Code of Conduct

Thread: New to BNs

Default New to BNs

I was compelled to join while trying to upgrade my fragrance collection.

Glad to be here.

My only complaint is that new users can't make threads in the marketplace section. I actually completely understand this stance in an attempt to protect users from fraud, but it would be really nice for a new user like me to be able to post a "Want-to-Buy" thread, to alert users of some fragrances I'm looking for.

My two cents.

My current rotation is listed below. I'm currently looking to purchase some Versace and Prada frags.

Also any advice on getting free samples of designer stuff? This seems to be more of a chore than it was years ago.

Glad to be here!

Christian
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Default Re: New to BNs

Welcome to you! Enjoy your learning experience here on Basenotes.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Basenotes! You can buy from the marketplace just not post there yet, but you can try emailing or calling companies with fragrances you are interested in. I had good luck with emailing L'Artisian which is more niche, but they sent 5 or 6 samples I requested. A lot of companies just aren't giving away samples anymore unless your in their store. You can buy samples from My Perfume Samples of designer frags for $1.99 a piece there if you can't find them free.
    Good Luck on your scented Journey!
    Much like hearing a piece of music that can instantly take you back to a certain time and place, the faintest trace of a fragrance can evoke strong memories and powerful reactions from within.-Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post

Also any advice on getting free samples of designer stuff? This seems to be more of a chore than it was years ago.

Glad to be here!

Christian
    Check out this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/206...t=free+samples

Sephora makes free samples of whatever you want. Nordstrom and Neiman & Marcus does as well.

Being that you want designer I think Sephora would be your best bet.

vvelcome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    ... Also any advice on getting free samples of designer stuff? This seems to be more of a chore than it was years ago.

Glad to be here!

Christian
    Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Sephora makes free samples of whatever you want. Nordstrom and Neiman & Marcus does as well.

Being that you want designer I think Sephora would be your best bet.

Welcome to Basenotes, Christian!

I agree with frosticy above -- go to Sephora and you'll find several designer fragrances available for sample/test. Just ask the SA and they will fill up vials for you. In the nearest Nordstrom here, they have jars of empty sprays vials in the Mens' fragrance section and you can fill up as many as you want and the SA won't even bother you.

I don't have a Nordstrom local. My local Sephora has a two sample limit and I feel a little awkward returning over and over for samples.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt