Code of Conduct

Default Nothing really...

Has blown me away in quite some time to warrant a bottle purchase. I am at the stage in my fragrance journey where I only want to own bottles i love and will use. I'm not a collector and have no desire to own bottles for the sake of owning frags to collect dust. I went from 40-50 bottles down to the following. These are the ones i wear and loved at my collection, and i'd love to buy something new but nothing has come across that is better than what i own or not a redundent addition if i were to purchase it.

DHI
    Aventus
    MI
    Noir d Noir
    MKF LNPH
    LIDGE
    Reflection Man
    NR Musc For Him - Currently selling this off though. never wear it.

I'm looking for something that i can wear daily and has great perfromance. As far as what type of scent, i live in Florida so i don't want something too heavy, but would like something that sets me apart, yet still pleasing to others. A perfect office scent would be great.

I guess i keep comparing everything to the list of what i have and nothing seems better in my eyes and i'm really wanting to purchase something new...i guess i just have an itch to buy new bottle

Not that age matters, but i'm 32 in case that helps.

Default Re: Nothing really...

Midnight in Paris

Creeds Jardin d' Amalfi

Raquet's Formula

Hammam Bouquet, always.

I second Jardin D'Amalfi.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

I know some other members have expressed that too. It's natural. Don't force yourself to find the next one. Just leave it alone. A discussion, a mood, a revirew, etc., may give you the inspiration sooner or later.

I commend your ability to reduce the size of your wardrobe like that. I don't consider myself a collector either but fragrances for me aren't just a matter of "regular daily wear." Yes I do wear them everyday but I have some that are for special moods and conditions. I need the variety. Scents have always had that sort of influence on me. I don't want to just smell nice.
    That being said, I reduced my numbers too but have a hard time going below 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Raquet's Formula
    +1 -- Really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Creeds Jardin d' Amalfi

How's the performance on this one? Very pricey juice, so i would hope it does well...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Raquet's Formula
    never heard of this...will need to check it out. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

last time i was really blown away and bought a bottle was for MFK LNPH..It was a must have at first sniff. Its hard to say exaclty what type of scent i am looking for since i'm open, but just nothing too heavy or incense based since it won't get any use with this climate. I did have chergui a while back and sold it off, its the one item i sometimes wonder if i should have kept..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    I know some other members have expressed that too. It's natural. Don't force yourself to find the next one. Just leave it alone. A discussion, a mood, a revirew, etc., may give you the inspiration sooner or later.

I commend your ability to reduce the size of your wardrobe like that. I don't consider myself a collector either but fragrances for me aren't just a matter of "regular daily wear." Yes I do wear them everyday but I have some that are for special moods and conditions. I need the variety. Scents have always had that sort of influence on me. I don't want to just smell nice.
    That being said, I reduced my numbers too but have a hard time going below 30.
    Thanks RM. Trust me it wasn't easy, but i realized that i don't need X amount of bottles to show that i love fragrances. I need the ones i love, which is what i'm doing. It sure feels nice to get rid of all that clutter and taking the time to enjoy the fragrances i do have, instead of always being on the hunt to acquire the next best thing. Plus, it makes buying a fragrance even that more special, since it won't happne as often and something to look foward to.

Noir Gabardine

[QUOTE=persianprince;2950410]How's the performance on this one? Very pricey juice, so i would hope it does well...

I get about eight hours out of this one on my skin so I'm very happy with the 50ml split I got of this. It really is a gorgeous scent!

Liaisons Dangereuses By Kilian, in case you haven't tried it yet.

[QUOTE=Jack Hunter;2950499]
    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    How's the performance on this one? Very pricey juice, so i would hope it does well...

I get about eight hours out of this one on my skin so I'm very happy with the 50ml split I got of this. It really is a gorgeous scent!
    Thanks Jack. I'll try to get a sample of this stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

Two items i am considering are Cruel Intentions and possibly revisiting Chergui.