Code of Conduct

Default Popularity of fragrances.

So, I'm curious. Does anyone have any rough estimates or something regarding the number of fragrances sold? For example: 1 Million ('masculine' one)

I've read from what people have posted about certain frag(s) being .. really popular, for example.

How popular might they ACTUALLY be? Relative to the population.

Now, 1 Million does seem like a popular fragrance, however, how many people in say... the USA even wear fragrance such as edp/edt? ~10%? ~25%? etc.

How many of that percentage even wears a particular fragrance (1 Million for example again).

I've also read about people smelling a certain fragrance around/a lot/'everywhere' or w/e.

Basically, how common are certain fragrances actually.

Can someone give me an example of in a typical night/day/week/etc how many times they think they've smelled a particular fragrance and what kind of locations (club, mall, etc.)

A mini side note that's related: Aventus seems to be really popular on this sub-forum; however, it's probably not that popular at all in the general population when it comes to owners of it, not only because of the brand not being as well known, but largely the price.

Default Re: Popularity of fragrances.

over 15 million bottles of 1 MILLION being sold since its release in July 2008

http://www.puig.com/html/en_GB/passi...cess-detail/12

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post

Hm cool, thanks. Would be cool to see stats for particular frags sold in certain countries/continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post

Interesting

I dunno for US but here in Moscow, Russia Terre d'Hermes is ALL OVER the place.
    It phased out the Aqua di Gio and Fahrenheit from those who wear
    "One man's "cat piss" is another one's "masterpiece" (popular fragrance wisdom)

My own experience: in my neck of the woods, I'd estimate 60% of men wear no fragrances every day, and another 25% wear either an Axe product or a drugstore cheapie (Brut, Old Spice, or a similar cologne). At most, 15% wear anything costing more than about $20.00, except on a special occasion. And even on those occasions, I almost never detect cologne. When I do, it's usually Acqua di Gio.

I don't go to clubs, so I can't comment about how ubiquitous scents are there.

At my workplace, out of about twelve male employees, only one other wears cologne. He wears Issey Miyake almost every day.

Out of about eight female employees, I almost never detect scents (other than shampoos and body lotions, which are sometimes quite strong). I just noticed that one female employee wears Hermes, both Concentre d'Orange Verte or Un Jardin en Mediterranee. The only reason I know is because I have both of these in my collection, although I don't think I've worn them to work.

Is there a website showing worldwide or US bottle sales?
    Last edited by barclaydetolly; 2nd January 2013 at 06:09 PM.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    My own experience: in my neck of the woods, I'd estimate 60% of men wear no fragrances every day, and another 25% wear either an Axe product or a drugstore cheapie (Brut, Old Spice, or a similar cologne). At most, 15% wear anything costing more than about $20.00, except on a special occasion. And even on those occasions, I almost never detect cologne. When I do, it's usually Acqua di Gio.

I don't go to clubs, so I can't comment about how ubiquitous scents are there.

At my workplace, out of about twelve male employees, only one other wears cologne. He wears Issey Miyake almost every day.

Out of about eight female employees, I almost never detect scents (other than shampoos and body lotions, which are sometimes quite strong). I just noticed that one female employee wears Hermes, both Concentre d'Orange Verte or Un Jardin en Mediterranee. The only reason I know is because I have both of these in my collection, although I don't think I've worn them to work.

Is there a website showing worldwide or US bottle sales?
    Nice response! Thank you. I am interested in seeing some kind of info regarding frag sales. Would be interesting.

That's pretty interesting.

CologneFan85

I don't seem to noticed if anyone is wearing One Million in DTLA. Being that I live right in that Hub " st away from the Staples Center" But I have noticed many wearing A-men this Fall Winter, and a ton of YSL de Nuit

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Designer fragrances account for two-thirds of industry sales and sell more reliably than those tied to celebrities. And the very high end fragrances(niche) make up only about 7 percent of industry sales, but Gabai-Pinsky called them "a pocket of high growth."
    Estee Lauder, which only makes "prestige" fragrances, produces some of the best selling fragrances and its partners include Coach Inc, Michael Kors Holdings Ltd and Tom Ford. *taken from Reuters article "Estee Lauder sees luxury, men key to re-igniting fragrance sales"
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I NEVER smell fragrances on guys here in the UK on a day-to-day basis. Only on nights out and special occasions.

In London you can smell them all the time. Think I even smelled someone rocking one of the fresh Kouros flankers today. Another guy had L'Instant on. I was happy to more or less recognize some of the scents as I usually don't lol