Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Overall smell, projection, longevity, and versatility. Which one do you prefer?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Animale Animale

6 21.43%
  • Angel Men

14 50.00%
  • Pure Malt

8 28.57%
    Banned

Default Animale Animale vs. the A Men

Just purchased Animale Animale blind online after reading all of the greats reviews, which should be coming in the mail in the next few days. They say AA smells similar to Angel men and pure malt. Just wondering what your guys' opinions are on these three frags. I have smelled angel men, but it has been about two years, so I have forgotten the exact smell and dry down. I have never had a sample of it, and sephora has stopped carrying it in my area, so i cannot get a sample. Thinking about semi-blind buying original Angel Men. I have never smelled pure malt. In terms of overall smell, longevity, projection, and versatility, which frag do you guys like best? Thanks in advance

Default Re: Animale Animale vs. the A Men

Angel Men

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I would not say it smells like either one. To me Animale has a synthetic scent to it. I would choose Angel Men.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

1. Pure Malt
    2. Angel Men
    3. Animale Animale
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Hey, did you get Animale Animale in?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Blog Entries

My vote: A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    Hey, did you get Animale Animale in?
    I did. It came a few days ago. It definitely has that chocolate vibe to it like Angel men, but without that tar note. It wont last as long as angel men, but I have to give a few weeks of wearings to become more familiar with it. I like it so far, and wont be selling it. This was another blind buy that turned out well for me. It was only $20 for a 3.4oz bottle on fragrancenet.

A*Men smells like an old people's home, i.e p1ss!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEBRON JAMES View Post
    I did. It came a few days ago. It definitely has that chocolate vibe to it like Angel men, but without that tar note. It wont last as long as angel men, but I have to give a few weeks of wearings to become more familiar with it. I like it so far, and wont be selling it. This was another blind buy that turned out well for me. It was only $20 for a 3.4oz bottle on fragrancenet.
    I'm on the fence about blind buying this as opposed to A*Men...

Would you consider it to be a sweet Gourmand?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

If the great Spicebomb could have a sweet tobacco and malt sibling it would be Animale Animale. Something about both that share a similar soothing warmth in their drydown ........opposite to A'men which can be sickening at times.

I am an unabashed fan of Animale Animale .......If only there was an intense version to go along with it .....who knows they might just do that

Animale Animale doesn't smell like Pure Malt. It does smell like Pure Havane but only for a very short time in the opening. I prefer it over Pure Malt, A*men, and Pure Havane. Reason being is because I love the odd combination of the oakmoss and chocolate.

I was getting wee hints of Pure Malt from AA last night. Not for very long mind. But the Pure Havane cues are there for sure. Funny thing is that I could detect, and could just be the dry cool air , a little Pure Leather in the drydown.
    I am just a recent convert to AA and find the scent to have that same ever changing manner that Spicebomb does. Never stuck on sweetness or spiciness for too long while having a coolness to keep it refreshing and satisfying.
    A men makes me feel self conscious as it is so heavy and cloying to many around my immediate space. AA just give enough sillage to create a sense of allure and good taste.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by stanmar; 11th January 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Oops accidentally clicked on animale vote before I saw Pure Malt. That being said Pure Malt >>>> Animale >A Men
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Banned

I'm on the fence about blind buying this as opposed to A*Men...

Would you consider it to be a sweet Gourmand?
    I wouldnt consider it to be sweet like the way rochas man is a sweet gourmand. It doest have the sweetness that others do. t is a very smooth chocolate, and IMO, a more seductive gourmand than A*Men. I still need the test the longevity and projection in different temperature settings and which applications work best, but if you are on the fence about it, the smell is wonderful. A mossy chocolate accord that makes it very smooth. for $20, it's a safe blind buy IMO. Feel free to ask me any specific questions you have if you are still unsure. But i will tell you right now, the longevity will not be able to compete with A*Men, but very few designer frags can, Le Male may not even be able to last like A*Men does.

I think I'm just going to go with Angel Men,

FragNet has it for about $43 out the door with the 20% off.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Banned

I think I'm just going to go with Angel Men,

FragNet has it for about $43 out the door with the 20% off.
    or just get em both, i plan on getting a bottle of A*Men soon as well. haha

I own all 3 and am very positive towards all of them. Best overall scent goes to Angel Men for me, with Pure Malt probably the most pleasant to those around me, while AA is the most versatile for me, and probably gets worn the most of the 3.

BTW, good to see another Huskers fan on here! I grew up in Omaha and go back there to visit pretty frequently.

I do have all 3 in my collection and I like all of them.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Pure Malt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I own all 3 and am very positive towards all of them. Best overall scent goes to Angel Men for me, with Pure Malt probably the most pleasant to those around me, while AA is the most versatile for me, and probably gets worn the most of the 3.

BTW, good to see another Huskers fan on here! I grew up in Omaha and go back there to visit pretty frequently.
    Nice man, I graduated from Millard West a couple years ago, and im now at the University of Neb. Omaha here.

Quote Originally Posted by LEBRON JAMES View Post
    Nice man, I graduated from Millard West a couple years ago, and im now at the University of Neb. Omaha here.
    Nice, I'm a Ralston man myself. My brother-in-law just started law school down in Lincoln, and my cousin finished up at Creighton not too long ago. Anyway, glad you are enjoying Animale Animale! This one was a blind buy for me from fragrancenet as well, and I was really pleased with it. It's probably the only one of the 3 that I enjoy wearing year round.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Nice, I'm a Ralston man myself. My brother-in-law just started law school down in Lincoln, and my cousin finished up at Creighton not too long ago. Anyway, glad you are enjoying Animale Animale! This one was a blind buy for me from fragrancenet as well, and I was really pleased with it. It's probably the only one of the 3 that I enjoy wearing year round.
    so far, I am getting spotty longevity with it. I wore it today and only got about 3 hours before i couldnt detect it at all on my arm, but more testing is soon to come with this one.

I feel it is impossible to overapply Animale Animale. One of the few fragrances that I will go 6-8 sprays on. If only they decide to do an extreme or intense version , I will be in scent heaven