Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default angel men NOT a projecting beast

all i hear is angel men projects like crazy blah blah. When i try to test the projection of a fragrance what i do is that i take a shirt and spray it twice with the fragrance than leave it in a room with a door closed. after an hour or two i go in to the room and see if i can smell it. I tried that with one million and after hour or two it filled the entire room up. When i tried it with angel men it didn't get anywhere close to that considering alot people saying it projects like a monster. I tested it again on my skin, i sprayed it than for the first hour people can smell it than after hour or 2 it gets close to the skin, its still there but not projecting. It lasts a good 10 hours but doesn't project.

Default Re: angel men NOT a projecting beast

Not surprising. I think they have shackled this former beast through reformulation

I have always had great projection with A*Men. Suprising.

If this is true I might finally buy a bottle and retire my bottle of Animale Animale. So I guess now instead of a maximum of 2 sprays of A*men you'll have to go 3.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ramizlol View Post
    all i hear is angel men projects like crazy blah blah. When i try to test the projection of a fragrance what i do is that i take a shirt and spray it twice with the fragrance than leave it in a room with a door closed. after an hour or two i go in to the room and see if i can smell it. I tried that with one million and after hour or two it filled the entire room up. When i tried it with angel men it didn't get anywhere close to that considering alot people saying it projects like a monster. I tested it again on my skin, i sprayed it than for the first hour people can smell it than after hour or 2 it gets close to the skin, its still there but not projecting. It lasts a good 10 hours but doesn't project.
    Agree, not nearly as strong (to me) as a lot of people report it to be.

"2 sprays and you can smell it from 10 feet away" yea not here -.-

I have a 2004 A*Men that had people 3 rows of seats above me smelling it. This is all anecdotal, of course, but I can vouch confidently for its sillage from 9 years of experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I have a 2004 A*Men that had people 3 rows of seats above me smelling it. This is all anecdotal, of course, but I can vouch confidently for its sillage from 9 years of experience with it.
    Yeah, I got a 30ml bottle and I would say the same. Bought it about a couple years ago. I wouldn't imagine ever spraying this on my neck area, too cloying. I mainly spray this on my wrists and it'd last me a good 10-12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Not surprising. I think they have shackled this former beast through reformulation
    +1

My decant of A*Men has similiar projection and longevity as Pure Malt. Its still better than average designer scent but far from sample that I had few years ago or monsters like Montales.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    Currently wearing: Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I really hate reformulations and the fear of it occuring to my favorite scents...!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this is why I back up bottles of my favorite scents REALLY MADLY!

Doesn't project? You can smell this stuff coming off someone at the opposite end of a football pitch.

I still get great projection out of it. 3 sprays is more than enough for me.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Yes. I noticed several years ago that A*Men is no longer the projection beast that it once was. It has definitely been re-formulated.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Yes. I noticed several years ago that A*Men is no longer the projection beast that it once was. It has definitely been re-formulated.
    Can't we just celebrate this?

Projection is not beastly on my skin although its still quite good. As far as longevity goes that's a totally different story (15-20 hours)

Good to go here!

I was surprised how little mine projected as well. Longevity is not great either.

When I tested this horrid fragrance years ago I was on the phone to my girlfriend who was in Brazil visiting her family and I was stuck in England. Half way through the conversation on the phone she stops and says she can smell something really awful and sickening. I was shocked as I told her I had just applied A*Men and she could smell it from Brazil.

Hows that for projection!

I'm training to be an astronaut. One day I put on Angel Men by mistake on launch day. The guys at mission control could still smell it on the launch pad even after a billion tons of rocket fuel and flame had sent me into orbit

I'm working in the sewers of London. Ever since I apply one spritz of A*Men before going to work my colleagues say it smells like a chocolate factory down there and not like Kouros anymore.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If this is true I might finally buy a bottle and retire my bottle of Animale Animale. So I guess now instead of a maximum of 2 sprays of A*men you'll have to go 3.
    I have recently received Animale Animale how many sprays do you need to put on? mine doesn't seem to project

I'm not getting any projection with my 2010-11 bottle. Friends have to get too close to smell it... it's dissapointing as many of its cheap copies projects better than my original AMen...
    It's quite weaker than the testers i tried back in the day, and much closer to the skin than fragrances like Jaipur EDP, Costume National Homme, L'Instant, etc...
    I'm quite depressed...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It projects very well for me, especially for the first 4-5 hours.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    When I tested this horrid fragrance years ago I was on the phone to my girlfriend who was in Brazil visiting her family and I was stuck in England. Half way through the conversation on the phone she stops and says she can smell something really awful and sickening. I was shocked as I told her I had just applied A*Men and she could smell it from Brazil.

Hows that for projection!
    I really doubt she could smell it through a phone. I don't think that something like that would be possible.

CologneFan85

That is your experience...most have high projection.

1 word. Reformulation.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    I really doubt she could smell it through a phone. I don't think that something like that would be possible.
    Lol. Really?
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

I knows I might be anosmic when I cant smell Yves M7. are you sure that monster really doesnt project? there's a chance you might be anosmic
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    lol. Really?
    lol

It's been reformulated probably. It will last the usual 7+ but it ain't loud.

Head's up IMO 1 Million also not a projection beast anymore and likely reformulated, maybe only first several minutes.