Code of Conduct

Default Winter Secret Weapon=Gucci Pour Homme 2

Though there are the people who know this as a good fall fragrance because of the spice, Gucci Pour Homme 2 is mostly known to people as a warm weather fragrance.

Gentlemen, the time is now! Winter makes the fragrance AMAZING! Yes its light, but the cold brings out the warm notes in this fragrance. No, the girl with the big tits sitting three tables away wont smell you. Whip out the 1 Million if you are looking for that, but the people you are hanging out with will smell you, and let me tell you, in the winter, the fragrance is nearly unbeatable. Walking through the cold and getting a whiff of warm sweetened black tea with cinnamon, just barely strong enough for them to smell it and want to get closer.

This fragrance is a masterpiece. Its in the same class as Dior Homme. It doesnt have any similarities to Dior Homme, but its the sense that they both simply create a classy, attractive, irresistible aura around you.

If its too weak, damnit spray more! We all know you have more bottle than you can ever use up in a lifetime! But let me tell you...its better when they just barely get a hint of it.

Quote of the night: "Damn it stop walking so fast im trying to smell your cologne again."

Default Re: Winter Secret Weapon=Gucci Pour Homme 2

Ive been thinking about buying this one for awhile now u putting me on the edge
    Of my seat

get it! you have a nice other fragrance coming in the mail as well enjoy

Only if it has better longevity...

I do like gucci pour homme I for colder weather though.

Gucci Pour Homme 2 is an all-year-round scent for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    Only if it has better longevity...
    agree ...

Great scent, my favourite tea. Compared to some other popular tea scents (eg. Duel), longevity isn't too bad. I get 4 to 5 hrs.

Glad you like it. Its good versatile fragrance but I prefer to wear it during spring. There are just too many cold weather fragrances that projects/warm you better during winter. I am one of people that dont have longevity issues with Gucci II. It lasts usually more than 8 hours on me with average sillage and my bottle is from scentedmonkey.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Though there are the people who know this as a good fall fragrance because of the spice, Gucci Pour Homme 2 is mostly known to people as a warm weather fragrance.

Gentlemen, the time is now! Winter makes the fragrance AMAZING! Yes its light, but the cold brings out the warm notes in this fragrance. No, the girl with the big tits sitting three tables away wont smell you. Whip out the 1 Million if you are looking for that, but the people you are hanging out with will smell you, and let me tell you, in the winter, the fragrance is nearly unbeatable. Walking through the cold and getting a whiff of warm sweetened black tea with cinnamon, just barely strong enough for them to smell it and want to get closer.

This fragrance is a masterpiece. Its in the same class as Dior Homme. It doesnt have any similarities to Dior Homme, but its the sense that they both simply create a classy, attractive, irresistible aura around you.

If its too weak, damnit spray more! We all know you have more bottle than you can ever use up in a lifetime! But let me tell you...its better when they just barely get a hint of it.

Quote of the night: "Damn it stop walking so fast im trying to smell your cologne again."
    Are you still in Southern California?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This is the only fragrance in my collection that I can spray seven times all over and go out and for it still to hold close to my skin. A enchanting scent and you gotta love that tea note. I can wear this one all year around.

Since you mentioned spice and you mentioned Gucci, I would also recommend Gucci Envy for Men, a quite different and definitely more intense scent, but also with great projection during wintertime

Very innofensive weapon, i prefer Gucci Pour Homme I 10x more

I've always heard good things about the Gucci line (Envy, PH1, and PH2), but never got around to sampling them. Since I never bother with asking for a gift this would be nice to have all 3 as a Christmas present =)

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Are you still in Southern California?
    This question makes a lot of sense. Please answer, as I am searching for a good sensual everyday scent and the versatility of this would be great if it works in both warm and cold climate.

I myself never percieved Gucci PH II as a warm weather scent, au contraire, I always wear it in winter as it is very much a warm, spicy fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Since you mentioned spice and you mentioned Gucci, I would also recommend Gucci Envy for Men, a quite different and definitely more intense scent, but also with great projection during wintertime
    +1 definitely. Gucci Envy for men is a great fragrance, there is something formal yet erotic about it at the same time.

I was wearing Gucci Pour Homme 2 today. Just two sprays to the neck. When i reached my friends one of em was like "Damn Jonny easy on the cologne. " Ive never be so glad to hear my fragrance was too much!

I can definitely see this working in the Winter, as I have noticed my only gripe with it in the summer or warm weather is that it gets "stuffy" in the basenotes due to its musky tones.... that may very well do the trick in the winter. I will test it out when it gets cold out here.

I was wearing Gucci Pour Homme 2 today. Just two sprays to the neck. When i reached my friends one of em was like "Damn Jonny easy on the cologne. " Ive never be so glad to hear my fragrance was too much!
    believe it or not this is one fragrance that although a lot people comment on poor longevity, I have gotten compliment and comments when I have thought that its been long gone (6-8hrs into wearing it).

Last time I wore Gucci PH II my girlfriend commented 4x how great I smell. It is not my most worn fragrance but I consider it to be my signature. It just suits me perfect and works great with my chemistry. It is also fragrance that I wore when I met my ex lover. She loved it much too and I always wore it around her so it is also tied with some great but also painful memories.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Last time I wore Gucci PH II my girlfriend commented 4x how great I smell. It is not my most worn fragrance but I consider it to be my signature. It just suits me perfect and works great with my chemistry. It is also fragrance that I wore when I met my ex lover. She loved it much too and I always wore it around her so it is also tied with some great but also painful memories.
    whats ur application method with it?

funny enough my favourite memory of gucci pour homme 2 came in the winter
    i wore it to a xmas party night out a few years back when i first bought it
    lol i totally doused myself in it that night, but man it came to life in the winter air, i got a ton of compliments that night
    and it was like an aura around me when i was in the winter air.
    Current top 5

1 spiriteuse double vanille
    2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

It's a fantastic fragrance all right. I'm stretching out my last 3rd of a 100ml bottle. I'm sure that Gucci PH II is a classic example of a fragrance which smells much stronger around the wearer than to the wearer himself. My boss occasionally wears it when going out of the office for meetings etc and I can always smell it when walking around the office or when I walk near to where he's been. I think because it's not a headbanger or screamer like say, Kouros or A*Men, it seems to be lacking in projection but I'm sure that's not the case. I also get 10hrs+ out of it longevity wise with 2 or 3 sprays to the chest and 1 to each arm.

Which would be the better out-of-the-shower-fresh-white shirt frag for the summer ;
    Gucci PH II or Prada Infusion d'homme ? sorry for going a bit off topic xD

This is my favorite fragrance. It gives me the feeling of subtle confidence and is well complimented by my friend and special friend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joop! View Post
    Which would be the better out-of-the-shower-fresh-white shirt frag for the summer ;
    Infusion d'Homme by Prada - an enchanting soapy and clean vibe ... the refreshing citrus opening, wherein the neroli and mandarin notes interplay wonderfully, yields to an intriguing heart, with its vetiver, iris, galbanum and cedar cocktail, majestically carrying to the squeaky-clean base of benzoin and frankincense .... decent longevity and projection ...

whats ur application method with it?
    With stuff like Gucci II I usually go just 2 on neck or 2 on neck and 1 on back of the neck.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Joop! View Post
    IMO none of them. Prada smells just like soap, gucci is bit fresh but not "out of the shower fresh". I'd recommend stuff like Paul Smith - Story for "out of the shower fresh" effect.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    IMO none of them. Prada smells just like soap, gucci is bit fresh but not "out of the shower fresh". I'd recommend stuff like Paul Smith - Story for "out of the shower fresh" effect.
    I can't get over the initial grapefruit blast in Story. I do enjoy Gucci PH II though. It's a nice pleasant scent to relax to. I'm wearing it now as a matter of fact.

OK, first time GphII tester and a edt noob, it's winter and I am worried it won't project enough, to me. I love the tea experience sniffing at my wrist, but I look like an idiot walking like that in public I'm not supposed to spray too much on neck area, gets too much for people around me?, coz I am tempted to do this to get the wonderful scent !

Upgrade your weapon with Flowerbomb for a tea-gone-nuclear experience if you can't get over the longevity issues with Gucci PH 2. Flowerbomb when properly launched doesn't have sillage, it's got fallout. Good stuff.

Of Gucci's current line of fragrances, this is still the best one. A definite classic. Guilty is nothing on it.

Great fragrances very fresh and smooth with cool notes of tea and pepper but more of a spring/summer scent for me
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

God, this stuff is amazing. I love this fragrance. It was my sig scent for some time. And I don't get the longevity issues either; solid 8 hours for me. I usually go with 5 sprays: one to each side of the neck, one to back of the hair, one on the top of each wrist. Arm hair adds some staying power.

A nice upgrade to this one is Tea for Two!

I think I just found the fragrance I'm gonna wear tommorow! lol One of my top 5 of all time! Thanx!

I think I may pull the trigger and get this one. It does smell amazing, the longevity with this one is spotty sometimes 5 hours sometimes 8 hours.

To get or not to get, that tis the question!

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    I think I may pull the trigger and get this one. It does smell amazing, the longevity with this one is spotty sometimes 5 hours sometimes 8 hours.

To get or not to get, that tis the question!
    Buy it. You can always put some in a travel sprayer if you feel like re-applying. Love this frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    Buy it. You can always put some in a travel sprayer if you feel like re-applying. Love this frag.
    This is true, the fragrance is amazing. I just bumped an older thread from Sept 2012 speaking of GPHII Intense release in Feb 2013....I have been waiting to see if this is true or not.

GPH2 smells amazing. It's just way too weak for me to wear in the winter time. Let's try it again when it's summertime. I normally spray only twice with every fragrances I own but with this one I have to do at least 4 sprays and it only lasts for a couple of hours and doesn't project at all. It's a shame because the smell itself is amazing. And no, I don't want to carry a travel sprayer with me, I want my cologne to last.

Quote Originally Posted by JyyskNotes View Post
    GPH2 smells amazing. It's just way too weak for me to wear in the winter time. Let's try it again when it's summertime. I normally spray only twice with every fragrances I own but with this one I have to do at least 4 sprays and it only lasts for a couple of hours and doesn't project at all. It's a shame because the smell itself is amazing. And no, I don't want to carry a travel sprayer with me, I want my cologne to last.
    Too bad. I have no problem with longevity, lasts all day for me.