Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What are some more "barbershop" scents that I can try?

Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    I really want to get myself some 1818 after reading that, it sounds like exactly what I am after.
    Also look at Tiffany for Men and Richard James EDT if you like this type of powdery and spicy aroma. The Baron is another great powdery floral bomb. There's been a lot of discussion on the Powerhouse/Old School Group board about barbershop fragrances, so you may get some ideas looking through those threads. For the most part, barbershops will use affordable materials (Clubman, Lustray) and not high-end niche items, at least here in the States.

CologneFan85

I know this isn't a fragrance, but check out Donnie Hawleywood's Barber products, very nice unique scent. And hes a good buddy of mine. http://www.hawleywoods.com/ has grooming creams etc...you would love the scents if you are looking for that barbershop vibe.

Basenotes Plus

Davidoff Relax is the quintessential barber shop scent: Lavender, spearmint, anise, leather, moss and some vanilla among many other notes.

Original Vetiver doesn't have a barber shop vibe to me, it's just really clean.

I would suggest Mugler Cologne if you're going for a OV type smell. It's cheaper and better imo.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. I have several samples coming from the recommendations here. I have to say the notes in Relax really intrigue me. I love spearmint and haven't found it in many frags, though recently I picked up Dirty from Lush which has a nice spearmint among the herbal notes.

To my nose, incidentally, today's SOTE, namely Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood, has a slight barbershop touch of soapniess, powderiness, cleanliness and understated yesteryear classiness to it.
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Davidoff Relax is the quintessential barber shop scent: Lavender, spearmint, anise, leather, moss and some vanilla among many other notes.
    Relax is quite good.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    I know this isn't a fragrance, but check out Donnie Hawleywood's Barber products, very nice unique scent. And hes a good buddy of mine. http://www.hawleywoods.com/ has grooming creams etc...you would love the scents if you are looking for that barbershop vibe.
    Hawleywood No. 9 is a bay rum, and it's not bad.