Code of Conduct

Default Any similar experiences?

Hi again ,
    Let me tell you a story , who took place in Europe not long ago....
    Me and my bestfriend was given the opportunity to take a part of an international project ( with international I mean European )
    So it was like late January ( i think) Below zero outside when we took the train to Stockholm , and took In at a hotel to get some sleep before our flight,
    And man those were times we had madfun ,
    Anyways before our flight to Latvia (then bus to lithuania)
    I decided to take a look at the tax free , and of course I got my eye on 1 Million by Paco Rabanne .
    It smelled fantastic so me and my friend got one each and was enjoying it to the max!
    Anyways we then went to the baltics and had one of the best weeks of our lives , so many memories!

But anyway , after a couple of months when we got home the 1 Million got really big at it seemed pointless to wear it..
    But sometimes I smell it just for the memories and the nostalgia ...

Bottom note : I simply can't wear it anymore, it feels like the past .. The memories will always live on but I won't wear it again...

Soo , any similar experinces?��

(Please take your time , I want something to read)
    ��)

The English is pretty bad , cause' my autocorrect sucks ( I'm from Sweden if you didn't figure )

Default Re: Any similar experiences?

Very interesting story, Swedish. I envy you being able to visit the Baltic countries, as I would like to.
    I haven't gotten tired of 1 Million yet. I think it is the most "fun" frag I have. It actually lifts my mood.
    I know this isn't the frag experience you are looking for here, but just wanted to chime in and say welcome to Basenotes.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Very interesting story, Swedish. I envy you being able to visit the Baltic countries, as I would like to.
    I haven't gotten tired of 1 Million yet. I think it is the most "fun" frag I have. It actually lifts my mood.
    I know this isn't the frag experience you are looking for here, but just wanted to chime in and say welcome to Basenotes.
    Thanks man everyone seems so friendly here
    (Sorry for the poorly detailed story , was too lazy too write )

Although i don't wear it that often I'm glad I have it just in case I have an itch to wear it one future day.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I like it when a scent reminds me of a past experience. Perhaps having a very large rotation is part of the reason why.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Nice to have a memory anchored by a still-available fragrance. Eternity for Men brings me back to crazy college days. T'was my wacky housemate's party fragrance but I wouldn't wear it personally 'cuz it gives me headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I like it when a scent reminds me of a past experience. Perhaps having a very large rotation is part of the reason why.
    +1

Why not wear it when you are alone?
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Your 1 Million is my Polo.

I love it. I have a lot of memories tied to it from back when I used to wear [too much of] it. However, that is why I bought a bottle last year - not to really wear in public, but to wear around the house every once in a while.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I'm glad you enjoyED the Buble Gum vibe
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Platinum Egoiste - mate of mine had it when we were about 15. This was the time that we had just started getting served in Pubs (yes I know that the drinking age is 18 but we all played rugby and looked way older than our actual age)

Anyway, I dowsed myself in this stuff and went out got drunk, had a great night. At the time, I didn't really notice the smell of the scent.

Next day, woke up hung over on my mates floor, put my shirt back on and was immediately enveloped in a fantastic smell that I hadn't noticed the night before. Fast forward a large number of years and I still have the bottle of PE that I went out and bought but I never actually use it as it sort of sits in the past for me even though I do still like the scent

Yes Swedish I've had a similar experience. I think I was around 15 at that time. If my memory serves me correct. My mother bought me my first fragrance, Nautica Classic. At that time I thought it was the best thing since slice bread. I wore it every day to every occasion. I could careless about the silage and projection as long as freshened up with that Blue bottle, I was content.

Fast forward to the present I recently bought a bottle to spray back on my teenage memories. Well, lets just say it didn't rekindle any memory flames. I was disappointed in the changes that were made to this fragrance. But I have learned something throughout this whole ordeal and that is when you find a good fragrance, buy as many bottles as you can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish View Post
    I simply can't wear it anymore, it feels like the past .. The memories will always live on but I won't wear it again...
    Yup! I've experienced that too. For me, the trick was to put the bottle away and completely ignore it for at least a few months. The longer you're away from it, the easier it is to rediscover it later.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam