Code of Conduct

Default Favorite Lotion Versions of Scents

Hi! I am wondering what are folks' favorite lotion versions of scents. For example, since I like Concentre d'Orange Verte, I was thinking of trying the Eau d'Orange Verte lotion. Has anyone tried this one? What are your thoughts?
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Favorite Lotion Versions of Scents

I've had lotions of three fragrances, all orientals: Shalimar, Ralph Hot, and Carlos Santana for Women. The Shalimar is a little more lemony in lotion form, with a little less smoke, and very pleasant and wearable. I put the EdT over the lotion. Ralph Hot lotion is very similar to the EdT. Carlos Santana is fruitier in lotion form, and happens to be a very good dry skin lotion. That's all I can tell you.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I haven't had too many lotions of scents actually. Ralph Wild, which I sold cause I didn't think it smelled like the fume itself really. Like where was the strawberry? I have Guess Gold lotion, which I kinda like and I had some MJ Daisy which I also liked. I did like and had the Tuscany Per Donna by EL lotion but it's not made anymore..bum deal. I haven't tried any mentioned so far.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Shiseido Feminite Du Bois was fabulous, Angel Body Cream. Aromatics Exlir I used to wear it instead of the actual parfum.
    DONNA

I used to have lotions of Un Jardin en Mediterranee and Omnia, both were quite close to the actual fragrances. At the moment I have Sira des Indes in lotion form, this is also pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like

Bandit lotion is excellent and very close to the perfume. I also like some of the Le Labo, which are also high quality.

cacio

Angel lotion is as good as the fragrance - perhaps better!

What a great thread - I don't have much experiences with lotion versions of fragrances, so I'll be really interested to hear what people say. I have the AG Un Matin d'Orage version. To me, it brings out strong "carrotty" notes that I don't detect in the original fragrance. The fragrance of the lotion is pretty strong and long-lasting, so I'd be interested in trying other lotions and body products

Thanks for the replies, everybody!!! Like yourself, yellow_cello, I have not had much experience with lotion versions of fragrances. I am tempted, especially, to try some of those by Hermes, particularly Eau d'Orange Verte and Un Jardin En Mediteranee, my two favorite Hermes scents. I have heard that Hermes products contain a lot of natural ingredients and are good for sensitive skin. I have had no trouble with the fragrances (EDT sprays) but am interested to try the lotions to match with my SOTD. Bonsai, it is good to hear that UJM is close to the actual fragrance. I'm a pretty big fan of Hermes and tend to expect good things from them. Have started some web searches for lotion versions of scents which I own in order to match with my SOTDs. The lotions are usually a bit pricey, so I am wondering which ones are worth it. I just bought Dior Addict EDP, and I think I read in one of the reviews that the lotion is pretty good. I found Habanita by Molinard lotion pretty cheaply online. Would also love to have Samsara and Shalimar. Interesting, this lotion stuff ... I'm excited to try some!!!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Womanity by Thierry Mugler better in lotion than the perfume..a lot easier to wear, and less sillage, which is a good thing with the Muglers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

lt seems the Mugler body creams are good ones to try, as l see a couple have already been mentioned here. l found the Alien one to be really luxurious with a long-lasting scent.

l haven't tried many others, but the E.Coudray creams are gorgeous, too. l especially loved Jacinthe et Rose, which compliments a number of my spring floral fragrances.

l think l need to try the Un Matin d'Orage one!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I have Angel body cream and Youth Dew body cream, both of which I wear (sparingly) instead of the coordinating perfume. Layering would be too much. They're great, especially the YD cream -- really elegant.

I also have EL Bronze Goddess lotion. Reasonably moisturizing, surprising sillage.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites are body creams, and my favorite body creams are Chanels - Coco, No5 and No19 are just incredible, all highly-perfumed and luxurious ...and if I had three wishes I think I'd use one of them to have Coromandel body cream, lol! Chanel lotions are a bit thin, but the fragrances are usually pretty good, especially if you intend to layer.

And I agree with others who like Angel body cream, but to be precise, I'm referring specifically to the original Angel Celestial body cream, which is one of the most outrageously gorgeous body creams I know of. I actually prefer it to any other version of Angel, including the original edp. I feel like I could just eat this stuff, it's soooo decadent and rich, and of course very lushly scented of Angel.

Dior Addict cream would be wonderful, and I'd love to find Shalimar Parfum Intial in a body cream, too - I've only seen the lotion.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

Carnal Flower is quite amazing - tried some at a Malle event with Coconut and we were both very impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh yes, and those Malle butters are exquisite ..and you absolutely don't need the edps with them.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I can never seem to use much of the lotion before it goes bad.

I agree with Evangeline, body creams are the way to go. They seem to hold the scent better and be more true than lotions. And that is in almost every line that I've tried.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Body creams. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

I love to treat myself to a gift set, while Christmas shopping. Growing up I loved chanel n.5, and would often receive a set. N.5 lotion, I love. The last few years I've bought sets of knowing,and shalimar. I really enjoyed these, but would not splurge to purchase them on their own.