Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Banned

Arrow Any Mont Blanc fans?

I was out and about today and decided to stop by Von Maur to treat my nose to some scents. I was introduced to Mont Blanc's fragrances. I had previously not read any reviews or done any research on Mont Blanc's fragrances, but when I tried Legend, I was pleasantly suprised. A few reviewers say that legend smells similar to A&F Fierce with a little more class and sophistication. I agree completely. I don't know why there are only seven reviews currently of this fragrance.

After sampling legend on the card, i sprayed my hand to be able to get a better idea of it's life cycle, and i could not stop smelling my hand all day. I sprayed it on my hand close to 10 hours before writing this thread and I can still smell it loud and clear through five or six hand washings. Great projection, great longevity.

They also had Individuel that Von Maur which I regrettably did not sample. A few reviewers have said it is somewhat similar to Creed Original Santal. While I have not sampled that scent either, it seems, as with most creeds, to have a good fanbase.

I will soon be going back to get samples of both of these fragrances by Mont Blanc and im sure a few more, and if any of you have not sampled Mont Blancs stuff, i highly encourage it, as im sure you will not be disappointed.
    They are cheap too. Fragrancenet has 75ml Individuel for $30.55 with 20% off coupon, and Legend is $39.35, also with 20% off coupon. For those prices, its tough to be disappointed.

Default Re: Any Mont Blanc fans?

I think Legend is great stuff.

I am a new fan! I always liked Indivduel, but hadn't really tried any others. Yesterday I bought Starwalker and Presence and they are both fantastic!! Mont Blanc is a very underrated house IMO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I am a new fan! I always liked Indivduel, but hadn't really tried any others. Yesterday I bought Starwalker and Presence and they are both fantastic!! Mont Blanc is a very underrated house IMO
    Thats exactly what i thought after I had Legend on my hand all day. This stuff is incredible after first use. I will have to get a few samples of the different offerings from this house but I cant understand why this house is not more popular on youtube or here on basenotes. How do you like Individuel btw? Do you think it is similar to Creed OS?

Quote Originally Posted by LEBRON JAMES View Post
    Thats exactly what i thought after I had Legend on my hand all day. This stuff is incredible after first use. I will have to get a few samples of the different offerings from this house but I cant understand why this house is not more popular on youtube or here on basenotes. How do you like Individuel btw? Do you think it is similar to Creed OS?
    Yep, I specifically bought it when my OS ran out, as a cheaper (but very close) alternative. Great juice!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

MB fan chiming in. I have Presence, Homme Exeptionel and Legend. I think they are great frags. I am yet to smell Individuel yet, as it seems to have run out of stock here.

Funny enough, i actively avoided MB frags after i was given Presence Cool as a Christmas present 3 years ago. It was, and still is(!) a pointless frag with no character or "presence" at all.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Banned

That's quite the wardrobe you have there, perfaddict. haha

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LEBRON JAMES View Post
    That's quite the wardrobe you have there, perfaddict. haha
    One tries to be moderate........ failingly
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I enjoy the Pens they make very much. However, the fragrances, IMO leave something to be desired. IF, they were to treat the fragrance line the same way they treat the writing instrument line, they'd have something on par with Frederic Malle, or Creed.

However, it is a paradox that they sell a premium pen and yet produce a sub par fragrance line that can be often found for sale at the likes of Ross and/or T.J.Maxx stores. You'd never find one of their pens for sale in such a manner.

Banned

well for now I wont complain. The Mont Blanc house will be an undiscovered gem for the time being.

I like Legend.

Love Mont Blanc fragrances.

I don't own any but Legend is nice. I definitely get the Fierce smell from it but is seems better blended and more mature.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Individuel is a really good alternative to Original Santal. Aside from some added fruitiness (juniper berry maybe) up top, it's basically the same fragrance. Great performance too. I bought a 2.5 oz tester from eBay for $28 or so.

Exceptionnel is pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Black Walnut by Banana Republic, and also a bit of Dirty English. Got a tester of it as well from eBay, comparable price.

Presence is ok. Legend is ok. They are just sort of basic fresh fragrances without much soul, but for the price it's tough to complain. I've yet to try Starwalker.

Bought individuel at ross on a blind buy. At first there was a note I didn't enjoy, so I only kinda liked it; after a few tries, I really like it. We just needed to get to know eachother.

Legend I thought was alright. I am going to have a showdown between Bleu de Chanel and Mont Blanc Legend for my next "for the wife" buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    Legend I thought was alright. I am going to have a showdown between Bleu de Chanel and Mont Blanc Legend for my next "for the wife" buy.
    I do a lot of plugging for Legend. It's one of my favorites. Was looking for a frag this summer...I liked Bleu. My wife LOVED it. Then I tried Legend. I loved it. I kept comparing the two, and my wife kept picking Bleu.....until I didn't tell her which wrist was which. During a blind test, she picked Legend. Now Legend is her favorite of the ones I own. I still plan on buying Bleu down the line, though.

Individuel IS similar to OS. I like to compare it to buying groceries. OS is the name-brand item on the shelf. Individuel is the store-brand. The name-brand DOES taste better, but the store-brand is close enough that you're perfectly fine buying it. For me, OS smells better, but I own Individuel and will always pick it over OS.

Exceptionnel is on my list to try...now I have two others to check out. Given my brief experience with Mont Blanc, the house has my attention and business....................now if I could just afford those pens
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

I'm not really a great fan of this brand, but they make quite good fragrance. my favourite is exceptionnel. the rest is also good, but not great. good value for money too. but far from fighting Guerlain or even Lalique's

but if I have to choose other designer scents and MB, MB hands down
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

I enjoy Legend, I really enjoy Individuel and I really really enjoy Presence

I've only tried and own three - Homme Exceptionnel, Legend & Legend Special Edition. All three are very nice and always seem to garner a lot of compliments; especially Legend. I get faily decent longevity & projection from them too.
    Last edited by Lovescully; 4th January 2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.