Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor
    Banned

Default Re: Did I get ripped off/scammed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bright4Eyes View Post
    @Attila, I can guarantee you that I'm not an employee and/or paid a cent by them to post my honest opinion. But the point you made is exactly what I thought when I read the negative review (that they were affiliated with a competitor site and executing their hidden agenda). In fact, I was browsing for coupons/reviews for not only MPS but also TPC, STC, and Luckyscent, when I noticed their copy/paste smear campaign. So, being that I enjoy a good shake up, I decided to post my own review.

Not sure what you mean about pennies and nickels, or a $5.99 shipping charge? MPS, TPC, STC, Luckyscent all have a flat shipping rate regardless of products ordered??! I'm in the U.S. though so maybe the price increases when you're international?
    You re very well informed about the perfume community(TPC MPS STC etc) for someone who just discovered basenotes and decided to become a member.
    you dont have to guarantee anything.
    people are not stupid.
    The person who originally complained about your site has a true customer tone and feel to him. You on the other hand are beyond concerned about myperfumesamples its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    You re very well informed about the perfume community(TPC MPS STC etc) for someone who just discovered basenotes and decided to become a member.
    you dont have to guarantee anything.
    people are not stupid.
    The person who originally complained about your site has a true customer tone and feel to him. You on the other hand are beyond concerned about myperfumesamples its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do.
    lol you're absolutely right, people are not stupid. I never said I just discovered basenotes, in fact I've been lurking for many years. However, it's interesting to see how you spend your time on here ... you seem pretty concerned with this decantshop.com, so should I say its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do??

[QUOTE=Attila;2852676]why dont you sample?
    its dirt cheap on this site
    you can get samples for 2.49
    decantshop dot com

decantshop dot com
    best prices you ll find. although small inventory, its a new store and keeps getting bigger
    you might save money ordering samples from one of these stores next time.
    decantshop dot com
    Anyway, it was fun playing but I need to run some errands ... tata!
    Last edited by socalwoman; 25th March 2013 at 01:00 AM.

Banned

lol you're absolutely right, people are not stupid. I never said I just discovered basenotes, in fact I've been lurking for many years. However, it's interesting to see how you spend your time on here ... you seem pretty concerned with this decantshop.com, so should I say its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do??

Anyway, it was fun playing but I need to run some errands ... tata!
    yes i am concerned about finding people best deals thats what this forum is about. that is why i also suggest surrendertochance as well. see link below.

you might save money ordering samples from one of these stores next time.
    decantshop dot com
    www.surrendertochance.com
    I ve been a member here for almost a year now. i didnt just sign up today for an obvious reason like someone.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/321...=1#post2854032
    Last edited by socalwoman; 25th March 2013 at 12:58 AM.

But the point you made is exactly what I thought when I read the negative review (that they were affiliated with a competitor site and executing their hidden agenda).
    I am a customer expressing my complete disgust at myperfumesamples' service.
    I am not affiliated with any fragrance company. I work in a hotel.

when I noticed their copy/paste smear campaign. So, being that I enjoy a good shake up, I decided to post my own review.
    I have posted my experience all over the web. It reflects the level of my disgust with myperfumesamples' 'support'.
    I have my order invoices and the complete history of my interactions with their 'support' if you would like them.

- - - Updated - - -

@Attila, I can guarantee you that I'm not an employee and/or paid a cent by them to post my honest opinion.
    At first I thought you might be genuine but as I see you have systematically hunted down all my posts I now feel fairly certain you are affiliated with myperfumesamples.
    All of the above sounds like a sales pitch.
    In fact I see you've taken all day to shadow my posts all over the web,which says a lot more of your hidden agenda than anybody else's.

If you indeed are working and trolling for myperfumesamples which seems likely as you just joined today specifically to target me supposedly because you 'enjoy a good shake up' you might better spend your efforts refunding me my money!
    And I might say that if you are affiliated with myperfumesamples, as I suspect, this is a new low for your company.

Basenotes Junkie

I have used MyPerfumSamples a couple of times before with basically no issues. I did have a couple spray decants leak out of the top into the lid, while upright. Only a couple though, out of about 10 or 15. Didn't bother to try and contact them about remedying the situation.(seems like it wouldn't have done much good anyway.) I would order from them a lot more but it's hard for me to justify paying $5.99 for shipping such a small lightweight order. Last time I used them was when they had the free shipping w/ $25 order. SurrendertoChance shipping (for me) is $2.99, much more reasonable IMO. Just checked out DecantShop.com, they seem to have pretty good pricing on their decants, not sure about the shipping though. Dunno, my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    I did have a couple spray decants leak out of the top into the lid, while upright. Only a couple though, out of about 10 or 15.
    Thanks for the info.
    In my case it was 7 defective out of 21.

Fragrancenet is definitely reliable but a bit slow I guess.