Code of Conduct

Default Completely blown away by Halston Man Amber

Just received my bottle from ebay today and it left me speechless. Where has this been all my life? Myrhh, Amber and Oud in the most perfect combination possible. If M7 and Gucci I Pour Homme had a secret love child this is what it would smell like. How does this get so little attention on BN? Anyone else as in love with this as I am? I hear the womens edp is incredible also, Ill have to get my hands on this next.

Default Re: Completely blown away by Halston Man Amber

Glad you enjoy it. I personally don't care for it at all.

Tough cool loves this stuff. I sold mine.

If there is even a slight similarity with Z14, I might consider testing and even purchasing it.

Great scent that hardly gets or got recognized here.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I love it too but I guess it's not nichey enough to get the BN juices flowing.

It's one of my favourites, but it's powerful stuff - to be used carefully!!

I've heard it described as having things in common with M7, M7 Fresh, and now Gucci Pour Homme. Blind bought a bottle on Ebay for a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I've heard it described as having things in common with M7, M7 Fresh, and now Gucci Pour Homme. Blind bought a bottle on Ebay for a fair price.
    The similarities with Gucci PH lie in the incense notes. Kind of smokey and peppery, but tempered with Amber and a great Oud note in this case. You probably bought your bottle from the same person I did which was an INCREDIBLE price. Im thinking about getting another bottle for a backup since its so hard to find.

Dependent

Blind bought a bottle on Ebay for a fair price.
    Do report back

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The reason for that may be that it is not available ANYWHERE, at least in the United States. Neiman Marcus used to have it but not anymore. Basically, NOBODY has it (eBay doesn't count for someone who does not do eBay). Elizabeth Arden surely did not do a good job of getting this out there, or maybe it bombed and they decided not to continue with it. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    The similarities with Gucci PH lie in the incense notes. Kind of smokey and peppery, but tempered with Amber and a great Oud note in this case. You probably bought your bottle from the same person I did which was an INCREDIBLE price. Im thinking about getting another bottle for a backup since its so hard to find.
    Sounds fantastic and like you said the price was right, especially for that much juice. If it's anything like any of those fragrances I have a feeling I'll be getting another bottle also. Thanks!

Sounds fantastic and like you said the price was right, especially for that much juice. If it's anything like any of those fragrances I have a feeling I'll be getting another bottle also. Thanks!
    No problem! Hope you like it as much as I do. If you dont you know where you can unload it Longevity is great on this though its pretty close to the skin after a few hours but we are past 12 hrs since I sprayed it this morning and I can still smell it on my shirt. Just keeps getting better and better.

This is one of my favorites. I recall it took a long time to crop up on ebay when I was searching for it, but managed to snag two bottles for about $35 each. A great, great scent.

Great fragrance! Just received it today and it's pretty much how people described it. I get a hint of M7 (without the sweetness) and M7 Fresh without the citrus in the opening with the Oud very nicely done. The heart reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme I with just a bit of LADDM spicyness thrown in. FullCollapse was spot on. Thanks again!

Just received my bottle from ebay today and it left me speechless. Where has this been all my life? Myrhh, Amber and Oud in the most perfect combination possible. If M7 and Gucci I Pour Homme had a secret love child this is what it would smell like. How does this get so little attention on BN? Anyone else as in love with this as I am? I hear the womens edp is incredible also, Ill have to get my hands on this next.
    I am in awe of the fragrance. It is so so good. Great longevity, very good sillage, Amber with no sweetness, balmy, kinda spicy, what is not to love!!!

I have it together with it's senior brother Mancera Sand Aoud (last 24 hours +). Love both juices!
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Great fragrance! Just received it today and it's pretty much how people described it. I get a hint of M7 (without the sweetness) and M7 Fresh without the citrus in the opening with the Oud very nicely done. The heart reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme I with just a bit of LADDM spicyness thrown in. FullCollapse was spot on. Thanks again!
    Awesome! Glad you like it. I also get a little of the LDDM spice market thrown in there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    I am in awe of the fragrance. It is so so good. Great longevity, very good sillage, Amber with no sweetness, balmy, kinda spicy, what is not to love!!!

I have it together with it's senior brother Mancera Sand Aoud (last 24 hours +). Love both juices!
    I would LOVE to be able to get my hands on Sand Aoud! Cant find it anywhere though, where did you get yours? I saw it on ebay a couple of months back but I never pulled the trigger and I am now very much regretting it.

Own it and like it, but to me it's dominated by the infamous "firecracker" note - so much so that I generally wear it only in summer months, when I want to be reminded of the scent of firecrackers. Not kidding about that. It's good stuff, but I prefer Halston 1-12, vintage stash.

I would LOVE to be able to get my hands on Sand Aoud! Cant find it anywhere though, where did you get yours? I saw it on ebay a couple of months back but I never pulled the trigger and I am now very much regretting it.
    A friend got it for me from selfridges 56GBP for 60ml. I will be buying my next mancera soon, i'll probably get "the Aoud" or Rose vanille but that Sand Aoud is a beast! A cross between LDDM and Halston Man Amber.

A friend got it for me from selfridges 56GBP for 60ml. I will be buying my next mancera soon, i'll probably get "the Aoud" or Rose vanille but that Sand Aoud is a beast! A cross between LDDM and Halston Man Amber.
    Does selfridges ship to the US? Cant believe Im hijacking my own thread but I have to get my hands on this juice. How will you be getting your next bottle? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Does selfridges ship to the US? Cant believe Im hijacking my own thread but I have to get my hands on this juice. How will you be getting your next bottle? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    They don't ship to the US, a friend was visiting from the UK so i told him to get it for me. Found a seller on ebay (paris-perfumes) but the seller is currently away till 18th

It's available for worldwide-shipment at Cheapsmells.com:

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...n&currency=USD

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    It's available for worldwide-shipment at Cheapsmells.com:

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...n&currency=USD
    Here's the Ebay link, but it's USA only. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330844764777

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Tough cool loves this stuff. I sold mine.
    Good memory Chuck!

Love the burning firecracker paper note. Great stuff in Fall.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Was this discontinued? I don't see it on the Elizabeth Arden website any longer, and neiman Marcus shows it as not available. I already have two bottles so I'm not worried if it did, but it would be a shame if they stopped production on such a great scent.

Speechless? This has got to be good. Am ordering it blind on eBay for $41....can't lose, really.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

I think it might be discontinued. Down here it is on sale everywhere. Everyone is dumping it.
    I love the stuff. Bought 2 x 125ml bottles today.

Oh, you guys are KILLING me!!! This sounds like something I'd adore, but where can I find it? That ebay auction is gone.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    I think it might be discontinued. Down here it is on sale everywhere. Everyone is dumping it.
    I love the stuff. Bought 2 x 125ml bottles today.
    John,

where are you buying it ? I'm in Sydney.

Discount fragrance outlet here at DFO (Essendon) in Melbourne had 125ml bottles for $39.95.
    David Jones have 75ml bottles for $69.95.
    I'll send you a PM

Blog Entries

I was completely UNDERwhelmed by it. Didn't smell bad, just forgettable.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I was completely UNDERwhelmed by it. Didn't smell bad, just forgettable.
    Hmmm. And you like New York Amber? Oh well, I find it amazing and more interesting than new york amber

Blog Entries

Hmmm. And you like New York Amber? Oh well, I find it amazing and more interesting than new york amber
    Amber is like Vetiver to me. I like it playing a supporting role, but the frags that tend to scream Amber or Vetiver I don't like. New York Amber is loud and obnoxious, but for some strange reason I love it. Certainly not a "poster child" for the Amber note. btw, "amber" is a confusing term. Scientifically, it is the dried resin of tree sap, with no scent whatsoever but in fragrance it is often used to mean the vomit of whales (ambergris) or the equivalent artificial chemicals that are made to smell like ambergris (ambrox, ambroxan etc) It can be confusing...
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales