Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a Budget Friendly (dark, wet, incense, dirty) Fragrance

Hi! As the title states, I'm looking for a female fragrance with that vibe. Do you have any you recommend? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Looking for a Budget Friendly (dark, wet, incense, dirty) Fragrance

Tabu
    La Nuit by Paco Rabanne

Encre Noire

Basenotes Plus

Ava Luxe Incense Noir is $30.00 for 15ml.
    Demeter Incense is $20.00 for 1oz.- haven't tried this one.
    Sonoma Scent Studio Incense Pure is $18.00 for a 5ml. travel size

+1 for the Encre Noire and Tabu suggestions. I don't know the Paco Rabanne.

I also recommend Tabu, as cheap as it gets. But vintage is much better, and it can be had for nothing as well (and is often found in antique sales).

You can also explore some leathers like Estee Lauder Azuree, which should go for $42 regular price at Macy's, if I'm not wrong.

cacio

+1 encre noir

Dead Sexy by Toykomilk

L'Agent- Agent Provocateur. Very earthy, dark, smouldering, smoky and spicy.

Dark, wet, incense, low priced : Loewe 7.

for swap/sale:

Depends on what sense of 'dirty' you mean. Royal Secret is even more animalic than Tabu, but even though I love Tabu, it's gone too far for me in Royal Secret.

+1 L'Agent

Ciara by Revlon; it's less animalic than Tabu and has a touch of incense.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 L'Agent

Ciara by Revlon; it's less animalic than Tabu and has a touch of incense.

Queen by Queen Latifah is a good choice imo. Lots of smoky incense, Tonka beans, patchouli, vanilla, musk and even cognac. It's surprisingly well made for a "celebrity" perfume and it is NOT the usual "fruity-sweet" teen celebrity fragrance. Its mysterious and very elegant. It's a mature fragrance, but with a very sexy and confident vibe. I bought it "blind" on Ebay for dirt cheap! I paid about $12 for a full 3.4oz bottle and honestly, for the low price I didn't expect much lol. I was definitely happily surprised with the quality and spicy bold scent. It's also very similar in "vibe" to my absolute favorite perfume ( my "signature" ) Givenchy Organza Indecence. I would describe Queen in these terms: Spicy, Smouldering, Sexy, Elegant, Incense, and with a fabulous creamy vanilla base and drydown.

treeman5823

Comme de Garcons's Zagorsk isn't that expensive, and it fits your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    Comme de Garcons's Zagorsk isn't that expensive, and it fits your criteria.
    Yes the whole CdG incense series is reasonably priced and worth a look.

I find Encense Flamboyant a bit dirty and very wet.
    Evenstar

Vintage Bal a Versailles is surprisingly inexpensive for it's gloriousness. Find something in a WHITE box for starters...
    Last edited by bamboogrrrl; 25th March 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Tabu
    La Nuit by Paco Rabanne
    ^^^ these two seem good calls. Give a chance also to Donna Karan's Black Cashmere. It's not dirty but it's quite dark and incensey...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

queen of the universe

Magie Noire. Even the name is dirty-sexy (;
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!