Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Is my Acqua Di Gio real

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Moved the thread, but in future, can you please 'report' the thread to us (use the button at the bottom left of each post - you only need to submit the report for any one post in the thread) and give us a brief explanation.

Basenotes Plus

For anyone reading, Acqua di Gio (Pour Homme) is probably one of, if not the, most counterfeited fragrance out there - and they've gotten good at it. It can maybe sometimes be pretty damn hard to distinguish the real from fake based on bottle/presentation.

Just buy from a reputable place or retail in this case. Also Tom Ford Private Blends and ALL Chanel (unless discontinued vintage or something, or someone you trust/Facebook group maybe/etc.)
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    its real..
    Hi Man, Kindly please have a final look. I have one day more to return it and get the refund. The shopowner is very honest and he takes returns. But I know, he sells things in good faith. I went to nearby shops and tried the latest versions, and those have night and day difference. Although it's a fresh scent, still that one (I attached the photos) I have, has a bite of something jasmine/ cedar etc. which is completely absent in recent bottles (and again saw lots of different bottles and versions). Also there is an article about Acqua di Gio EDT on a link called the counterfeitr report.com (which may not be allowed to share directly, but I have gone through it and the real version exactly matches with the bottle I have. It's not about money or something that I am feeling confused, it is about the authenticity. I am sure, I wont' find this anywhere. That's why I wish to have few of my favourite popular mainstream fragrances along with my niche bottles.

54203979_2843614738982840_1610573681862377472_n.jpg53903840_489363341595555_439185862287163392_n.jpg53723722_295068957835078_6381156138573889536_n (1).jpg53532416_843871772613319_383436873252470784_n.jpg

Ahh I didn't even realize this was a 6 year old thread being bumped. Wow, why can't people just make new threads??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman207 View Post
    I have a fake ans a real one I purchased from Macy’s, and the only difference on inspection is the fake has that thin lip on the inside of the cap. My fake looks exactly like the one pictured above that is in question. I also got my fake on Ebay from a highly rated seller for $35. I would guess regardless of seller rating that nearly all of those that are so far off from normal retail price are fake when talking about ADG.
    Probably the same seller I got mine from. They smell very close too, with the fake one being a little less "crisp" i would say. As you said though, the main and most noticable difference is the cap inside. I think that there may be a possibility too that it may not be fake, and could just be older stock, and that they may have changed the bottle. It's hard to be sure. It's always most reassuring to buy from reputable sellers, and try to avoid Ebay, especially for extremely popular designer brands that are notorious for being counterfeit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Matt View Post
    Hi Man, Kindly please have a final look. I have one day more to return it and get the refund. The shopowner is very honest and he takes returns. But I know, he sells things in good faith. I went to nearby shops and tried the latest versions, and those have night and day difference. Although it's a fresh scent, still that one (I attached the photos) I have, has a bite of something jasmine/ cedar etc. which is completely absent in recent bottles (and again saw lots of different bottles and versions). Also there is an article about Acqua di Gio EDT on a link called the counterfeitr report.com (which may not be allowed to share directly, but I have gone through it and the real version exactly matches with the bottle I have. It's not about money or something that I am feeling confused, it is about the authenticity. I am sure, I wont' find this anywhere. That's why I wish to have few of my favourite popular mainstream fragrances along with my niche bottles.

54203979_2843614738982840_1610573681862377472_n.jpg53903840_489363341595555_439185862287163392_n.jpg53723722_295068957835078_6381156138573889536_n (1).jpg53532416_843871772613319_383436873252470784_n.jpg
    According to checkfresh.com you have a 2007 AdG batch, now being 12 years later would probably explains the slight smell differential, because it's likely it was reformulated to some degree in this time frame. AdG has been through several reformulations, if you look through threads and posts, you will find more info on it. I think it's authentic, just older. Thought I don't have the time to research what the older inner caps look like, that's something you can do to determine if it's fake or just old stock.

checkfresh.com is a very dependable site for checking batch codes. The thing I noticed with fakes vs old stock though.. fakes generally won't do any batch codes at all, which is usually the dead giveaway that it's a fake. While older stock will have batch codes, which you can check to almost guarantee their authenticity.

As I think in this instance, as well as my previous ebay mishap, as well as the other gentleman who got from the same Ebay seller (most likely), just older stock.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Adidas Moves by Adidas

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Ahh I didn't even realize this was a 6 year old thread being bumped. Wow, why can't people just make new threads??

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the same seller I got mine from. They smell very close too, with the fake one being a little less "crisp" i would say. As you said though, the main and most noticable difference is the cap inside. I think that there may be a possibility too that it may not be fake, and could just be older stock, and that they may have changed the bottle. It's hard to be sure. It's always most reassuring to buy from reputable sellers, and try to avoid Ebay, especially for extremely popular designer brands that are notorious for being counterfeit.

- - - Updated - - -

According to checkfresh.com you have a 2007 AdG batch, now being 12 years later would probably explains the slight smell differential, because it's likely it was reformulated to some degree in this time frame. AdG has been through several reformulations, if you look through threads and posts, you will find more info on it. I think it's authentic, just older. Thought I don't have the time to research what the older inner caps look like, that's something you can do to determine if it's fake or just old stock.

checkfresh.com is a very dependable site for checking batch codes. The thing I noticed with fakes vs old stock though.. fakes generally won't do any batch codes at all, which is usually the dead giveaway that it's a fake. While older stock will have batch codes, which you can check to almost guarantee their authenticity.

As I think in this instance, as well as my previous ebay mishap, as well as the other gentleman who got from the same Ebay seller (most likely), just older stock.
    Thank you so very very very much for your kind reply and taking the time for your opinion on this issue. I am going to keep it. I bought it from a physical cosmetic shop and the person has always keep the refund options for me. As they have a pretty big business (they have 4 shops) they don't mind to refund. But I will keep this, as this lasts whole day This bottle I have (above photos ) has the punch of Issey Miyake L'idessey Pour homme type punch and bite, which I smelled almost 10 years back on ADG. Although this is unique. Thanks a bunch again. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Matt View Post
    Thank you so very very very much for your kind reply and taking the time for your opinion on this issue. I am going to keep it. I bought it from a physical cosmetic shop and the person has always keep the refund options for me. As they have a pretty big business (they have 4 shops) they don't mind to refund. But I will keep this, as this lasts whole day This bottle I have (above photos ) has the punch of Issey Miyake L'idessey Pour homme type punch and bite, which I smelled almost 10 years back on ADG. Although this is unique. Thanks a bunch again. Take care
    Very happy for you! Enjoy the scent!

Quote Originally Posted by latinnote View Post
    very happy for you! Enjoy the scent!
    thanks again.☺

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    * AdG was one of the earlier fragrances I purchased when I first started the hobby.
    * I bought it on ebay from a reputable seller, for like $45
    * I looked at several youtube videos, and I don't see anything ostensibly wrong with my bottle.
    * The sticker at the bottom word or word is accurate, no misspellings or anything out of place. But there are airbubbles in the sticker
    * I'm either convinced that my bottle is legit or a VERY VERY convincing looking fake
    * It is scratched a little bit, but that was my doing. It didn't come like that
    * The black circle inside the black circle of the sprayer is not at center, but a little bit to the upper left.
    * As for the smell, it smells just like the one I remember at the store, but it's been a while. The projection is good but the longevity is only a couple of hours (is this normal).
    * My camera is low quality and the lighting isn't great
    * I'll go to a store and look at their bottles, but right now I just want your opinion
    * I threw away the box a long time ago.

Attachment 18369
    Attachment 18370
    Attachment 18371
    Attachment 18372
    Attachment 18373
    Sorry, It's Fake
    Every ignorance will be paid by cash