Code of Conduct

Default angel men NOT a projecting beast

all i hear is angel men projects like crazy blah blah. When i try to test the projection of a fragrance what i do is that i take a shirt and spray it twice with the fragrance than leave it in a room with a door closed. after an hour or two i go in to the room and see if i can smell it. I tried that with one million and after hour or two it filled the entire room up. When i tried it with angel men it didn't get anywhere close to that considering alot people saying it projects like a monster. I tested it again on my skin, i sprayed it than for the first hour people can smell it than after hour or 2 it gets close to the skin, its still there but not projecting. It lasts a good 10 hours but doesn't project.

Default Re: angel men NOT a projecting beast

Not surprising. I think they have shackled this former beast through reformulation

I have always had great projection with A*Men. Suprising.

If this is true I might finally buy a bottle and retire my bottle of Animale Animale. So I guess now instead of a maximum of 2 sprays of A*men you'll have to go 3.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ramizlol View Post
    all i hear is angel men projects like crazy blah blah. When i try to test the projection of a fragrance what i do is that i take a shirt and spray it twice with the fragrance than leave it in a room with a door closed. after an hour or two i go in to the room and see if i can smell it. I tried that with one million and after hour or two it filled the entire room up. When i tried it with angel men it didn't get anywhere close to that considering alot people saying it projects like a monster. I tested it again on my skin, i sprayed it than for the first hour people can smell it than after hour or 2 it gets close to the skin, its still there but not projecting. It lasts a good 10 hours but doesn't project.
    Agree, not nearly as strong (to me) as a lot of people report it to be.

"2 sprays and you can smell it from 10 feet away" yea not here -.-

I have a 2004 A*Men that had people 3 rows of seats above me smelling it. This is all anecdotal, of course, but I can vouch confidently for its sillage from 9 years of experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I have a 2004 A*Men that had people 3 rows of seats above me smelling it. This is all anecdotal, of course, but I can vouch confidently for its sillage from 9 years of experience with it.
    Yeah, I got a 30ml bottle and I would say the same. Bought it about a couple years ago. I wouldn't imagine ever spraying this on my neck area, too cloying. I mainly spray this on my wrists and it'd last me a good 10-12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Not surprising. I think they have shackled this former beast through reformulation
    +1

My decant of A*Men has similiar projection and longevity as Pure Malt. Its still better than average designer scent but far from sample that I had few years ago or monsters like Montales.
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I really hate reformulations and the fear of it occuring to my favorite scents...!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this is why I back up bottles of my favorite scents REALLY MADLY!

Doesn't project? You can smell this stuff coming off someone at the opposite end of a football pitch.

I still get great projection out of it. 3 sprays is more than enough for me.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Yes. I noticed several years ago that A*Men is no longer the projection beast that it once was. It has definitely been re-formulated.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Yes. I noticed several years ago that A*Men is no longer the projection beast that it once was. It has definitely been re-formulated.
    Can't we just celebrate this?

Projection is not beastly on my skin although its still quite good. As far as longevity goes that's a totally different story (15-20 hours)

Good to go here!

I was surprised how little mine projected as well. Longevity is not great either.

When I tested this horrid fragrance years ago I was on the phone to my girlfriend who was in Brazil visiting her family and I was stuck in England. Half way through the conversation on the phone she stops and says she can smell something really awful and sickening. I was shocked as I told her I had just applied A*Men and she could smell it from Brazil.

Hows that for projection!

I'm training to be an astronaut. One day I put on Angel Men by mistake on launch day. The guys at mission control could still smell it on the launch pad even after a billion tons of rocket fuel and flame had sent me into orbit

I'm working in the sewers of London. Ever since I apply one spritz of A*Men before going to work my colleagues say it smells like a chocolate factory down there and not like Kouros anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If this is true I might finally buy a bottle and retire my bottle of Animale Animale. So I guess now instead of a maximum of 2 sprays of A*men you'll have to go 3.
    I have recently received Animale Animale how many sprays do you need to put on? mine doesn't seem to project

I'm not getting any projection with my 2010-11 bottle. Friends have to get too close to smell it... it's dissapointing as many of its cheap copies projects better than my original AMen...
    It's quite weaker than the testers i tried back in the day, and much closer to the skin than fragrances like Jaipur EDP, Costume National Homme, L'Instant, etc...
    I'm quite depressed...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It projects very well for me, especially for the first 4-5 hours.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    When I tested this horrid fragrance years ago I was on the phone to my girlfriend who was in Brazil visiting her family and I was stuck in England. Half way through the conversation on the phone she stops and says she can smell something really awful and sickening. I was shocked as I told her I had just applied A*Men and she could smell it from Brazil.

Hows that for projection!
    I really doubt she could smell it through a phone. I don't think that something like that would be possible.

CologneFan85

That is your experience...most have high projection.

1 word. Reformulation.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    I really doubt she could smell it through a phone. I don't think that something like that would be possible.
    Lol. Really?
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

I knows I might be anosmic when I cant smell Yves M7. are you sure that monster really doesnt project? there's a chance you might be anosmic
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    lol. Really?
    lol

It's been reformulated probably. It will last the usual 7+ but it ain't loud.

Head's up IMO 1 Million also not a projection beast anymore and likely reformulated, maybe only first several minutes.

Maybe you got the xyz2000 batch.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

how do you know what batch you got?

- - - Updated - - -

i agree with you! I have never tried one million when it was first released but it does project like crazy the first hour after that it projects like a normal cologne which is not bad since i wear it to school

Blog Entries

Never had the pleasure of trying the original formulation, but the current A*Men is a projection monster on my skin.

So far, the projection was way above average at any application - but then again, I was only testing this one, never got to own and wear it thoroughly, in order to examine its projection over a longer period of wearing.

Im using A*MEN everyday and i get 8 hours projection

Less projection would be an improvement for those around you.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    Less projection would be an improvement for those around you.
    DENIED
    Women love this stuff

My skin tends to eat the projection of most scents, but Angel Men usually projects very well and lasts for ages.
    But it is not fair to compare it to One Million, that one is a tenacious chemical weapon... Oh the horror.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I have never had projection from this fragrance. I have stated here before I get a very personal close to the skin skin scent after an hour of spraying. For the price they charge it could give a little more heck Joop 75% cheaper and gives 110% better projection.