Code of Conduct

Default Yet another "is my GIT fake"-thread

I was considering to post this in a thread about the same subject, please move this if i did wrong in making a new thread.

So, i purchased a GIT from Ebay (next time i will buy from fragrancenet) from an actual store with 99% positive rating. It seems legit to me, but as im not an expert in fragrances (nor have i smelled it before) i can't tell if the smell is legit or not. From the looking around at threads on the internet, i've drawn the conclusion that it is an actual creed. Cap has 2 parts, its white under it, box seems to be of high quality with embossing etc.

However, it as an ´ over millesime on the back, and looking closely at the paper included, i notice that modern industry is spelled "modem industry" (with an m). Should this be a sign of worry? I know that french people are not the most proficient in the english language, but it seems pretty silly that such a high-end product would have spelling errors.

Also, the bottom of the flask looks very wierd, you can barely make out what it says (included picture, sorry for bad quality).

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28s31pl&s=6

The picture was rather large, so i posted a link to it instead.

Default Re: Yet another "is my GIT fake"-thread

Are you sure the "r" isn't just blended with the "n" too closely to make it look like an "m"? I'm sure it's fine. Enjoy it.

No, it definately says "modem". It was my first thought, but the fonts r are far too short.

Damn...looks fake to me.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Banned
    Blog Entries

If it's fake, it's probably a batch of Cool Water. Compare it to Cool Water and if you don't notice a difference, you're in trouble.

I cannot say whether your Creed is fake or not, but should point out that the misspelling you have identified has been addressed before. You'd think every word would be correct, but other threads have pointed out misspellings in Creed's package inserts even from GIT that came from Creed itself or a full-price brick and mortar store.

I continue to believer that the concern over fakes is a bit exaggerated -- but admit that I don't buy 4 oz bottles of GIT on Ebay. Better to be safe than sorry. And the difference in price between Ebay and a reputable reseller like fragrancex.com is negligible, especially with a discount code.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Mmmmmhhh

Basenotes Plus

I know this isn't a surefire way to tell if it's fake, but does the batch code on the bottle match the box?

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    I know this isn't a surefire way to tell if it's fake, but does the batch code on the bottle match the box?
    Yes, they both match, and is correct for being a GIT made in 2012.

Counterfeiters are now printing a matching code on both the box and the bottle. That is no longer a reliable way to spot a fake.

What you guys really need to do is STOP BUYING 4OZ BOTTLES OF CREED ON EBAY!

If it doesnt smell like poison garbage then its real.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Counterfeiters are now printing a matching code on both the box and the bottle. That is no longer a reliable way to spot a fake.

What you guys really need to do is STOP BUYING 4OZ BOTTLES OF CREED ON EBAY!
    +1 on this advice.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.