Code of Conduct

Default New MFK releases. 5 new Absolue versions, but there's a pricey catch...

So I had just posted the news that there are the 3 new OUD's coming around April (Silk, Velvet, and Cashmere) which the rep had sampled and said they were amazing (but she uses that word pretty often of course...)and thought this one deserved a new thread (and apologies if this is old news). She just unloaded a bunch of info for some new upcoming fragrances including 5 new Absolue versions of existing fragrances.

First in September there is a new frag called Running Water which will be sold in the 6.7 oz and 2.4 oz. sizes. Described as "Divine" by the rep. All I know is that it's unisex.

Then there are 5 special edition Absolue versions that will be sold in a special enclosure that lights up when opened (similar, but smaller than the limited edition $11K offering MFK had going on here-

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/bea...ncis-kurkdjian

These will be 6.7oz sizes of

Absolue Lumiere Noire
    Absolue Amyris
    Absolue Oud
    Absolue Aqua Universalis Forte (she said she was told Aqua Universalis and we assume it's Forte
    Absolue APOM

Unfortunately price for admission is $1,500.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Default Re: New MFK releases. 5 new Absolue versions, but there's a pricey catch...

That is a little over $7.50 per ml. I would suggest a split, but the price seems outrageous even for a split. We'll see!

Default Re: New MFK releases. 5 new Absolue versions, but there's a pricey catch...

Quite pricey.

I'll spray it in my new car....Wait a minute 11k, I wasn't able to buy the car, I just spend it on a fragrance.

I didn't expect it to be this steep!!!

Very interesting.

But because they're 200ml each, does that mean they're colognes?

for swap/sale:

Price for EACH absolue 6.7 oz is $1,500? If so, ridiculous. EDT is $2.35/ml, Absolue (assume to be EDP?) is $7.50? Nope.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

The number of releases (3 new ouds, 5 absolue scents) is somewhat alarming, if your SA speaks the truth. I'd generally prefer the release of a few very good scents to a massive launch in one year like this. But who knows, maybe some of these have been in development for a while.

Also, I sincerely hope he releases non-special edition versions of these absolue fragrances at similar price levels to his original scents. I really love this house, which includes some of my favorites, but I'm put off by some of the recent pricing. I'd love to see Absolue Lumiere Noire and Absolue APOM at a similar price as Absolue pour le Soir.

For the scents that have pour homme and pour femme versions, I wonder how the absolue compares to each version (homme vs. femme).

Exactly who's going to be using up 6.7 oz of something like this ?

I suspect the "opulence" of things like this is the big selling point, but there are times when such "luxury" gives the impression that people are being played.

Ha ha ha, he is certainly testing the market. But has he priced himself out of it?

Absolue Acqua Universalis Forte?

What will we see next? Channel Allure Homme Sport Extremely Extreme?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

The concept of "absolue" and "200 ml" in the same sentence is just wrong.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I learned something new today. Kurkdjian is spelled X-E-R-J-O-F-F.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    I suspect the "opulence" of things like this is the big selling point, but there are times when such "luxury" gives the impression that people are being played.
    I agree with this. I really love this house but if it continues to go in this direction.... no way! I give up.

I would far prefer new scents rather than eternal (and more and more expensive) variations on a theme (<cough> le male <cough>).

But let's see how they smell, if anyone gets the chance, that is...

Sound Scents

I am becoming less and less enamored with this house as time passes. I love Lumiere Noir pour Homme, but their other releases have not really wowed me, and now this?!? A complete money grab for sure.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

11k? I will take that money to the bank! Thanks

11k??

Well, I can tell you that I can consider AplS as the best absolue version without testing the upcoming releases.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

You guys forgot they come in a special enclosure that lights up when opened. How 'bout them apples??
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Absolue Acqua Universalis Forte?

What will we see next? Channel Allure Homme Sport Extremely Extreme?
    LOL...Hmmm
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Make hay while the sun shines

Whats the sence to keep 99% of the conoisseurs (us, that support the niche brands) out of the game?
    7.5usd per ml, in a 200ml bottle!!! Total nonsense.
    If he dont want us buying his fragrances, well, there are 200 more houses, in the left corner, at place vendome!!
    What a shame Mr Kurkdjian! Go public telling that it was a missinformation (even if that it wasnt).

More like J-E-R-X-O-F-F.... (if the above is all true!)

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Also, I sincerely hope he releases non-special edition versions of these absolue fragrances at similar price levels to his original scents. I really love this house, which includes some of my favorites, but I'm put off by some of the recent pricing. I'd love to see Absolue Lumiere Noire and Absolue APOM at a similar price as Absolue pour le Soir.
    Same here.

Sorry I haven't won the lottery yet. Maybe next week.

Im intrigued by the running water one but yeah this pricing is ridiculous. Congrats on creating something that won't sell for those prices.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)