if it goes away for a small amount, it'll really be a shame.

cacio

Cavia thanks for the great info.

Mods I'm very sorry if I gave the impression that I was trying to sell this item here. This item is not for sale.

Not knowing what I had, I was looking for info on this product. If anyone has any more info on this product I'd love to hear about it.
    Thanks again,

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

great find. I found one at a friend place and he agreed to offer it. It smells much better than the new one for some reason. Not sure if it is psychological