Code of Conduct
    Overcome By Fumes

Default Jaipur Homme Fresh, Fraicheur, freshest?

Jaipur Homme was the first fragrance I purchased when I first got into fragrances, and I still like it quite a bit.

I've come across some limited edition flankers over the years but am wondering if there is any difference between the fragrances labeled Fraicheur or Fraicheur Epicee or any other versions.

Are there any Boucheron or Jaipur Homme fans who have grabbed each one as they come and compared?

Default Re: Jaipur Homme Fresh, Fraicheur, freshest?

As far as I know, there are at least three versions. I've tried the one with the decorated bottle that has the motif of a sun and tree branches. The color of the box and the printing is in silver. This edition (year?) has a pronounced patchouli note and is only slightly reminiscent of the original. It is absolutely gorgeous. Of course the original is a masterpiece.
    The other one I've tried is the LE (2009?) with the clear bottle and a metal plate bearing the name. This one I find more similar to the original just a little less spice and more wood. Also wonderful.
    I haven't experienced the Epicee version.
    Overall, a great set of fragrance family.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Jaipur Homme was the first fragrance I purchased when I first got into fragrances, and I still like it quite a bit.

I've come across some limited edition flankers over the years but am wondering if there is any difference between the fragrances labeled Fraicheur or Fraicheur Epicee or any other versions.

Are there any Boucheron or Jaipur Homme fans who have grabbed each one as they come and compared?
    Just where did you see the Fraicheur and Epicee version?

On line ONLY. I got mine on eBay. So Amazon etc or e-trailers and ebay.
    The first one I mention (year?) impossible to find now. The other one with clear bottle/metal plate and the Epicee more common.

Bought the Fraicheur when it first came out at Nordstroms. Quite different from the original.

Hednic, which bottle design is this and do you remember what year?

Overcome By Fumes

Renaissance_Man: You have me quite intrigued at the description of a decorated bottle and of a version with more patchouli. Do you recall with which specific name this was labelled?

Hi docluv45,
    This version, like the other one, is simply called Fraicheur (Not Epicee). It's just that they came out at different times. I wish they had done a better job differentiating them. I really would like to find a bottle of that again myself.

Fraicheur is easier to wear as the name suggests, but both versions wore me down in the end -- just too powdery imo. I always think of Jaipur fragrances as a stepping stone to better things.

Overcome By Fumes

Well, I have acquired bottles of the Fraicheur bottles with the chrome name plate and with the sun and branch motif. Interestingly, the boxes in which they came were almost identical, including the ingredient list. Comparison of the scents side by side over the course of hours revealed them to be identical in smell.

So, there is no difference in the fragrance of either of the Jaipur Homme Fraicheur, but the Epicee does seem to be different.