Code of Conduct

Default Help me identify this boozy fragrance! Is it Idole, By Kilian, what is it?

So I am going through some of my ancient samples and I find this unlabeled spray which I always assumed was Idole by Lubin. Well, I finally tested it side by side with my luckyscent Idole sample and they smell nothing alike. Though the luckyscent sample smells nothing like the Idole I remember. It is weak and slightly synthetic on the drydown. Could the luckyscent sample have gone off? It is fairly old as well (about 3-4 years). Both have a similar color but the mystery spray starts out strong, maybe clove, and resembles Donna Karan Black Cashmere. Then the booze takes over and I think I pick up nutmeg backed by woods. The form stays distinct unlike the Idole sample which becomes a faint indiscernible mess after only a few minutes. I don't remember Idole doing that.

I also thought that perhaps the mystery spray could be By Kilian Straight to Heaven but the juice has a darker color so I ruled that out. Any thoughts?

I don't believe it is the Idole EDP because this has been in my collection for at least 4 years

I would be more than happy to ship the mystery sample gratis to any member in the CONUS who has both Idole and Straight to heaven for review, just send me a PM.

Luckyscent sample next to the mystery spray
    Last edited by Vegas; 16th March 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Default Re: Help me identify this boozy fragrance! Is it Idole, By Kilian, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Could the luckyscent sample have gone off? It is fairly old as well (about 3-4 years).
    A good chance.

Default Re: Help me identify this boozy fragrance! Is it Idole, By Kilian, what is it?

I agree, the Luckyscent sample may have gone off. I have a handful that have downright changed color even though they have been stored in a cool, dry, and dark area for years. Don't think the vials were ever designed to keep a scent "fresh", so to speak, for more than a few months.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme