Code of Conduct

Default Did I get ripped off/scammed?

Hey basenotes,

Earlier this week (Tuesday) I bought some cologne from fragrancenet and some samples from myperfumesamples. Both . com at the end. I haven't been notified of anything shipment wise from the samples and my order has only been initiated from fragrancenet and nothing else has happened with my orders. Everything in my orders was in stock at the time of purchase.

Are these reliable companies? Have you ever directly ordered from them before and not been scammed?

It is not a problem with payment.

Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Did I get ripped off/scammed?

Yup. Sorry man. Sounds like you got scammed.

JK JK. Fragrancenet usually takes forever with their orders. When I ordered Midnight in Paris, it took 2 weeks before they actually shipped it out. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I don't have any experience with myperfumesamples.com so I can't comment, sorry.

Basenotes Plus

First, if you ordered on Tuesday, that was New Years Day, so of course nothing would happen with your order. I personally do not know anything about myperfumesamples.com, but have purchased many times from fragrancenet.com. They tend to be a bit slow, but are reliable.

Basenotes Junkie

Both are completely reliable! I have ordered from both numerous times w/ absolutely no problems. It may take a little while, but I guarantee you WILL recieive your orders. For peice of mind you can call them tommorow and ask about your order.( there should be a "contact us" # somewhere on the.website.

Have patience. They will eventually arrive.

Yeah, I would imagine its gonna pan out for you. IF IT DOESNT, please let us all know. BUT, I would bet you will get your stuff. It's just probably gonna take a few days given the time of year and some regional weather issues. Keep Us Posted.

I also have used myperfumesamples a few times with no issues. I actually have a shipment of ten samples coming from them right now. No worries.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Okay, glad to hear that. I'll let you know if it doesn't come, but after hearing your replies, I am confident that I didn't get ripped. I feel $100 richer right now haha.

CologneFan85

I buy from myperfumesapmples all the time. They were not shipping over this last week due to the holidays. My order was place on the 23rd of Dec with them and I am just getting my stuff today via USPS. They are on back-orders..no worries they are good guys all legit based in Los Angeles and new york . A typical shipping arrives in 3 to 4 days from them...
    Last edited by CologneFan85; 20th January 2013 at 02:16 AM.

Until they invent a teleporter for mail your going to have to wait for the humans to do their jobs like everyone else.
    Last edited by silentrich; 5th January 2013 at 04:50 PM.

My experience with myperfumesamples company is very bad.

I ordered two sets of samples and had the eventual problem with a couple of items from both sets of leaking/evaporating samples. I ended up with 5 empty bottles and a couple that dwindled and continue to dwindle significantly.

On contacting them what was most irritating was receiving stock replies.

I pressed and pressed and kept getting the same replies. I even got a phone call from a Diana Felix who was extremely rude and accusatory.

"Our policy states that all defect/damage orders must be reported to us within 48 hours of delivery." Is a reply that was repeated ad nauseum. As were the suggestions of improper storage.

I replied every inquiry they had, what at times felt more like an interrogation, whilst they were never able or willing to answer my questions: If I have over one hundred samples all stored in the same manner, then how come this has only ever happened to your samples, and not only your samples but only a subset of them whilst all others are still okay.

So clearly a case of faulty products! I'm bitterly disappointed in the lack of support and the accusatory and rude manner that replies were given. Apparently they issued me a merchandise credit. One I fail to see listed, one they never further specified despite my inquiries, and one that was so utterly insufficient not even covering half of the damage and lacking any shipping costs. Surely I'll never use them again, even if the so called credit exists. Why would I incur shipping costs for a product that in all likeliness will again be faulty.

My advice is to avoid using this company!
    Last edited by powdernose; 16th January 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Fragrancenet.net is a well-established company. A few members have reported problems with them, mostly regarding international orders. But there have been no reports that things weren't eventually made right and the complaints comprise less than 1% of the people who comment.

I won't be ordering any time soon from myperfumesamples.com though. I've read too many complaints, from too many different people, for such a new, small company. Fragrancenet has had complaints too, but the ratio of puffs to pans is much better where they're concerned. I even saw some complaints on their own facebook page and the many of the "likes" there didn't seem to be from actual customers but rather a tit-for-tat thing connected to some thing FB businesses were voting on. Their response to the complainers was telling too: if you are going to go on vacation and shut down customer service, says so on the web site. It's not like this wasn't planned in advance. But the primary reason I'm wary, at least for now, is they hide their whois info behind a proxy. That's always a big red flag for me.

I hope myperfumesamples.com decides to stop hiding behind domainsbyproxy and become more service oriented. Although the selection could be better, the prices look pretty good and it's always nice to see a new company do well.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 16th January 2013 at 01:41 PM.

Too bad we never heard back from the OP.
    Last edited by Renaissance_Man; 16th January 2013 at 03:00 PM.

CologneFan85

Fragrancenet in my Opinion is SLOW on shipping. My avg order takes 4 days to get processed then to be ship, way to long for a business. Orders should be shipped out in no more then a 2 day period. But I like their sales and prices.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by powdernose View Post

I ordered two sets of samples and had the eventual problem with a couple of items from both sets of leaking/evaporating samples. I ended up with 5 empty bottles and a couple that dwindled and continue to dwindle significantly.

I pressed and pressed and kept getting the same replies. I even got a phone call from a Diana Felix who was extremely rude and accusatory.

"Our policy states that all defect/damage orders must be reported to us within 48 hours of delivery." Is a reply that was repeated ad nauseum. As were the suggestions of improper storage.

I replied every inquiry they had, what at times felt more like an interrogation, whilst they were never able or willing to answer my questions: If I have over one hundred samples all stored in the same manner, then how come this has only ever happened to your samples, and not only your samples but only a subset of them whilst all others are still okay.

So clearly a case of faulty products! I'm bitterly disappointed in the lack of support and the accusatory and rude manner that replies were given. Apparently they issued me a merchandise credit. One I fail to see listed, one they never further specified despite my inquiries, and one that was so utterly insufficient not even covering half of the damage and lacking any shipping costs. Surely I'll never use them again, even if the so called credit exists. Why would I incur shipping costs for a product that in all likeliness will again be faulty.

How do you know if they were faulty? It could have easily been the postal service smashes things around etc. Ive ordered from prfumesforabuck and myperfumesamples over a year and not once a issue. BUT I do agree their customer service is rude, ive called to ask a few questions about vial sizes etc and they were kinda rude. But as of getting my stuff they were fast and never had any other issue.

As for you they should have refunded you regardless with no issues. Thats messed up of them .
    Last edited by CologneFan85; 16th January 2013 at 03:35 PM.

FragranceNet is very slow on the ship process, but I've always enjoyed my dealings with them and you can't beat their prices!
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Fragrancenet is a nice option, but as pointed out, not the fastest. For a quick comparison, I've previously ordered from Fragrancenet and Perfumania. Both companies are located in the NY area and so am I. On at least one occasion my order from Perfumania was in my hands the next day. Fragrancenet usually takes a day or two to initiate their shipping process and then another few days for you to be able to begin tracking. I've placed three orders with Fragrancenet in the past month (one through amazon) and while delivery took a little longer (usually within five business days), the prices were good and the product(s) authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by powdernose View Post

I'd call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback that includes shipping (if in fact they haven't issued you a complete credit yet). Personally I'll never order from myperfumesamples again. They've pulled too much BS with me and I'm done with them.

I've had nothing but great service from fragrancenet though. Highly recommended.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    Fragrancenet is a nice option, but as pointed out, not the fastest. For a quick comparison, I've previously ordered from Fragrancenet and Perfumania. Both companies are located in the NY area and so am I. On at least one occasion my order from Perfumania was in my hands the next day. Fragrancenet usually takes a day or two to initiate their shipping process and then another few days for you to be able to begin tracking. I've placed three orders with Fragrancenet in the past month (one through amazon) and while delivery took a little longer (usually within five business days), the prices were good and the product(s) authentic.
    Fragrancenet has a warehouse in Los Angles also.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Fragrancenet has a warehouse in Los Angles also.
    Good to know if you're on the West Coast, but again, my proximity to their warehouse on the East Coast didn't translate into quicker shipping time (as compared to Perfumania).

CologneFan85

I was ordering from TN BTW, yes they are slow I agree...

I've had problems getting and making up samples in those snap together plastic atomizers, so now I use the screw together kind, which are 5 ml, and glass vials with stoppers. With larger decants I use screw top glass bottles. Of course some people want sprays but there are just too many problems, especially leaking and sprayers not working.

How do you know if they were faulty? It could have easily been the postal service smashes things around etc.
    I received the samples intact from the post office and they were packaged well.
    The problem was gradual and took me a long time to distinguish as I don't check up on every sample I own daily.

"As customers have contacted us for feedback, we have never had an issue where the samples have evaporated. Our policy states that all defect/damage orders must be reported to us within 48 hours of delivery."

A persistence to a ridiculous 48h policy and an outright lie as I encountered this from ErikaHei on reseller ratings:

"I recently had an issue with this company over some leaking sample bottles. I contacted them and received no reply's. A few weeks later I received a replacement order with a very nice card apologising for the issue and that they had been trying to contact me with no reply."
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/My_Perfume_Samples

She was lucky enough to have an eventual resolution to her problem. I didn't and I'll point out the above at every occasion if only to reveal the blunt lie of them 'never' having issue with their samples leaking.

BUT I do agree their customer service is rude,
    Rudest I've encountered in my life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    With larger decants I use screw top glass bottles. Of course some people want sprays but there are just too many problems, especially leaking and sprayers not working.
    That may be true.
    However to date I've only ever had issue with myperfumesamples

I've used My Perfume Samples, too, without a problem. Right now, I am waiting for a package from a private sale from the end of December. The seller lives in London and I live in the US. I am starting to worry!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

Both are totally reliable. Fragrancenet is slower at shipping than most.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Both are totally reliable. Fragrancenet is slower at shipping than most.
    Too slow...

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Too slow...
    Way too slow

My experience with Myperfumesamples is VERY good!

I'm shocked by @powdernose's negative review. Many of my personal friends (and online acquaintances) have been regularly purchasing from this site and have never had a single problem. I usually order a combination of glass vials and spray atomizers which allow me the opportunity to sample products I would find in a department store for a fraction of the price. And the products have always been sealed and in perfect condition. It sounds like the negative review is most likely from a struggling competitor who has no choice but to try to smear this company's reputation. Again, Myperfumesamples is highly recommended in my book and I look forward to remaining a loyal customer for many years to come!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bright4Eyes View Post
    My experience with Myperfumesamples is VERY good!

I'm shocked by @powdernose's negative review. Many of my personal friends (and online acquaintances) have been regularly purchasing from this site and have never had a single problem. I usually order a combination of glass vials and spray atomizers which allow me the opportunity to sample products I would find in a department store for a fraction of the price. And the products have always been sealed and in perfect condition. It sounds like the negative review is most likely from a struggling competitor who has no choice but to try to smear this company's reputation. Again, Myperfumesamples is highly recommended in my book and I look forward to remaining a loyal customer for many years to come!
    Actually, its obvious that you are affiliated with the above mentioned website.

You registered today and dug up a couple of threads from a month ago that no one would have actually cared about accept the person who is concerned about his or her companies reputation online.

your other post today was also about your site confirming that it is beautiful and gods gift to the perfume community
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/316...Is-it-reliable

Also, offering perfumes for pennies and nickels and catching the prey on the $5.99 shipping charge is not a n honest way for a company to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Actually, its obvious that you are affiliated with the above mentioned website.

You registered today and dug up a couple of threads from a month ago that no one would have actually cared about accept the person who is concerned about his or her companies reputation online.

your other post today was also about your site confirming that it is beautiful and gods gift to the perfume community
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/316...Is-it-reliable

Also, offering perfumes for pennies and nickels and catching the prey on the $5.99 shipping charge is not a n honest way for a company to do business.
    @Attila, I can guarantee you that I'm not an employee and/or paid a cent by them to post my honest opinion. But the point you made is exactly what I thought when I read the negative review (that they were affiliated with a competitor site and executing their hidden agenda). In fact, I was browsing for coupons/reviews for not only MPS but also TPC, STC, and Luckyscent, when I noticed their copy/paste smear campaign. So, being that I enjoy a good shake up, I decided to post my own review.

Not sure what you mean about pennies and nickels, or a $5.99 shipping charge? MPS, TPC, STC, Luckyscent all have a flat shipping rate regardless of products ordered??! I'm in the U.S. though so maybe the price increases when you're international?

Banned

@Attila, I can guarantee you that I'm not an employee and/or paid a cent by them to post my honest opinion. But the point you made is exactly what I thought when I read the negative review (that they were affiliated with a competitor site and executing their hidden agenda). In fact, I was browsing for coupons/reviews for not only MPS but also TPC, STC, and Luckyscent, when I noticed their copy/paste smear campaign. So, being that I enjoy a good shake up, I decided to post my own review.

Not sure what you mean about pennies and nickels, or a $5.99 shipping charge? MPS, TPC, STC, Luckyscent all have a flat shipping rate regardless of products ordered??! I'm in the U.S. though so maybe the price increases when you're international?
    You re very well informed about the perfume community(TPC MPS STC etc) for someone who just discovered basenotes and decided to become a member.
    you dont have to guarantee anything.
    people are not stupid.
    The person who originally complained about your site has a true customer tone and feel to him. You on the other hand are beyond concerned about myperfumesamples its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do.

You re very well informed about the perfume community(TPC MPS STC etc) for someone who just discovered basenotes and decided to become a member.
    you dont have to guarantee anything.
    people are not stupid.
    The person who originally complained about your site has a true customer tone and feel to him. You on the other hand are beyond concerned about myperfumesamples its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do.
    lol you're absolutely right, people are not stupid. I never said I just discovered basenotes, in fact I've been lurking for many years. However, it's interesting to see how you spend your time on here ... you seem pretty concerned with this decantshop.com, so should I say its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do??

[QUOTE=Attila;2852676]why dont you sample?
    its dirt cheap on this site
    you can get samples for 2.49
    decantshop dot com

decantshop dot com
    best prices you ll find. although small inventory, its a new store and keeps getting bigger
    you might save money ordering samples from one of these stores next time.
    decantshop dot com
    Anyway, it was fun playing but I need to run some errands ... tata!
    Last edited by socalwoman; 25th March 2013 at 01:00 AM.

Banned

lol you're absolutely right, people are not stupid. I never said I just discovered basenotes, in fact I've been lurking for many years. However, it's interesting to see how you spend your time on here ... you seem pretty concerned with this decantshop.com, so should I say its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do??

Anyway, it was fun playing but I need to run some errands ... tata!
    yes i am concerned about finding people best deals thats what this forum is about. that is why i also suggest surrendertochance as well. see link below.

you might save money ordering samples from one of these stores next time.
    decantshop dot com
    www.surrendertochance.com
    I ve been a member here for almost a year now. i didnt just sign up today for an obvious reason like someone.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/321...=1#post2854032
    Last edited by socalwoman; 25th March 2013 at 12:58 AM.

But the point you made is exactly what I thought when I read the negative review (that they were affiliated with a competitor site and executing their hidden agenda).
    I am a customer expressing my complete disgust at myperfumesamples' service.
    I am not affiliated with any fragrance company. I work in a hotel.

when I noticed their copy/paste smear campaign. So, being that I enjoy a good shake up, I decided to post my own review.
    I have posted my experience all over the web. It reflects the level of my disgust with myperfumesamples' 'support'.
    I have my order invoices and the complete history of my interactions with their 'support' if you would like them.

- - - Updated - - -

@Attila, I can guarantee you that I'm not an employee and/or paid a cent by them to post my honest opinion.
    At first I thought you might be genuine but as I see you have systematically hunted down all my posts I now feel fairly certain you are affiliated with myperfumesamples.
    All of the above sounds like a sales pitch.
    In fact I see you've taken all day to shadow my posts all over the web,which says a lot more of your hidden agenda than anybody else's.

If you indeed are working and trolling for myperfumesamples which seems likely as you just joined today specifically to target me supposedly because you 'enjoy a good shake up' you might better spend your efforts refunding me my money!
    And I might say that if you are affiliated with myperfumesamples, as I suspect, this is a new low for your company.

Basenotes Junkie

I have used MyPerfumSamples a couple of times before with basically no issues. I did have a couple spray decants leak out of the top into the lid, while upright. Only a couple though, out of about 10 or 15. Didn't bother to try and contact them about remedying the situation.(seems like it wouldn't have done much good anyway.) I would order from them a lot more but it's hard for me to justify paying $5.99 for shipping such a small lightweight order. Last time I used them was when they had the free shipping w/ $25 order. SurrendertoChance shipping (for me) is $2.99, much more reasonable IMO. Just checked out DecantShop.com, they seem to have pretty good pricing on their decants, not sure about the shipping though. Dunno, my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    I did have a couple spray decants leak out of the top into the lid, while upright. Only a couple though, out of about 10 or 15.
    Thanks for the info.
    In my case it was 7 defective out of 21.

Fragrancenet is definitely reliable but a bit slow I guess.