Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Completely blown away by Halston Man Amber

I was completely UNDERwhelmed by it. Didn't smell bad, just forgettable.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I was completely UNDERwhelmed by it. Didn't smell bad, just forgettable.
    Hmmm. And you like New York Amber? Oh well, I find it amazing and more interesting than new york amber

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    Hmmm. And you like New York Amber? Oh well, I find it amazing and more interesting than new york amber
    Amber is like Vetiver to me. I like it playing a supporting role, but the frags that tend to scream Amber or Vetiver I don't like. New York Amber is loud and obnoxious, but for some strange reason I love it. Certainly not a "poster child" for the Amber note. btw, "amber" is a confusing term. Scientifically, it is the dried resin of tree sap, with no scent whatsoever but in fragrance it is often used to mean the vomit of whales (ambergris) or the equivalent artificial chemicals that are made to smell like ambergris (ambrox, ambroxan etc) It can be confusing...
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I know this thread is kind of old, but man.. I gotta show some love for Halston Amber. Why the heck this is not on every shelf in every store is completely beyond me.. because this is good stuff. Firstly, it has an amazing oud note. It's soft and subtle, it's not sharp and harsh and in your face like so many other ouds. It blends with sweet amber, and resinous notes, creating this nutty, and warm feeling accord. It's sweet and subtle, but sillage is still fantastic on me. It has gotten me so many compliments already. I've smelled it before in the past, but I never realized it was this good.

Unique and done to perfection. I can't think of anything really close to it. I think I got the last gift set on fragnet, paid like 38 bucks for a 4.2 oz bottle, a mini, and mini of Halston (the newer one in the silver bottle - a surprisingly good fragrance too). I'm almost positive this has been discontinued, due to such limited availability.

Any other big fans? I would probably put this in my top 10, maybe just shy of it.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I know this thread is kind of old, but man.. I gotta show some love for Halston Amber. Why the heck this is not on every shelf in every store is completely beyond me.. because this is good stuff.
    Not only is it not available on every shelf in every store.....it's practically impossible to even find! Every blue moon or so, I'll see a bottle pop up on eBay....but even that's pretty rare.

Dependent

Thanks for reminding about this one! Can't wait to try it. Especially the amber, oud, and thyme combo has me so intrigued.

Used to own this and loved it for about a month. But after a while, there was this kinda sharp note that not only annoyed me but downright made me nauseous.

On the bright side, it lasted about 2 minutes on my sales thread.

Great dry amber scent. Reminds me slightly of LADDM.

One of the (very) few bottles I've ever paid retail for, and don't regret it for a minute. Great stuff.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey
    Currently wearing: Mediterraneo by Carthusia

Does this smell like peanut butter to anybody, or is it just me? lol
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Peanut Butter? I want to crack a joke here, but honestly, I get where you're coming from. No, it doesn't remind me of peanut butter, but now that you mention it, it kind of reminds me of some other kind of butter... almond butter, maybe? I never would have gotten that association had you not mentioned it though. Hhhmmmmmmmm...
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I love it too but I guess it's not nichey enough to get the BN juices flowing.
    Now that is a triple entendre. Nicely done, haha.

One that I forgot about... This is fantastic!!!

Basenotes Plus

One of my favorites for sure. It's so easily liked...one of the very few scents where everyone who's smelled it when I have it on, loves it. I actually found it for sale on Amazon when I first purchased it a couple years ago. Then I got an alert that it was for sale there again (this time in a gift set which also included small travel splashes of regular Halston Man (in silver) and HMA. Same look as the big bottle, just shrunken to 1/8th of the size...love them). I bought 4 sets because I didn't know if I'd ever see it for sale again. Now, I only have one left, the rest sold to friends who, while browsing my collection, found them and begged and pleaded until I relented. I regret it immensely.

Basenotes Plus

Found it for sale here, but never used this site before. Proceed with caution if you want to:

https://www.fruugo.us/halston-man-am...FSYSMwod8koAsQ

It's a skin scent on me, but I really think that's a positive for Amber Man. It's a well blended fragrance.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Currently wearing: Supremacy Silver by Afnan

This is an OLD thread....but MY search has ended...I found Halston Amber Man on EBAY....offered by Fragrancenet....2.5 oz for $19.99 !!! I ordered 2 !!
    I had smelled this years ago at Neiman's and did not purchase it....Then it was discontinued????!!!!
    I am wondering if Elizabeth Arden group has re-launched this..both the Man and Woman versions???? Fragrancenet has the women's too. ALL OF A SUDDEN????
    I also woner if they are REFORMULATIONS..???? PROBABLY !!! DAMN THEM !!! LOL
    Any feedback would be appreciated !!!

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Just received my bottle from ebay today and it left me speechless. Where has this been all my life? Myrhh, Amber and Oud in the most perfect combination possible. If M7 and Gucci I Pour Homme had a secret love child this is what it would smell like. How does this get so little attention on BN? Anyone else as in love with this as I am? I hear the womens edp is incredible also, Ill have to get my hands on this next.
    I have been prattling on about this for a couple years.....LOVE it. Almost perfect, but it fades quickly. Be aware that it is discontinued, and stock up. It's cheap enough, but smells like nothing else I have tried. I still regret not stocking up on original Calvin, as it's one of a kind. This is too. In fact, I am going to go secure a couple bottles now
    My top ten, in no particular order:
    Insurrection II Wild
    Polo
    Halston Man Amber
    Mugler Pure Wood
    24 Gold
    L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme
    Kenzo Jungle Homme
    Terre D'Hermes
    Mauboussin M Generations
    Calvin(original blue)

thanks !
    Demon..looking at your Top 10..awesome
    we have very similar tastes....I am aHUGE fan of Mauboussin M Generation !!! It does not get enough love !!
    Love ..love Insurrection Wild !!! Better than Pure Havane IMHO
    Have you ever tried SAMBA SKIN ??? great also....
    And I miss the CALVIN too !!!!!!

PS....on fragrancenet.com, the 4.2 is less than $25! (use the 20% coupon)Get 'em while you can!
    Insurrection II Wild
    Polo
    Halston Man Amber
    Mugler Pure Wood
    24 Gold
    Kenzo Jungle Homme
    Terre D'Hermes
    Mauboussin M Generations
    Calvin(original blue)

Quote Originally Posted by mapache View Post
    thanks !
    Demon..looking at your Top 10..awesome
    we have very similar tastes....I am aHUGE fan of Mauboussin M Generation !!! It does not get enough love !!
    Love ..love Insurrection Wild !!! Better than Pure Havane IMHO
    Have you ever tried SAMBA SKIN ??? great also....
    And I miss the CALVIN too !!!!!!
    I have Samba Skin! Great stuff. I also prefer Insurrection Wild. Tell me you've tried Eau Des Baux!

I just recently bought M Generation for the first time. DANDY stuff. I am going to check your wardrobe to see if we're brothers from another mother.
    Insurrection II Wild
    Polo
    Halston Man Amber
    Mugler Pure Wood
    24 Gold
    Kenzo Jungle Homme
    Terre D'Hermes
    Mauboussin M Generations
    Calvin(original blue)

LOL..thanks again Demon. My tastes have really went haywire over the last couple of years !!! I am very ECCLECTIC in my scents...from one extreme to another.
    For example..I am wearing a cheapie right now....ESTELLE EWEN....L'Oriental Blanc. It is sort of a Boss Bottled Unlimited scent and also like Lacoste Blanc L12-12-12...
    Then tomorrow I may wear Tauer Desert L'morrocain or Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest....then at bed time a pure amber roll-on iol !!!!! CrAzY...right???
    CK BE...is forver in my collection...since it came out !!! Just love it....don't kno why !!!!!
    For me the 100% best scent I have ever smelled is: vintage Jean Patou por un Homme !!! I should of bought 25 bottles of it way back when ...DAMN !!!
    Also would die for a bottle of Kenzo Air. And original...Nino Cerruti..the first one. Awesome scent..truly miss this one too.
    And do not laugh or have a stroke..but...my current signature is: DIRTY ENGLISH....OMG....can't stop loving this one....have back-ups galore.

Quote Originally Posted by mapache View Post
    LOL..thanks again Demon. My tastes have really went haywire over the last couple of years !!! I am very ECCLECTIC in my scents...from one extreme to another.
    For example..I am wearing a cheapie right now....ESTELLE EWEN....L'Oriental Blanc. It is sort of a Boss Bottled Unlimited scent and also like Lacoste Blanc L12-12-12...
    Then tomorrow I may wear Tauer Desert L'morrocain or Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest....then at bed time a pure amber roll-on iol !!!!! CrAzY...right???
    CK BE...is forver in my collection...since it came out !!! Just love it....don't kno why !!!!!
    For me the 100% best scent I have ever smelled is: vintage Jean Patou por un Homme !!! I should of bought 25 bottles of it way back when ...DAMN !!!
    Also would die for a bottle of Kenzo Air. And original...Nino Cerruti..the first one. Awesome scent..truly miss this one too.
    And do not laugh or have a stroke..but...my current signature is: DIRTY ENGLISH....OMG....can't stop loving this one....have back-ups galore.
    Hey I like DirtyEnglish! Not a thing wrong with it. YOu should try Givenchy For Gentlemen Only Intense.
    Insurrection II Wild
    Polo
    Halston Man Amber
    Mugler Pure Wood
    24 Gold
    Kenzo Jungle Homme
    Terre D'Hermes
    Mauboussin M Generations
    Calvin(original blue)

I will take a look at that Givenchy..thanks !!
    I also want to try Xereyus Rouge.
    BTW..love TDH and have some clones of that one....LOVE Aventus..and have clones of that as well....I told ya...CrAzY !!!
    I still HAVE NOT tried 24 Gold....must do that SOON.
    Another awesome one is...CHKOUDRA PARIS BLENDS: PURE AMBER BLACK.....Hard to find...I got it at my local flea market SwapShop here in Fort Lauderdale,FLorida for a mere $30.....I have seen it on Amazon & Ebay for $79.99 ish. It is so awesome!! I wish I could explain it..it does smell like something else I have smelled..but I cannot figure it out. It is considered unisex...and I find it similar quality to Tom Ford...ect....have to get a back up of this one ASAP. One more favorite is good ole ENCRE NOIRE....Lalique...which is to me a masterpiece forever !!! One of a kind !!! Also Tom Ford Tuscan Leather...love it. Narciso Rodrigues for men..YUM.
    And I still LOVE Grey Flannel and Farenheit. Yves Rocher Ambre Noir....and Balmain Carbone !!! Dior Homme Intense.

Just bought one and there is 1 left! Couldn't pass this deal up. $25 shipped for the 125ml.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halston-Man-...item4aecf97bee
    Currently wearing: Halston Z-14 by Halston

i look forward to trying this.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by munch357 View Post
    Just bought one and there is 1 left! Couldn't pass this deal up. $25 shipped for the 125ml.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halston-Man-...item4aecf97bee
    I picked one up too -- looking forward to trying.