Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Is my Acqua Di Gio real

* AdG was one of the earlier fragrances I purchased when I first started the hobby.
    * I bought it on ebay from a reputable seller, for like $45
    * I looked at several youtube videos, and I don't see anything ostensibly wrong with my bottle.
    * The sticker at the bottom word or word is accurate, no misspellings or anything out of place. But there are airbubbles in the sticker
    * I'm either convinced that my bottle is legit or a VERY VERY convincing looking fake
    * It is scratched a little bit, but that was my doing. It didn't come like that
    * The black circle inside the black circle of the sprayer is not at center, but a little bit to the upper left.
    * As for the smell, it smells just like the one I remember at the store, but it's been a while. The projection is good but the longevity is only a couple of hours (is this normal).
    * My camera is low quality and the lighting isn't great
    * I'll go to a store and look at their bottles, but right now I just want your opinion
    * I threw away the box a long time ago.

IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0130.jpg
    IMAG0129.jpg

Default Re: Is my Acqua Di Gio real

Looks fine to me.

Sorry, but what exactly is causing you to question its authenticity!? From what you have written about it I fail to understand why you'd be suspicious. It looks legit to me too.

I'm sure it's fine.

Basenotes Plus

Nothing that stands out as a fake to me. That sticker looks awful though but you said you've owned it for a while. Was the eBay member a top seller? You can basically be rest assured it's real if they have that yellow ribbon next to their name.

Looks good to me.

The fake AdG bottles are the most perfect copies I have ever seen. I bought one several years ago for about $40 and figured out it was fake after about 6 months. The smell is pretty good too but when you test it at the mall you will see the difference.

I think its fake just because of the price you paid....... sorry.

There is such a high demand at all times for AdG that real bottles are very hard to find for more than a few dollars off retail.

Aah, I get it now - I forget how big a difference there is between $45 and £45 sometimes! I also now share the OP's suspicions.

Likely fake if you didnt pay at least $65 for it, unless you bought it from someone in the community.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I compared your photos to a bottle that was recently gifted to me and purchased from Macys. The bottles look identical. I would not worry about it.

CologneFan85

Does it smell like it? If so....who cares right? I'm kidding, well kinda. I think its real

Banned
    Blog Entries

Actually, I think I'm siding with heperd on this one.

Acqua Di Gio isn't just one of the best-sellers, it is THE best seller. So counterfeit markets have perfected immitating by now.

It's look like it's the real thing, but that's the point. Counterfeits of best selling fragrances are made very close now.

Even the font is identical, and the font on the bottle is very specific.

It still smells good and gets compliments, but I do think it's a little different from the one in the store.

I'll have to go to the store and check.

For now, I'm assuming it's fake.

I get quite a few ppl trying to return AdG at my counter every year. One of the main things to look for is the glass "rim" on the bottom of the bottle. I have never seen a real AdG bottle where the rim wasn't nicely pronounced and to the naked eye seems well centered and has an even border around the bottle. Also look at the stem inside the bottle, in fakes this is usually thicker and sometimes bends to the wrong side. From what I remember the stem in the real bottle goes to the right if you are looking at the front of the bottle, but I will check this tomorrow and try to take some pics of the differences. I think we kept a fake on hand for training and comparison purposes. Check the above on your bottle and see how it matches up.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Looks good from the photos

OK, I was hoping to get more pics, but we had a delivery today. Here is a pic of what a good edge on the bottle looks like:

I was wrong about the stem. In the real AdG bottles the stem goes straight down, the fakes bend off to the sides.
    Someone said that the testers come with caps and indeed they do, or at least the ones I have.
    Hope this helps a little
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Anyone got a pic of what a fake edge on the bottom looks like?

As to one of your original questions (on longevity), I have an old bottle that I bought from a Macy's or somewhere like that, and I never remember the longevity being fantastic.

I just checked checkcosmetics.net and the lot number on the bottom of your bottle checks out to being produced in July of 2010. Based on this and your pictures I'm inclined to say it's real.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Basenotes Member

May I also request a verification guys? :)

Received this 6.7 oz bottle from some kind of giveaway recently, I guess around 1 oz is used already.
    Here are some pics:

- The stem is not straight
    - The sprayer is NOT leaking
    - I can lift the bottle by holding it from the cap, so it's not loose

Longevity seems to be a few hours, it's not amazing but since I hadn't used ADG before I can't tell whether that's right or not. I have to say it was a very cold day, as it is winter here though.

Could anyone help me out?