Code of Conduct

Default Creed spice & wood review

applied a sample tonight after showering at the gym...opening has a light citrusy opening(smelled a little bit like orange to me) and drydown is light woods and musk...applied 2 sprays to l forearm and 1 to r forearm...4 hours later i arrived home and a family member told me i stunk and smelled offensive....i told the her the fragrance smelled like woods and she said said "smells like rotting woods, you stink".

i thought the fragrance was nice.
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: Creed spice & wood review

Sorry to hear that. Didn't try S&W yet. I will when I get an opportunity. Hope I don't get the same result. If you like the scent then rock on man.

Interesting. And depressing! It happens to be one of my absolute favorite fragrances!

You sure you didn't put it on, then shower, then go to the gym? lol

Certainly try it again and maybe ask someone else or a few people what they think.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I like Spice & Wood, but I feel as though this fragrance could have been done much better. I give the opening a 10 out of 10. However, the dry down loses its natural vibe and gets a bit synthetic. If they made the dry down less synthetic, this would have been one of my favorite fragrances. It also reminds me of Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir, another fragrance I enjoy.

I also like this one although I would have liked to have seen it project a bit more.

Overcome By Fumes

Rotting wood...wow...I need to try this!

FWIW this is by far my favorite fragrance. I have gotten more compliments wearing it, than anything else. More importantly, whenever I get a whiff throughout the day I just smile. Of course, in fairness, most people aren't rude, so perhaps some don't like it and just remain quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I like Spice & Wood, but I feel as though this fragrance could have been done much better. I give the opening a 10 out of 10. However, the dry down loses its natural vibe and gets a bit synthetic. If they made the dry down less synthetic, this would have been one of my favorite fragrances.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    applied a sample tonight after showering at the gym...opening has a light citrusy opening(smelled a little bit like orange to me) and drydown is light woods and musk...applied 2 sprays to l forearm and 1 to r forearm...4 hours later i arrived home and a family member told me i stunk and smelled offensive....i told the her the fragrance smelled like woods and she said said "smells like rotting woods, you stink".

i thought the fragrance was nice.
    Rotting woods? Hmm, I disagree. I have a rapport with the Lady at Saks and she let me come in three straight days to actually spray Spice and Wood straight from the bottle, no sample. I sprayed one on each side of back of neck, one on chest (I was dressed nice with button down shirts), and one on each wrist with sleeve rolled up half way. Let me tell you on my skin I received a Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur from the 70's and 80's vibe! I love it. Several Women at the fragrance counter and a dude said Spice and Wood is perfect on my skin. My lady said it was masculine and wanted to keep her nose on my skin. The drydown was constantly evolving and did so for six hours before settling into a sweet Sandalwood musk, the citrus remained slightly in the end and was still noticeable after ten hours. The following mornings I sniffed my shirts and oh boy, I can just feel my wallet getting lighter and I still had pajamas on. (Yes I wear pajamas in the winter) The 8.4 is too much fragrance and I decided I will purchase it this week from Creed in the 1oz and wear it on occasions. I'll try it on a warm evening that's about it, it's not a warm weather daytime scent.

Good Luck,

C

I don't get orange whatsoever. I do get an apple note and after looking it up, appears to be an official note. I love this fragrance but it seems the pepper accord, or whatever it is was giving me a headache with ample application.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

i tried this fragrance 2 more times and it has been giving me a headache as well...it smells nice on clothing 24 hours post application though...i agree that it smells kind of synthetic...half of my decant is gone now because it has been leaking around the cap into my gym bag
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

I tried this not long ago too. I probably applied too much for my first wearing and got the headache that some people have mentioned above. It was a scrubber at the time, although I couldn't get to a shower or sink quickly enough, I have learnt my lesson never to try out a new scent unless I am at home!

But the second wearing it really felt bad - an element of sweetness that was a bit cloying, the wrong kind of 'spice' for me and barely any traditional 'wood' notes. So I gave up on it.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I also like this one although I would have liked to have seen it project a bit more.
    agreed. My chief complaint as well. It is a compliment getter though.

I have to try this one, on my list

I wore it on the back of my hand 2 days ago. It doesn't project which leaves you wanting to spray more and what little I had on did proceed to give me a headache. I wished the pepper/spice note was removed, more fresh apple and woods with some ambergris.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I got a sample of this stuff and figured it would be right up my alley. Was very surprised how this smells, way to much of a old school powerhouse vibe. It reminds me of Old Spice..so pass for me and not looking back.