Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fragrance: Scotch & Soda Barfly

From nstperfume.com:

Dutch clothing brand Scotch & Soda has launched their debut fragrance, Barfly for men:

After several years of building and expanding their brand, the creative team at Scotch & Soda have realised a long lived dream and proudly present their first men’s fragrance entitled BARFLY.

Much like our clothing, the perfume has its own character and is full of details. The creative team had a strong idea about how Barfly should smell and the feeling it had to evoke. Terms like intense but simple, young and transparent had to be translated into a scent.

The notes include calone, anise, pepper, basil, cardamom, orange, mandarin, lemon, lavender, spike oil, jasmine, sandalwood, cedar, vanilla and “high class white musk notes”.

Scotch & Soda Barfly is 40€ for 50 ml Eau de Toilette.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Fragrance: Scotch & Soda Barfly

Stupid question: what is spike oil?

Perhaps it's spiked with oil? Would a barfly do that? I'm going to google that one. Sounds interesting Petrucc.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Stupid question: what is spike oil?
    Pale yellow essential oil obtained from spike lavender used in scenting soaps and cosmetics.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking by "spike oil", they were referring to Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)...one of my favorite notes in perfumery along with patchouli.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

The name is positively Christopher Brosius-esque.

Barfly, something Charles Bukowski would like to wear?

I really don't care much for the Scotch & Soda clothing line but maybe the fragrance is going to be good.
    I will give it a try the next time I am near a Scotch & Soda store.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really get "barfly" from the notes. This sounds way too clean for a name like that; I'd be expecting something a lot boozier!

I hate the word "barfly". It should be two words. Otherwise, I always thought it looked like Barf-ly.

Interesting looking scent though.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Post Thanks / Like

I will be buying this one shortly.. Scotch & Soda is my favorite brand for clothing.. and I keep smelling the sample card I received with my t-shirts.. at first it doesn't seem anything special.. but this one's addicting..
    unico grande amore.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought spiked oil was obtained from blue poppies from the Himalayas, as mentioned long ago in one of L'Oreal's add for ones of their scents.

BTW, according to someone in the cosmetic industry: 1. Poppies don't smell; 2. There are no blue poppies; 3. Poppies don't grow in the Himalayas.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely LOVE the Scotch and Soda clothing line....I have several shirts and sweaters by them and they are great!!!! I will certainly by checking out the fragrance when it hits the stores!

This sounds interesting.....Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

In some countries they'll kill you for mixing whisky with soda.

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this...did anyone snag a free sample of Barfly from the S&S website? I just got mine in the mail tonight but have yet to test it. Honestly, my hopes aren't that high, but we'll see.

Here's the link to request a sample FYI:

http://www.scotch-soda.com/trybarfly/
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Post Thanks / Like

My sample arrived yesterday, I applied it a couple hours ago. It starts out with a blast of alcohol and calone which give an initial impression of a cheap drugstore sport fragrance. Over the first 30 minutes or so the calone does settle down and recede a bit, thankfully. It smooths out and reveals a nicely blended heart accord, light in nature with fairly tame projection. The notes listed seem pretty accurate, with nothing standing out too aggressively. The vanilla and sandalwood add a nice creamy impression. It does remain somewhat synthetic all the way through, but pleasant. Not a bad fragrance, and I think fits well at the price point they're selling it.

This does start out rather generic but the drydown is what sells this fragrance. Really nice!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??